Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2018 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭squarecircles

yes please.the elusive 30 degrees will be reached this summer me thinks.

ukmaxtemp.png

airpressure.png

• Registered Users Posts: 18,108 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Max of 20.1c here in West Clare today. To be honest, with the humidity, that was hot enough! Sea breeze was evident from late morning. It's currently foggy.

Beautifully sunny all morning and afternoon, however early evening it clouded over.

On a side note, I'm getting used to sleeping in the warmer temperatures. God help us when the Atlantic (eventually) comes back!

Also, 15 days since our last proper rainfall here. We've managed to dodge all the showers in the last week. While in other parts of the world 15 days may seem extremely insignificant, to the well water adapted soils here in West Clare I'm starting to see alot of cracking and moving. Grass turning yellow etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Cloudy and very humid here all day and tonight the humidity is almost unbearable. South Sligo.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

today was perfect. Felt warm and mostly sunny, got to 20C here today but felt warmer than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Loving the heat. Had to put on a long pants today for a bit of cleaning and it just felt strange as I have gotten used to shorts at this point! Thats when you know the weather has been good. Sitting here now with a fan blowing cold air onto me! Love it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

14.9C now and humid. The high today was 23.6C and it was mostly sunny.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Couple of swims over the weekend, couldn't get over how warm the water was even with the tide almost fully out.

High of 19.9C here near Tralee today.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭spoonerhead

Although only 21C where I was today, it was the best day of the lot. Wall to wall sunshine for a solid 14 hours, just felt like absolute heaven this weekend.

We’ve waited a long time for a few weeks of weather like this..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,512 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

The last time I remember a June Bank Holiday as great as this was 2009 when it was just blue skies all day long and temperatures getting into the mid-20s (see satellite below). May Bank Holiday was great and now June too. I think 2010 is getting some competition for my favourite year here with 2018.

0RkSvsd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Its always a good thing when the late night forecast on Rte Radio 1 begins with "the fine summary weather will continue this week and on into next weekend".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Artane2002

sryanbruen wrote: »
    The last time I remember a June Bank Holiday as great as this was 2009 when it was just blue skies all day long and temperatures getting into the mid-20s (see satellite below). May Bank Holiday was great and now June too. I think 2010 is getting some competition for my favourite year here with 2018.

0RkSvsd.jpg
    Sadly April had to ruin such a good year. I loved literally every other month.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

A still, dull morning again with midges swarming

Yesterday was interesting. Sun came out then a sweet breeze to clear the air so sat out a long while...

When I came in there was a huge dark cloud over the mainland just a few miles away, the smell of rain but none came.

WHen I checked the new met site, the rain showed exactly where I was seeing the cloud... Amazing! Bypassed us then sloped off to Westport.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

cool and cloudy today, only 14C, very disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭compsys

Gonzo wrote: »
    cool and cloudy today, only 14C, very disappointing.

Weather app on phone was predicting a cloudy morning alright and so was BBC.

ME didn't forecast it - mentioned morning fog that would lift quickly.

Not bashing ME but wonder why they got it wrong and the app and BBC got it right? What did they not see that others did?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Gorgeous in east Galway
    In the 11 years I’m living here I think this is the first time we have got the best of such a prolonged good spell of weather

cloudy and 17 degrees here in Cork City.

Sunny with cloudy spells and 22.6c in West Clare. Very humid and warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,880 ✭✭✭pauldry

20c close bright n humid

14 days over 19c now in a row

24 degrees in Cork City right now. Humid too. Walking out the door etc feels like Spain with the blast of heat. Loving it! Cloudy though :(

24c at Kerry airport at 3:30pm. Meanwhile 23.4c here in West Clare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,512 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Some very hazy sunny spells today at Grange, otherwise quite boring and cloudy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Is this real life?

Is this real life?

Or is this just fantasy?

some hazy sun finally after a fairly cool morning and early afternoon. Currently 16C which is today's high so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Bloody hot and close, though the breeze did finally show at around 4. It's almost boring at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Or is this just fantasy?

Open your eyes, look up at the skies and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Beautiful evening after a cloudy day.

8pm and it's 22.6c here in West Clare. Humidity also at 73%. There'll be little sleep tonight! God help any students starting the leaving tomorrow!

Never thought I'd say this but a cool night or maybe a quick shower of rain wouldn't go too far astray!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

JCX BXC wrote: »
    8pm and it's 22.6c here in West Clare. Humidity also at 73%. There'll be little sleep tonight! God help any students starting the leaving tomorrow!

Never thought I'd say this but a cool night or maybe a quick shower of rain wouldn't go too far astray!

I won't break !!!!!
    Heaven

First time during this great spell I've been able to sit with a beer outside in the evening
    Gonna make the most of it next few evenings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Much cooler day here today. The high was 19.9C. It was cloudy all morning. It's currently 14.8C. At least the sun is shining.

Advertisement