Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

drink driving, would you do it?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

Wouldnt do it ever. Nothing to with fines or getting caught . If i caused an accident and died or killed someone my kids would be left without a mother or some other families life completely ruined because of something avoidable .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

You are a scumbag. A guy I know got hit by a drunk driver last Xmas and was left for dead. Wasn’t found until the next morning, was in a coma for months then passed away. I pray you, and anyone else that drink drives, hit a wall and suffer for the rest of your days. See how worth it drunk driving is.

Tnks for that very pleasant person you are. So is everybody that drinks and drives a scumbag. If they drink 1 is it ok. Or 2 or 3 where is your cut off point. If it's at 0 then there are alot of scumbags. Think you might have a few problems praying things like that. Kinda feel sorry for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I don't drink but never would driving drunk come into my mind.
    My father was almost killed by a drunk driver, his best friend died in the very same accident.

I also got into an argument with my partner a while ago because he went to the pub with his dad and the dad was driving home with him after 3 pints, it was basically just down the road but I have no tolerance for that, you're not fit do drive after 3 pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

you're not fit do drive after 3 pints.

Almost certainly under the limit so, yeah you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

That's pretty much it. You did a cost benefit analysis and decided it was risk worth taking, as I and so many did back in the day.

The problem with that is the people who overestimate their fitness to drive. It's too nebulous to have as any kind of official policy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Almost certainly under the limit so, yeah you are.
    You would be lucky to pass a breath test after 3 pints , of course other factors would come into play like build and length of time the pints were drank in ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

The drink drive limit is so low now that many people don't realize that could be over the limit the next day after drinking only 3 or 4 pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Absolutely not.

Anyone who would is an idiot. It’s simply not worth the risk.

Or real.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

You are a scumbag.

Would you also class a driver texting as a scumbag.?
    Its now reckoned to be 20 times more dangerous than drink-driving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

harr wrote: »
    You would be lucky to pass a breath test after 3 pints , of course other factors would come into play like build and length of time the pints were drank in ..

A pint as processed in an hour. So unless you hammered 3 in an hour and get tested at the very worst time then you'll be under. I've done a lot of tests and know how it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

No way, although a colleague awkwardly told me how they're driving to go for a meal and they always have a "glass of wine" with their meal and they're "not sacrificing that because they're driving".

It would annoy me to have just one glass with a meal. I would much prefer to drink water with the meal, and have a bottle of red when I get home, rather to be hung for a lamb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

2 pints on a moped in 2004, only time I done it. Haven’t drank in 13 years now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭emeldc

A pint as processed in an hour. So unless you hammered 3 in an hour and get tested at the very worst time then you'll be under. I've done a lot of tests and know how it is.

Ehhhh, I think you’ll find that’s 1 unit per hour, not 1 pint. A pint of lager is 2+ units. You might want to rethink your user name :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

No. Absolutely not and never would. I worked too long and hard and spent too much money to give up my licence over foolishness. If I've had a lot to drink the night before, I don't even drive the next day. Chances are, I would still be over the limit, and it's just not worth it. My husband doesn't drink anyway, so he would do the driving the next day.

Where I come from, if people saw you even try to leave in your car after drinking, the police would be called before you left. That is - if you weren't rugby-tackled to the ground and the keys taken from you first! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Well - Like I said. I don't drink and drive, so the possibility of killing someone whilst on the sauce would be pretty close to zero. Therefore the licence would be a concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

Where I come from, if people saw you even try to leave in your car after drinking, the police would be called before you left. That is - if you weren't rugby-tackled to the ground and the keys taken from you first! :D

Curious to know, where are you from? As I can't imagine any country where there this would be a common or frequent response to a person leaving a restaurant after a meal with a glass of wine.

Bit too much hyperbole methinks...

jbt123 wrote: »
    Curious to know, where are you from? As I can't imagine any country where there this would be a common or frequent response to a person leaving a restaurant after a meal with a glass of wine.

Bit too much hyperbole methinks...

Methinks you're being deliberately obtuse. The last part of my comment was a joke in case you didn't realise. And yes - there are plenty of people where I am from who would call the police as soon as you left. Including me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

Methinks you're being deliberately obtuse. The last part of my comment was a joke in case you didn't realise. And yes - there are plenty of people where I am from who would call the police as soon as you left. Including me.

So do you call the Garda when you see it happening here in Ireland and if not, why so?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭beechwood55

No.
    I know someone who killed a child when they were drink driving.

jbt123 wrote: »
    So do you call the Garda when you see it happening here in Ireland and if not, why so?

Started to answer the question, then got bored...I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Obi_Wan_Kenobi

No way, I have a rule that I don't have ANY alcohol when driving - even if I am under the limit ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Have done before, as have most of the people that I know, but not for quite a long while. I'm mid-50s' so at one time it wasn't as anti-social despite the fact that the consequences were the same !!

Worst ever was on the piss all day in Dublin (straight after nights) - left Temple Bar around 8.30 pm and woke up in Ashbourne the next morning wondering how I got home only to see my motorbike helmet on the floor next to the bed. Zero recollection and I haven't done it since. Won't even have 'just the one' now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

Absolutely not.

Anyone who would is an idiot. It’s simply not worth the risk.

You do realize they are drunk. Ie not thinking rationally. Don't decide to do it sober like. Knew a guard who lived in the sticks.He Drove drunk numerous times. Soundest lad you would meet sober. Drunk? An illogical madman.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

I haven’t done it in a long time. But to be honest I feel a lot more incompetent on the road when I get ‘that call’ in the small hours from someone asking for a lift home than I ever did driving after a few pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,473 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Yeah, most fridays have a bottle or two after work and drive or cycle home.
    A bottle an hour is fine to stay under the limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

Yeah, most fridays have a bottle or two after work and drive or cycle home.
    A bottle an hour is fine to stay under the limit.

Bottle or two of what? Whiskey/vodka?. Bottle is ambiguous!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Never have.

Have driven hungover a few times and am not proud of it.

Advertisement