Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aussie flu? Stay at home!

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

There has not been even 1 mention of the manflu so far this winter. Far more serious than covid-19/Aussie Flu/whatever.
    Lethal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Here's the problem OP. Sensible people don't need to be told not to go in to work wih Flu. It's only the ' I don't take sick days' brigade who would attempt this. No amount of encouragement will dissuade fcktrds like this from struggling in to work on their last breath.

In fairness to some people who go to work sick, management in some places can be a nightmare.
    Id be the type to not miss a day of work unless I was genuinely ill. In my last job around Christmas last year I was so sick, never been so ill in my life. I called into work sick that morning and the manager shouted at me over the phone told me he's no one to cover me.
    I was living with my parents at the time and my dad gave me such a hard time for not going into work, I was having cold sweats, had a plug radiator beside my bed, central heating on, a jumper and two duvets but was freezing cold, a really bad cough and laryngitis.
    Went into work the next day and for the rest of the week, was crying going in I was so unwell but felt so much pressure from management and the parents to go to work. I was on a short term contract and was more concerned that it wouldn't be renewed if I missed time off work.

I think, instead of telling people to stay off if sick, more focus should be on management to ensure they give staff the time off that they need and not pressure employees to go to work sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Ah fook it, im just going to take those cyanide tablets that the government sent out in case of nuclear armageddon.

🙈🙉🙊

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Ahh, the memories. Posted in this thread in early Jan 2018. Spent a fortnight in hospital with complications from Aussie Flu in March 2018, and only getting to grips with the long term effects this past few months following dozens of tests and interventions from multiple consultants over the last two years. Little did I know!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

I've never taken a sick day, if you discount Monday's from the celtic tiger years ;).

🙈🙉🙊

Advertisement