Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG OLED55B7V €1319.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Think this model was released may 2017 in the shops

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

correction wrote: »
    Realistically though, will there be a better TV for this kind of money?

Genuine question, I'm desperate to buy this TV but don't wanna spend that much if in a months time I can buy an upgraded version for the same money. I would have assumed it would be a while before the new models get down to this price.

Any new models will be a lot more expensive than this one and will take 12 months at least to start dropping a lot

LXJV4 is coming up as invalid and the other one is expired.

They both worked for me on Sunday morning

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

LG are already after announcing their first 2018 model. A 65 inch oled that can be rolled up like paper. A lot more to come very soon.

Actually the first one they announced was an 88" 8K OLED. The roll-up one was announced the day after.

Not that anyone here should worry about either of the above, unless you recently won the Euromillions :D These are super expensive prototypes.

Their mainstream models are yet to be announced. And while they will of course be some improvements, I wouldn't really expect anything major that would make buying a well valued 2017 model necessarily a bad idea.

I think the big new feature coming to OLED's in 2018 is simply lower prices. LG is opening $15 billion worth of new factories for producing massive amounts of OLED's. Far more then just the high end of the market can take, so they most be planning to push OLED into the mid-tier market.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

According to this thread the discount can not be applied:

https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057823579/1#post105771793

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

bk wrote: »
    Their mainstream models are yet to be announced. And while they will of course be some improvements, I wouldn't really expect anything major that would make buying a well valued 2017 model necessarily a bad idea.

And just to follow up, a few hours later LG announce their line-up and prove me right:

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/1/8/16860496/lg-4k-oled-ai-super-uhd-tv-specs-google-assistant-alexa-announced-ces-2018

Not much to see, the major new addition is Google Assistant and Alexa voice control :rolleyes: I mean I have and really like GH, but no need for it in a TV. Plus still crappy WebOS, not Android TV.

The very top end, super expensive TV's have a new faster processor, which should improve picture quality.

But the more mainstream B8 series, equivalent to the B7 in the OP uses a slower processor, probably no faster then the B7.

Obviously we will have to wait for reviews, but I don't think you will see much difference between a B7 and B8 other then the Google Assistant gimmicks.

BTW no HDR10+ or HDMI 2.1

No pricing announced yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

I want to get a 66 inch but I'm waiting for it to drop between 2200-2500. I don't see prices plummeting any time soon. Look at the 6 series prices from last year and theres not that much difference with the 7

I want to get a 66 inch but I'm waiting for it to drop between 2200-2500. I don't see prices plummeting any time soon. Look at the 6 series prices from last year and theres not that much difference with the 7

Huh, prices absolutely plummeted in the last year!

My friend bought a 55" B7 just 6 months ago for €2800, it is now €1,700 from the same retailer and seemingly (maybe) €1,320 above!

He could have gotten a 65" B7 for the same money now.

BTW the 65" B7 isn't too far off what you are looking for now. About €2,800 at the moment.

Huh, prices absolutely plummeted in the last year!

The new models are way overpriced for a few months and then its a slow decline for 9 months to a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

I just ordered this with the code..was €1,319.19 all in so the code still works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,781 ✭✭✭Apogee

laneooo wrote: »
    I just ordered this with the code..was €1,319.19 all in so the code still works.

Can you please clarify if you paid for this directly, or if you purchased it using a Littlewoods credit account?

Mine due for delivery tomorrow off dhl, €1319 on my littlewoods account and interest free if paid in full before 12 months time

Is that code valid for the 65 Inch oled?
    Thank s

peaceboi wrote: »
    Is that code valid for the 65 Inch oled?
    Thank s
    The 65 ain’t on offer I don’t think, just had a look and it’s €2800

Apogee wrote: »
    Can you please clarify if you paid for this directly, or if you purchased it using a Littlewoods credit account?

I added to my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Will Richersounds price match now seeing as the code works?

Nope, they only match if it's like to like.
    Rs gives 6 years warranty, littlewoods only 1 year.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭userduluth

which code is working guys? none of the earlier codes working for me

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I don’t know, ask them.

I raised this with them recently but at the time I raised it the code wouldn’t work (according to most posters on this thread).

how.gareth wrote: »
    Mine due for delivery tomorrow off dhl, €1319 on my littlewoods account and interest free if paid in full before 12 months time

Did your tv come Gareth how long did it take and how did u get dhl tracking number?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I'm waiting for it drop on RicherSounds before pulling the trigger.

Did your tv come Gareth how long did it take and how did u get dhl tracking number?

It was due on the 22nd but a delay from the supplier means it won’t be delivered till the 26th, no tracking number unfortunately which is a pain

how.gareth wrote: »
    It was due on the 22nd but a delay from the supplier means it won’t be delivered till the 26th, no tracking number unfortunately which is a pain
    Gareth i couldn't ask ya a favor could you post or PM me your tracking info log just to get an idea of when mine will come.
    Seems to have taking yours nearly 3 weeks to come and I've things on next week so just trying to get idea is all...rang littlewoods may as well be talking to a dead phone.

Gareth i couldn't ask ya a favor could you post or PM me your tracking info log just to get an idea of when mine will come.
    Seems to have taking yours nearly 3 weeks to come and I've things on next week so just trying to get idea is all...rang littlewoods may as well be talking to a dead phone.

I’ve no tracking info, I usually get all my littlewoods deliveries through fast way with full updated tracking from order date till it’s delivered. This is the first time I’m receiving a delivery from dhl and it’s a bit of a disaster so far. My tracking is still showing as “order being processed in the warehouse” I ordered it on the 7/01. I’ve been into little woods via their Indian call centre which is always a fun experience and they have said it’s with dhl since last week and they say I’ll have it by tomorrow 26/01, I’m not holding my breath to be honest but I’ll post an update tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

correction wrote: »
    Realistically though, will there be a better TV for this kind of money?

Genuine question, I'm desperate to buy this TV but don't wanna spend that much if in a months time I can buy an upgraded version for the same money. I would have assumed it would be a while before the new models get down to this price.
    there will always be an upgraded version around the corner for the same money. That's technology!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

2011 wrote: »
    I don’t know, ask them.

I raised this with them recently but at the time I raised it the code wouldn’t work (according to most posters on this thread).
    Even if they don't price match. I would happily pay a smdll premium. They are offering a 6 year warranty and fantastic customer service! Some people know the price of everything and the value of nothing !

Ye, absolutely it makes sense to get the 6 year warranty on the oled tvs. And also, they provide in-house 6 year warranty for the 55 inch and above oled tv's, it's really worth.

Littlewoods have now gone full retard and have just told me my tv is still in a warehouse and my order hasn’t even been processed yet. If I had the cash I’d cancel the order and be straight onto richersounds

I picked up a 65 inch B7 from Germany for 2500 with delivery. 6 years of tracking OLED prices now over.

• Advertisement

I picked up a 65 inch B7 from Germany for 2500 with delivery. 6 years of tracking OLED prices now over.
    I’m jealous! I had hoped my long wait would be over today but God knows when if ever ill receive this now

Advertisement