Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭thesultan

Would I be right in saying pat Ryan did not touch the ball until the 60th minute?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,386 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

conor05 wrote: »
    Have you seen Ballyhale play this year? They would beat the pick of Doon and Na Piarsaigh put together.

NaP can rightly feel that they could be the best team in the country and would hold their own against anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

I have seen them and they are very good but I dont think they'd beat Na Piarsaigh easily. 50/50 game.. and then if you put Doon with Na Piarsaigh like you suggested then id put Ballyhale at 45% and Na Piarsaigh/ Doon at 55%.
    My overall point is it would be great to see them play.

thesultan wrote: »
    Would I be right in saying pat Ryan did not touch the ball until the 60th minute?

He won a free in the first half with the ball in his hand..he also jumped for a ball and dropped it in the first half. Thats off the top of my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Na p on a different plain in terms of experience and physicality, doon hadn't a hope

• Advertisement

Na p on a different plain in terms of experience and physicality, doon hadn't a hope

Ah yeah I totally agree. It wasnt a fair fight. The first 20 minutes were good and you could see the ability of Doon. They ll come strong in the next 2-5 years. And to enter the game without O Donovan and English was unfortunate. Theyd still have lost but would have been more defiant.
    Iv great time for Kieran Bermingham but he could have been more gracious in victory. I felt a few words of commiseration and encouragement to Doon wouldnt have gone astray when he was being interviewed on TV. The 'im so so happy' rang a little hollow . Still he got a performance and Bermo isn't from a hurling family at all..soccer and rugby. He actually got slagged by his family when he started hurling..Who's laughing now ? Echos of the 2011 speech eh.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Mehapoy

BloodyBill wrote: »
    Ah yeah I totally agree. It wasnt a fair fight. The first 20 minutes were good and you could see the ability of Doon. They ll come strong in the next 2-5 years. And to enter the game without O Donovan and English was unfortunate. Theyd still have lost but would have been more defiant.
    Iv great time for Kieran Bermingham but he could have been more gracious in victory. I felt a few words of commiseration and encouragement to Doon wouldnt have gone astray when he was being interviewed on TV. The 'im so so happy' rang a little hollow . Still he got a performance and Bermo isn't from a hurling family at all..soccer and rugby. He actually got slagged by his family when he started hurling..Who's laughing now ? Echos of the 2011 speech eh.

Ya NaP were on another plane, though Casey and Dempsey were on fire and Conor Boylan got through amount of work, the 2 lads midfield were all over aswell. Thought Josh Ryan and Cormac Ryan were good for Doon, they should have left Josh midfield as he was able to at least cope physically, maybe if they moved Pat Ryan in FF he might have been able to make an impact through pace at least. In the end they met a bang in form team, without your 2 best players it's hard to keep pace with that. When the younger players mature and you have talents like Adam English coming in you'll see Doon back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭lim4ev

Well lads we're in October its time to be getting excited I for one can't wait what'd ye think of our chances for the all Ireland? It'll be tough we've a long way to go to win it out but are well capable of doing it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,547 ✭✭✭billyhead

lim4ev wrote: »
    Well lads we're in October its time to be getting excited I for one can't wait what'd ye think of our chances for the all Ireland? It'll be tough we've a long way to go to win it out but are well capable of doing it

I reckon we will do it this year.

I wonder will having a young team make it that bit easier for them with the lack of training time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭pajoguy

Played wexford in a challenge the other night. Went well apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

pajoguy wrote: »
    Played wexford in a challenge the other night. Went well apparently
    any word on score, line ups etc. I know 10 of our panel are playing county football finals with their clubs this weekend, 5 of them starters so doubt they were involved against ye

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Mehapoy

Getting nervous whether the inter county will be able to take place at all.

Mehapoy wrote: »
    Getting nervous whether the inter county will be able to take place at all.

Yeah be a disaster, lockdown in summer is manageable, but in winter with no championship....funk that, need an exemption or we'll all blow a gasket

Yeah be a disaster, lockdown in summer is manageable, but in winter with no championship....funk that, need an exemption or we'll all blow a gasket

Hurling has some hope as all the counties are geographically close but the football aint looking good the way Dublin and Ulster are going and you couldnt have a championship without them

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Hurling has some hope as all the counties are geographically close but the football aint looking good the way Dublin and Ulster are going and you couldnt have a championship without them

They won't have a hurling championship without a football 1. Numbers will only increase as the weeks goes by.

Vinnie222 wrote: »
    They won't have a hurling championship without a football 1. Numbers will only increase as the weeks goes by.

Lets say for argument our covid level stays at 2 and 3 but the north goes into lockdown do you think they would cancel a 10 county hurling championship just because a 32 county football one is unviable

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

Lets say for argument our covid level stays at 2 and 3 but the north goes into lockdown do you think they would cancel a 10 county hurling championship just because a 32 county football one is unviable

The way 2/3 hurling counties numbers are rising I say we could be also in trouble in a few weeks time. Hopefully I'm wrong but I say both championships will be in doubt

Vinnie222 wrote: »
    The way 2/3 hurling counties numbers are rising I say we could be also in trouble in a few weeks time. Hopefully I'm wrong but I say both championships will be in doubt

The have both always been in doubt. Everything since march has been in doubt but one is 3 times more likely to fail than the other

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭pajoguy

All club games now cancelled

• Advertisement

pajoguy wrote: »
    All club games now cancelled

Probably got a tip off about the very likely lockdown announcement tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

You do know that Dublin play hurling as well?

Anyway its irrelevant they either play both championships or none, there is no way they will play one and not the other.

Pogue eile wrote: »
    You do know that Dublin play hurling as well?

Anyway its irrelevant they either play both championships or none, there is no way they will play one and not the other.

Yes I do know that Dublin hurl. I don't understand why you think they would automatically cancel both.

It's irrelevant now anyway as a lot has changed in 24hrs with that NPHET statement

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭lim4ev

I read today in examiner that even if country goes into lockdown no5 the inter county championships will go ahead so that's a huge fillip in these depressing times. If I was involved I'd be imploring everyone to isolate as much as possible over next 2 weeks especially would hate to see any county lose a few players before a match cos of covid

lim4ev wrote: »
    I read today in examiner that even if country goes into lockdown no5 the inter county championships will go ahead so that's a huge fillip in these depressing times. If I was involved I'd be imploring everyone to isolate as much as possible over next 2 weeks especially would hate to see any county lose a few players before a match cos of covid

This would be great as the worst thing about first lockdown was the lack of things to watch while having to sit at home with nothing to do

• Registered Users Posts: 9,547 ✭✭✭billyhead

Not much coming out of the Limerick camp. I presume there playing A v B games. Apart from Richie English and Darragh o Donovan are there any other injury concerns?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭One_More_Mile

billyhead wrote: »
    Not much coming out of the Limerick camp. I presume there playing A v B games. Apart from Richie English and Darragh o Donovan are there any other injury concerns?

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-40063937.html

Not looking promising for the full back line.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-40063937.html

Not looking promising for the full back line.

Hope it isn't the cruciate..anything but that

That's some blow...absolutely our most important player given that we have no one lined up to replace.......condon just can't slot in

Think Finn will go full back.......the corner options aren't super though

• Advertisement

2.Boylan
    3.Finn
    4.Nash

Not too shabby....any other decent options available?

Advertisement