Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2018 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

It was a nice sunny morning; now it's nearly totally cloudy. It's 18.4C.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

km79 wrote: »
    Every single time we get a decent spell people are wishing it away within days
    We live in Ireland IT WILL RAIN AGAIN. It won’t stop for the rest of the year. There will be no drought.
    For Christ’s sake try and enjoy it . The winter will be long eno Thanks when it starts next month. Just like it did last year after a week of nice weather that had people moaning too
    Rant over
    True, but the problem is that in my parts almost all the rain falls outside the growing season. Even an average summer can be dry and convectional rainfall is non existent. I think the last thunderstorm I remember might have been July 2013? Anything since has been the odd very distant rumble.
    I WANT RAIN!

19.5c and cloudy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Chart showing the national mean maxima (3 day running) since the start of May as compared to the long term average.

TE36U9E.png

Data from Met Eireann.

New Moon

For Christ’s sake try and enjoy it
    Rant over

If you have to 'try', then it isn't worth the effort.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 18,079 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

10th day in a row with a Max above 20c.

Lovin' it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Carol25

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    If you have to 'try', then it isn't worth the effort.

You have to try and enjoy the cold tho so why not the heat and sun too!

I sometimes wonder are we a nation of cold blooded reptiles? have we ice flowing through our veins or something? :confused:

If we love the heat so much, why, at nearly every opportunity, do we go running to the beach for a cooling dip, or the pool at the resort when we go abroad 'for the heat and sun' etc? Human logic never ceases to underwhelm me.

New Moon

JCX BXC wrote: »
    10th day in a row with a Max above 20c.

Lovin' it

So two days ago, now on the 12th consecutive day here. Last time I checked it was 21.3c.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Feeling much fresher today in Dublin 5. That gentle breeze really can make all the difference sometimes.

Just look at that nice relatively cool Irish sea air coming in over Leinster for a brief while overnight tonight.

8hKK9rX.gif

Looks heavenly.

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Just look at that nice relatively cool Irish sea air coming in over Leinster for a brief while overnight tonight.

Looks heavenly.

It is :).

Besides the annoying pesky cloud at times today especially the early afternoon, it's been a grand day. This evening is beautiful with plenty of blue skies and perfect feel in the air. My kind of weather!

sryanbruen wrote: »
    It is :).

Besides the annoying pesky cloud at times today especially the early afternoon, it's been a grand day. This evening is beautiful with plenty of blue skies and perfect feel in the air. My kind of weather!

We need a good stiff breeze to churn the air around a bit. I'll take nothing less than something like this:

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 18,079 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Stunning day in West Clare, 21.4c was the max and currently 19.8c. Slightly cloudy in the morning, but perfect now, no clouds at all.

Gave the yellowing garden a drink today, it's turned a great colour of green!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Every single time we get a decent spell people are wishing it away within days
    We live in Ireland IT WILL RAIN AGAIN. It won’t stop for the rest of the year. There will be no drought.
    For Christ’s sake try and enjoy it . The winter will be long eno Thanks when it starts next month. Just like it did last year after a week of nice weather that had people moaning too
    Rant over

We do enjoy it BUT gardens and farms need water. Just a few good showers at night please..moderation in all things.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Muggy and oppressive and the dwelling is sealed against midges.. not seen sun all day.. West Mayo offshore island

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Fabulous day in north meath, clear sky, warm and sunny, keep it coming

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Clear sky and good visibility this evening after a long spell of hazy weather, I'll be looking north later for a bit of nockie watching!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Clear sky and good visibility this evening after a long spell of hazy weather, I'll be looking north later for a bit of nockie watching!

Nookie watching....!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,905 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Not the only one was seen in some parts of the uk last night

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Fantastic evening, calm with fog forming here near Tralee. 14.0C

Pic 23.00

ywTmXpD.jpg?1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Not really weather related but a mad red moon out now in Tipp,haven't really seen the likes before:)

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tikkamark

I do love warm weather but as a metal Fabricator/welder it is horrible to work in and I mean horrible as you have to be very well covered up clothes wise or you get scorched! :(
    Why can’t it just be warm Friday to Sunday!

Good night Bit of a cool breeze
    To the north Noctilucent clouds
    41827198824_06c50ebceb_c.jpg
    to the south east moon rise
    42497486532_b59b4d817f_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Cracking morning here in Tramore, already 22 degrees according to the local weather station.

Really enjoying this spell of weather, nearly reminds me of being on holidays in Spain.

Le graph below shows the mean, mean maxima and mean minima since May 23rd up to yesterday June 3rd (12 days) at most of the reporting Met Eireann stations. The table is ordered by the highest mean down to the lowest.

Opbk7Hc.png

Keep in mind that the average max and min for the period in question is around 15.0 - 16c and 6.0 - 7.0c respectively.

Data from the mighty Met Eireann.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

spookwoman wrote: »
    Good night Bit of a cool breeze
    To the north Noctilucent clouds

to the south east moon rise

Well done. Seriously nat geo material right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

24 degrees and beautifully sunny in Clonaklity :)

Hal1 wrote: »
    Well done. Seriously nat geo material right there.
    Was lucky only spotted it when I turned around to change the lens.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Well this is mind blowing. The Atlantic was in a similar state in 1976 to where it is now in 2018, according to NOAA's analysis here.

Can't believe this.

D7RA1Bo.png

anomnight.6.4.2018.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭appledrop

The weather for past two weeks has been unreal. In these two weeks I've lived in my so call 'summer clothes' more than I got to wear in the whole of last summer. I feel like I'm abroad. It was roasting at 10am this morning. Imagine what it would be like if our summer was like this all the time. Bliss.

Advertisement