Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Mehapoy

Limerick back to having only 1 school in the Harty cup (Munster A schools), and they draw a fair proportion of their players from Clare. Clare and Waterford have 2 each and Kerry have one also( with all Kerry players), so of all the Munster counties Limerick will have least amount of players playing Harty. Our current success is built on schools such as ASR, Doon, Castletroy etc. competing strongly at the top level, are we back to taking our eye off the ball at underage level again?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I think this year of all years the schools can be forgiven for not prioritizing hurling.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

I think this year of all years the schools can be forgiven for not prioritizing hurling.

That makes no sense. Are Limerick doing something different this year than everyone else in Munster?
    Cork have 5 Harty teams..5! Limerick underage has gone completely off the boil. Huge slippage there.

BloodyBill wrote: »
    That makes no sense. Are Limerick doing something different this year than everyone else in Munster?
    Cork have 5 Harty teams..5! Limerick underage has gone completely off the boil. Huge slippage there.

Interesting the county board are starting to look at it too, good to see them being proactive on this, some good people involved aswell, hopefully they can come up with some worthwhile solutions:
    https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/sport/569192/limerick-gaa-launch-review-into-the-nuts-and-bolts-of-post-primary-schools-hurling.html

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭lim4ev

Any news on Darragh o Donovans injury? Looked bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,815 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Hey all, hope I'm posting in the right section. I just purchased the Doon vs Kilmallock game on the LimerickGAATV site. Never did this before, and they haven't made it very clear. I'm logged in but its still telling me to purchase it, even though I have the email showing successful. Also have it in my purchase history on the site.

I'm guessing it will work as intended come 5.30?

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

Hey all, hope I'm posting in the right section. I just purchased the Doon vs Kilmallock game on the LimerickGAATV site. Never did this before, and they haven't made it very clear. I'm logged in but its still telling me to purchase it, even though I have the email showing successful. Also have it in my purchase history on the site.

Should do I think , other sites seem to work that way too anyway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Are these matches available to watch my father was asking me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

sasta le wrote: »
    I hear Joe Canning is after buying a house in Monaleen wonder will he transfer lol

A house in Monaleen?Altho think he has a share in a takeaway in Limerick hardly move for that

I bought the nap v well match for 1st time yesterday was nervous about it but got it going I didn't get the Doon game as I couldn't see them beating kilmallock missing o Donovan and English I don't think Doon will beat nap missing the 2 lads or at least I'm assuming o Donovan is out? Does anyone know? But when they get them back plus other young lads that are coming through I think their time is coming I'll be surprised if they don't win one in next 2 to 3 years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,815 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

bigpink wrote: »
    Are these matches available to watch my father was asking me

They were. On limerickgaa.com, the TV section. €8 per match and we ended up getting both yesterday. Stream opens about 15 min before throw in, some sponsor advertising and then it streamed pretty well in fairness. Not full HD, but watchable. Will definitely be using it again, parents loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shockframe

lim4ev wrote: »
    I bought the nap v well match for 1st time yesterday was nervous about it but got it going I didn't get the Doon game as I couldn't see them beating kilmallock missing o Donovan and English I don't think Doon will beat nap missing the 2 lads or at least I'm assuming o Donovan is out? Does anyone know? But when they get them back plus other young lads that are coming through I think their time is coming I'll be surprised if they don't win one in next 2 to 3 years

Not sure Doon's win was that surprising. English and Donovan are a loss but they still have 3 players who have played with Limerick since 2018 and backed up by considerable underage club success.

They have serious firepower in Ryan and Murphy along with Josh Ryan. If 2 of those hit form they are a match for any side.

Also I would say Kilmallock have been a slow decline since 2015. They were overshadowed by Na Piarsaigh and outside of Graeme Mulcahy they don't have the balance of the other teams.

Would be hard to overlook Na Piarsaigh but surely will be a lot closer than 2 years ago.

shockframe wrote: »
    Not sure Doon's win was that surprising. English and Donovan are a loss but they still have 3 players who have played with Limerick since 2018 and backed up by considerable underage club success.

They have serious firepower in Ryan and Murphy along with Josh Ryan. If 2 of those hit form they are a match for any side.

Also I would say Kilmallock have been a slow decline since 2015. They were overshadowed by Na Piarsaigh and outside of Graeme Mulcahy they don't have the balance of the other teams.

Would be hard to overlook Na Piarsaigh but surely will be a lot closer than 2 years ago.

Wouldn't have been as surprising if doon had full team but for me yes a surprise plus kilmallock had been going fairly well I must admit I got it wrong. That's what I'm saying about Doon they have a lot of good players and surely will make the breakthrough soon

lim4ev wrote: »
    Wouldn't have been as surprising if doon had full team but for me yes a surprise plus kilmallock had been going fairly well I must admit I got it wrong. That's what I'm saying about Doon they have a lot of good players and surely will make the breakthrough soon

Great win for Doon, they have a good cohort of younger players coming through from underage so will get stronger in the next few years. I think Na Piarsigh will have too much for them this year though, especially without English and O'Donovan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Mehapoy wrote: »
    Great win for Doon, they have a good cohort of younger players coming through from underage so will get stronger in the next few years. I think Na Piarsigh will have too much for them this year though, especially without English and O'Donovan.

What is wrong with O'Donovan?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

jerome o'connell's boys got promoted from intermediate for the first time since the "emergency"

Que a 40 page pullout in the leader tomorrow :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,550 ✭✭✭billyhead

The County final is live on Rte2 on Saturday. I think Na Piarsigh will win but you never know. For Doon to beat Kilmallock was a big upset.

billyhead wrote: »
    The County final is live on Rte2 on Saturday. I think Na Piarsigh will win but you never know. For Doon to beat Kilmallock was a big upset.

Hopefully we get a good game and showcase our championship to a nationwide audience, 200 people will be lost in the GG, it would be a good atmosphere if there were say 1k left in, it's academic but surely the Gov and gaa could stagger arrival and leaving times to comply with covid requirements if that's the health authority concern.
    On the game itself would expect naP to win it, Doon are coming though, would be good to see some of their young guns make a real impression. Both sets of forwards are strong, Doon can get scores from the NaP backs but can't see that NaP forward line being held to a low enough score for Doon to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Hopefully we get a good game and showcase our championship to a nationwide audience, 200 people will be lost in the GG, it would be a good atmosphere if there were say 1k left in, it's academic but surely the Gov and gaa could stagger arrival and leaving times to comply with covid requirements if that's the health authority concern.
    On the game itself would expect naP to win it, Doon are coming though, would be good to see some of their young guns make a real impression. Both sets of forwards are strong, Doon can get scores from the NaP backs but can't see that NaP forward line being held to a low enough score for Doon to do it.

Completely agree on the crowds, should be bumped up to 500 - 200 is a cod as you say whats wrong with telling people to stagger entry/exit etc

what time saturday?

• Advertisement

7.30, johnny Murphy is reffing so you very unlikely to get a free flowing game

I can see Doon pulling off a shock. They've got momentum. In my view Na Piarsaigh are vulnerable as they've had easy wins against Doon in the past.
    In the medium term Na Piarsaigh are so strong and getting stronger if rumours are to be believed. Ger Hegarty transferring from St Pats to Na Piarsaigh is the talk on the grapevine. . He certainly doesn't owe St Pats anything and they've gone Junior A now so best of luck to him. Another ball winner for the light blues in the half forward line.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭big_drive

I can see Doon pulling off a shock. They've got momentum. In my view Na Piarsaigh are vulnerable as they've had easy wins against Doon in the past.
    In the medium term Na Piarsaigh are so strong and getting stronger if rumours are to be believed. Ger Hegarty transferring from St Pats to Na Piarsaigh is the talk on the grapevine. . He certainly doesn't owe St Pats anything and they've gone Junior A now so best of luck to him. Another ball winner for the light blues in the half forward line.

He's probably a bit old at this stage to add much

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Na Piarsaigh abú! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,387 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Na Piarsaigh abú! :eek:

Some of those goals were unbelievable

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Some of those goals were unbelievable

I've the match recorded to watch tomorrow. Sounds like one of those games that would have been a real spectacle for an audience in Páirc na nGael.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,387 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

I've the match recorded to watch tomorrow. Sounds like one of those games that would have been a real spectacle for an audience in Páirc na nGael.

The first half only. The life ws gone outta Doo after about 45min

breezy1985 wrote: »
    The first half only. The life ws gone outta Doo after about 45min

Some performance from Na Piarsaigh and Doons lack of experience told. The gap in physique was huge . Yeah David Dempsey gave a masterclass in scoring. But they were untouchable tonight. The likes of Ballygunnar or Ballyhale, Cuala would be the only teams to put it up to them when they motor like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭conor05

Some performance from Na Piarsaigh and Doons lack of experience told. The gap in physique was huge . Yeah David Dempsey gave a masterclass in scoring. But they were untouchable tonight. The likes of Ballygunnar or Ballyhale, Cuala would be the only teams to put it up to them when they motor like that.

Have you seen Ballyhale play this year? They would beat the pick of Doon and Na Piarsaigh put together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

conor05 wrote: »
    Have you seen Ballyhale play this year? They would beat the pick of Doon and Na Piarsaigh put together.
    They barely beat the village last week...

Advertisement