Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG OLED55B7V €1319.99

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Oat23 wrote: »
    If you're talking about this year I'd get back onto amazon. They'll definitely sort you out if the TV is in stock and it wasn't a price error which caused the cancellation. Some of their reps can be annoying but most of them will fix this stuff for you. Calling is better than the chat.

It wasn't a price error and they have the TV in stock.

They still won't sort it out though. Have talked to a rep, his supervisor and two different managers. They just won't match the previous price. My guess is they switched suppliers as many of the TV's were showing up broken. They gave me 25 pounds which I have now decided to accept and move on. Have used it towards the 50 inch ambilight philips from another thread which should be a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Well the tracking is finally showing the tv as being on the move! It’s currently sitting in Wigan and “ready for delivery”

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DoyleHimself

I got the C7 for 1638 from Gamingoase including delivery. Comes with 2-year Manufacturers warranty and it should be here by tomorrow, having ordered on Monday. It's amazing that we can buy from abroad and the price will be cheaper than all the retailers in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭caster

I got the C7 for 1638 from Gamingoase including delivery. Comes with 2-year Manufacturers warranty and it should be here by tomorrow, having ordered on Monday. It's amazing that we can buy from abroad and the price will be cheaper than all the retailers in Ireland.

Great price ! whats the main difference to the B7 ?

Be interested to hear how it goes Gamingoase, sounds like a good bet for me when I'm in a position to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DoyleHimself

caster wrote: »
    Great price ! whats the main difference to the B7 ?

Be interested to hear how it goes Gamingoase, sounds like a good bet for me when I'm in a position to buy.

C7
    Bezel: Black
    Stand: Silver (Nicer looking than the B7 imo) I plan on mounting mine but I still appreciate the additional build quality
    Audio: Can output Dolby Atmos to a receiver, can play Dolby Atmos with its own speakers because it has a 2.2 speaker.

B7
    Bezel: Silver
    Stand: Black
    Audio: Can output Dolby Atmos to a receiver, can not play Dolby Atmos with its own speakers because it has a 2.0 speaker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

I've managed to own a C7 and B7. Some journalists preferred the stand on the B7 but the C7 felt much nicer to me. I didn't know about the difference in speakers tbh but the C7 did sound really nice. I was a bit shocked expected rubbish tv speakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Are you using a sat input with that? Will it be able to offer a FreeSat setup/EPG do you know?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Not so long ago Conway TV advertised the LG 55" OLED55B7V for €1598. Despite the fact that a higher price is now advertised on their website I managed to purchase at this price today.

When I asked Richer Sounds to price match on this thread they claimed Conway only charged in Sterling so a price advertised in Euros was not necessarily the price a customer would be charged. However I can honestly say that Conway charged me exactly the price I agreed with them (which was €1598).

So if anyone else is interested in purchasing at this price I suggest that you ring now!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭micks_address

2011 wrote: »
    Not so long ago Conway TV advertised the LG 55" OLED55B7V for €1598. Despite the fact that a higher price is now advertised on their website I managed to purchase at this price today.

When I asked Richer Sounds to price match on this thread they claimed Conway only charged in Sterling so a price advertised in Euros was not necessarily the price a customer would be charged. However I can honestly say that Conway charged me exactly the price I agreed with them (which was €1598).

So if anyone else is interested in purchasing at this price I suggest that you ring now!

Conway TV selling for 1598 euro?

Phibsboro wrote: »
    Are you using a sat input with that? Will it be able to offer a FreeSat setup/EPG do you know?

Yep thats what I'm using.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Conway TV selling for 1598 euro?

That is what I paid today!
    So please don't upset me and tell me it is cheaper elsewhere :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Please do a review in the tv reviews section... anxious to hear how awesome it is! :)

That is what I paid today!
    So please don't upset me and tell me it is cheaper elsewhere :D

Would they offer same price to someone who hadn't agreed it earlier? It's 1800 on their site

Would they offer same price to someone who hadn't agreed it earlier? It's 1800 on their site

I was in the same boat as you.
    I started negotiating it with them when the lower price was listed as "out of stock". They said they "would see what they could do" and only agreed to the €1598 price today.

What are the margins on these sort of goods?

I was in the same boat as you.
    I started negotiating it with them when the lower price was listed as "out of stock". They said they "would see what they could do" and only agreed to the €1598 price today.

I didn't get onto them at the lower price though

I didn't get onto them at the lower price though

As I said, neither did I because they were out of stock.
    Sure give it a go, what have you got to loose?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Woo hoo!! It finally arrived and it was worth the wait. It’s absolutely stunning

Advertisement