Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG OLED55B7V €1319.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

how.gareth wrote: »
    Littlewoods have now gone full retard and have just told me my tv is still in a warehouse and my order hasn’t even been processed yet. If I had the cash I’d cancel the order and be straight onto richersounds
    Ohh here:eek:
    Well this is my tracking

23 January, 2018 13:59:51 Passed to 3rd party carrier
    23 January, 2018 13:50:49 Delivery date confirmed WIGAN HUB
    23 January, 2018 13:50:05 Delivery date planned WIGAN HUB
    23 January, 2018 04:32:07 Available to deliver
    23 January, 2018 04:29:58 Received at WIGAN HUB
    19 January, 2018 14:23:42 Order being processed at warehouse

Nothing since the 23rd and littlewoods knows nothing...
    How is there no tracking info for something worth this much ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

What awful service 😒

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I picked up a 65 inch B7 from Germany for 2500 with delivery. 6 years of tracking OLED prices now over.

Nice, do you mind letting us know which site?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

laneooo wrote: »
    Ohh here:eek:
    Well this is my tracking

23 January, 2018 13:59:51 Passed to 3rd party carrier
    23 January, 2018 13:50:49 Delivery date confirmed WIGAN HUB
    23 January, 2018 13:50:05 Delivery date planned WIGAN HUB
    23 January, 2018 04:32:07 Available to deliver
    23 January, 2018 04:29:58 Received at WIGAN HUB
    19 January, 2018 14:23:42 Order being processed at warehouse

Nothing since the 23rd and littlewoods knows nothing...
    How is there no tracking info for something worth this much ffs

Ah that’s sounds grand, I’m sure dhl will be in touch early next week with a delivery time, I have to wait 24/48 hours just for them to investigate why the warehouse failed to proces my order. I’ll give them till next Friday and if I don’t get any joy I’ll probably just bite the bullet and get it on finance off power city over 12 months and pay a silly amount of interest

And still nothing from littlewoods!!!!! Joke this is.
    Did anyone order this and actually receive it yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

bk wrote: »
    Nice, do you mind letting us know which site?

Sure, Gamingoase.de

They might not deliver to Ireland but I live in a neighboring country. Great prices in Germany when you track stuff on idealo.de for all big electronics.

*just checked and they do Irish delivery for 129 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Sure, Gamingoase.de

They might not deliver to Ireland but I live in a neighboring country. Great prices in Germany when you track stuff on idealo.de for all big electronics.

How many years warranty they give for your 65 inch TV?
    Thank s

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

Sure, Gamingoase.de

Conwy.tv in northern Ireland have the 55b7v for €1598 including 5 years warranty and free next day delivery throughout Ireland.
    https://ie.conway.tv/sound-and-vision/tvs/4k-tvs/lg-55-oled55b7n-class-64-5-diag-4k-ultra-hd-oled-tv.html

Massive price jump to the 65 which doesn't seem justified but I paid it anyway as it makes a huge difference to your viewing experience. More than the resolution or HDR.

And still nothing from littlewoods!!!!! Joke this is.
    Did anyone order this and actually receive it yet?

The muppets rang me the other day to say it was out of stock and next shipment was due in on the 19th February

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,831 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

What components in these TV makes them so expensive. It's just glass and plastic after all, I can see why in 3 years they can sell them at 400 each and still make a profit.
    Cost to make these must be 200$ I would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

What components in these TV makes them so expensive. It's just glass and plastic after all, I can see why in 3 years they can sell them at 400 each and still make a profit.

I guess in the early days before mass adoption kicks in you are funding the R&D effort and tooling new factories.

Its not a case of throwing the ingredients into a mixer and away you go. Costs are so high because the manufacturing process is incredibly difficult and because until recently they were throwing away more bad panels than good.

The muppets rang me the other day to say it was out of stock and next shipment was due in on the 19th February

I got onto them today they said give it another 8 days from today and if i don't get it by then get back onto them...Never buying anything big from them again.

I think if i dont get a call this week from DHL i'm gonna ask for a refund

I got onto them today they said give it another 8 days from today and if i don't get it by then get back onto them...Never buying anything big from them again.

I think if i dont get a call this week from DHL i'm gonna ask for a refund

Yeah I’m gonna give it till Friday week and if my tracking hasn’t updated I’ll cancel it and never bother with them for anything big, it’s a shame cause I’ve never had a single issue with them in years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

MoyVilla9 wrote: »
    Be careful buying anything off Littlewoods. They are truly awful.

https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/www.littlewoodsireland.ie

Wish ye listened. They don't deserve any business off anyone. Their links should be banned in BA. The savings aren't worth it.

Yeah I’m gonna give it till Friday week and if my tracking hasn’t updated I’ll cancel it and never bother with them for anything big, it’s a shame cause I’ve never had a single issue with them in years
    Gareth I got a call from dhl today to expect delivery tomorrow so only took a month but sur look live and learn i suppose.

Gareth I got a call from dhl today to expect delivery tomorrow so only took a month but sur look live and learn i suppose.

Ah super that’s great news, would be great if ye give us an update if it all arrives as promised

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭caster

Does anyone know if the previous year models usually start getting discounted towards summertime when the 2018 models starts to arrive ?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,187 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

caster wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the previous year models usually start getting discounted towards summertime when the 2018 models starts to arrive ?

I could be wrong but the B6 actually went up in price from what i remember.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Usually the older models would be all gone by summer, sold off during post Christmas sales, etc. and the 2018 models would have arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭terryduff12

Got a laptop from there was damaged on delivery an absolute pain to get it returned. 5 different people to finally get it returned. Since there call centre has gone to Africa its gone seriously downhill. I can't order anything online either have to ring every time which is a pain since there English is so bad. I'll never order anything electronic of them again in case anything is wrong with it and the trouble to get it returned.

Ah super that’s great news, would be great if ye give us an update if it all arrives as promised
    Yeah got it this morning all up and running:D

caster wrote: »

Have a look here and set the scale to a year.

https://www.idealo.co.uk/compare/5001138/lg-oled55b6v.html

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭caster

Have a look here and set the scale to a year.

https://www.idealo.co.uk/compare/5001138/lg-oled55b6v.html

Thanks, very interesting. Exactly what i was hoping for. Strange though that it rises in July 17 - is it tracking the 7v from that point instead of the 6v?

No the price gets erratic because they probably weren’t as many new 6s for sale. I wouldn’t expect more than 300 euro of a price drop for a 55 inch 7 in the next 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

No the price gets erratic because they probably weren’t as many new 6s for sale. I wouldn’t expect more than 300 euro of a price drop for a 55 inch 7 in the next 6 months.

Another reason might be the sales, in order for a price to be counted as a sale price it has to go up every now and then. The dates match up with the traditional winter/summer sales.

Another interesting phone call with the super efficient and helpful folk in littlewoods has resulted in me being informed that my order placed on January 7th never actually got past the processing stage due to a computer error so I’ve now had to cancel and reorder and even though the price has since risen to €2500 they have kindly offered to honour the original price of €1319 from my original order!! Dead sound they are

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Another interesting phone call with the super efficient and helpful folk in littlewoods has resulted in me being informed that my order placed on January 7th never actually got past the processing stage due to a computer error so I’ve now had to cancel and reorder and even though the price has since risen to €2500 they have kindly offered to honour the original price of €1319 from my original order!! Dead sound they are

Had the exact same thing happen with amazon, ordered 1st of January, said it would arrive between Feb and March. Then come mid February they said they will not send the TV. Also they would not let me reorder at the previous price. So sounds like them matching the previous price in the circumstances isn't bad. I'd just be looking for a definite time line for delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,208 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

cronos wrote: »
    Had the exact same thing happen with amazon, ordered 1st of January, said it would arrive between Feb and March. Then come mid February they said they will not send the TV. Also they would not let me reorder at the previous price. So sounds like them matching the previous price in the circumstances isn't bad. I'd just be looking for a definite time line for delivery.

If you're talking about this year I'd get back onto amazon. They'll definitely sort you out if the TV is in stock and it wasn't a price error which caused the cancellation. Some of their reps can be annoying but most of them will fix this stuff for you. Calling is better than the chat.

Advertisement