Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2018 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Dry and blessedly fresh here. Lovely..

West Mayo;offshore island

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

28.0c now in Dublin 16. Keeps getting warmer! Sweating now, sitting down, even with fan on!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

25c at Phoenix Park at 15:00, better than all of August last year at least :pac:.

Warmer than expected today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

23.6 C here, which is the high, with the occasional sunny break.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,484 ✭✭✭harr

26 and overcast here in kildare. Would like a bit of sunshine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

27.4c and feeling very warm here at the moment.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    25c at Phoenix Park at 15:00, better than all of August last year at least :pac:.

Warmer than expected today.

26c now at 16:00.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Down to 25.2c now in Dublin 16. Got to 28.1c earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

To be honest, I feel that the media headlines saying "no return to heatwave conditions for the bank holiday weekend" are making the mistake of not differentiating between the meteorological, technical definition of "heatwave" and the colloquial one. For the average Irish person, I'd argue that anything above 21-22 degrees classifies as a "heatwave" in the colloquial sense, even if it doesn't meet the technical definition.

What I'm interested in is how sunny it'll be. The GFS rolling out at the moment seems to be suggesting a trend towards a very slightly more northerly jet stream with each frame, and if that trend continues for a few days we could see significantly less potential cloud around Sunday or Monday. The pressure is already high for that period anyway, we just need the Atlantic conveyor belt to shift a little more to our North in order to solidify it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,746 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Reached 26.1C earlier before it got cloudier here north east of Kilkenny City.

• Advertisement

It's the sunniest it's been here so far today, and the warmest at 24.4C.

100% humidity at Cork Airport at 17:00, looks like Phoenix Park's 26c was the max today, a good 3c warmer than the forecasted 23c.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

A high of 27deg in Bray today with broken cloud. Not expecting that at all. Melting here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

You must be getting a plumb - 21 in Waterford earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,603 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Was in courtown wexford earlier and started off cloudy enough but turned out a lovely sunny evening,don't know how warm it was but def 22+ I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Not a glimmer of sunshine all day here. A fresh breeze is keeping the humidity down.
    West Mayo; offshore island

• Registered Users Posts: 6,089 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Only 23.4c, a few sunny spells that were so short I missed them when I blinked, an awful dull and humid day.

I think south Dublin got the best of the weather today. More sunshine, higher temperatures.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I'm in beautiful county Clare for the next few days, no sun here today but it was warm about 21C, spells of light warm rain earlier but it's drying up now.

Reached 25C in Dunshaughlin earlier today, unsure if we had any sunshine. It was cloudy and 19C when I left there early this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭Kutebride

pauldry wrote: »
    Looking at forecast for next 10 days in Sligo there will be rain on all of them..

Even the good days

Drier for a time midmonth possibly

Hard to get used to getting soaked every day again

I told friends they better go to beach at weekend as next week is cack but in parts of Northwest weekend is now cack too.

Boo heading to Sligo Mom-Wed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭pauldry

Every year my brother comes home in August it lashes rain so it IS certain

Yeah, dare I mention the phrase, Summer is going down the tubes. Maybe nature will prove me wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,184 ✭✭✭✭km79

Fook sake now there is rain/showers promised every day bar Saturday and Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 48,184 ✭✭✭✭km79

Fook sake now there is rain/showers promised every day bar Saturday and Sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Its got noticeably milder as the day went on. But dull dark depressing drizzly day. I hate august too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭Artane2002

It is sad to see summer end the way it is but you can't complain after the end of April, May and June we had. I can't speak for July but I assume it was decent enough, for the first half at least. That's really as good as you can get in this country. If August performs poorly, then the curse of August has struck again.

It was a nice enough day here in Dublin 5, with sunny intervals. It felt refreshing at around 25c (because I've been used to temperatures well into the thirties, and even 40c).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Lads we’ve had super weather since May.... I couldn’t care less what happens for the next few weeks (till storm watch begins!)

Best summer for years in Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Foggy and warm in west cork now.

Gavlor wrote: »
    Lads we’ve had super weather since May.... I couldn’t care less what happens for the next few weeks (till storm watch begins!)

Best summer for years in Waterford

Just stated what was going on, nothing more than that. I'm looking forward to Winter for god sake :P.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Yeah, dare I mention the phrase, Summer is going down the tubes. Maybe nature will prove me wrong.

We just have to accept it unlike other summers we've really had a great run this summer after a breathtaking winter season too, the party was bound to end at some stage.

At this stage any warm, sunny day we get is a total bonus.

Advertisement