Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-Nationals attacking Taxi drivers in West Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭testaccount123

I'm against hooliganism but I like the idea of a gang of black people challenging the settled hooligans. Theres too many irish hooligans that get away with far worse these days. Also sick of hearing inner city accents from people that live in west dublin. Its not the liberties out there.

Perhaps the gangs of hooligans could each adopt a kind of theme, like in that movie 'The Warriors'.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 StolenKrone

Perhaps the gangs of hooligans could each adopt a kind of theme, like in that movie 'The Warriors'.

That would be interesting, they could register as a Plc or something and apply for a hooliganism grant. It would be a service to the state. Just as long as they abide by a no guns or drugs policy then its fine. If rte could be sent in to record the happenings, preferably ryan tubrity and his skill-set could come as an asset in the reality series. Sure throw in des bishop as well, he has some experience after all.

The lads from D15 would have to be The Boppers so

3034955-boppers.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭Hoboo

The NTA needs to sit down with NWA and sort this out once and for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,209 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I've a black brother & sister both in their 50s and both born and bred Irish. Ever hear of Phyl lynott? Paul MaGrah?

You need to take a long look at yourself if you see black and asume they are none nationals.

Edit : maybe a thread title change is in order

Jaysus, Paul McGrath is your sister and Phil Lynott was your brother?

Was Kevin Sharkey's da your oul' fella too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Omackeral wrote: »
    People will laugh at you and call you whatever but there's a group of little sh*ts up there that go around with baseball bats and the likes and it's intimidating to the locals. This one was captioned ''Straight Outta Tyrellstown'' which is certainly an homage to rap culture.
    DOMIMyZWkAUM52w.jpg

I remember a similar trend in Crumlin about ten years ago. They called themselves the Crumpton boys or something. It was pretty cringey.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,052 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Is the lad on the right with the furry hood and handbag not white? Every area pretty much has teen rogues of all colour and creed!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Brian? wrote: »
    This is the same hooliganism problem that has existed in various areas of Dublin since the eighteenth century. The colour of the perpetrators has nothing to do with it.

100% agree. I grew up in Tallaght in the 80s, these lads are mild compared to some of my former neighbours.

At least we didn’t have gangs though, it’s tough to organise a gang when all the prospective members are on smack.

Mrs Corners is from Finglas west and we lived up there for a good while , those girls in the picture also look mild compared to some of her neighbours and acquaintances.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Stephen Strange

No such thing as a " non National"- everyone has a nationality.

Actually, there is such a thing as a Non-National. Irish legislation uses it (eg. Immigration Act 2004). Non-National doesn't mean they don't have a Nationality, Stateless does (and there are plenty of people who don't have Nationalities).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,928 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

They're not foreign. They're just scrotes. Also, that's your 10,000th post, congrats :)
    ha great and I managed to get "ejaculate" into my 10,000 post!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

We shouldn't underestimate Rap Culture, "Thug Life" and so on. British gang culture in particular is starting to emerge in West Dublin and out towards Tallaght. A lot of these guys have close relatives living in these London Ghettos.

I have seen plenty of those lost places in East London.

If we import that then Dublin, at the least, is done for.

That all happened there because of decades of police softness in the name of political correctness.

The colour of these guys' skin isn't an issue to begin with. It's not the cause of the trouble. It becomes trouble when authorities treat them less severely than they might for fear of been seen as a bad person.

Let us be clear. No Irish person needs to have any of this white guilt complex you see in other nations. We had no colonies. We had no slaves. We didn't segregate anybody. The worst we ever inflicted on them was sending out missionaries who gave long boring masses. We owe these people nothing. If we take them in and give them a new start - THEY owe us. If we see this any other way - we are likely to screw it up like they did in London's sink estates and no-go areas, which I have witnessed first hand.

In short, this isn't a race thing. It's a law and order thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,209 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

greencap wrote: »
    Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Ongar/Hansfield area has always been a bit rough, some really decent families living there, but it’s known to be a bit of a trouble spot.

me arse.

Ah that's unfair.......

There could very well be some really decent families there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I was expecting that photo to be trotted out again. That must be years old and half them probably don't live there anymore.

You probably took the photo.

topper75 wrote: »

"I'm not racist, but..."

Aegir wrote: »
    "I'm not racist, but..."

Actually not at all. Did you read the crux of the post? One of the fairer ones you'll see on her. You just jumped in with that soundbite. The poster says their colour is nothing to do with the problem.

Their colour is absolutely irrelevant imo. It gives fuel to racists and small minded people but they're better off ignored anyway. We've a group of black scum roaming around. That's not racist to say. It's just what it is. I consider anyone born and raised here Irish and so does the law. So they're also Irish scumbags, not non national ones.

In short, we've black Irish dirt and we've white Irish dirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Posted in wrong thread. My bad.

Actually not at all. Did you read the crux of the post? One of the fairer ones you'll see on her. You just jumped in with that soundbite. The poster says their colour is nothing to do with the problem.

Their colour is absolutely irrelevant imo. It gives fuel to racists and small minded people but they're better off ignored anyway. We've a group of black scum roaming around. That's not racist to say. It's just what it is. I consider anyone born and raised here Irish and so does the law. So they're also Irish scumbags, not non national ones.

In short, we've black Irish dirt and we've white Irish dirt.

yeah, I read it.

is there any evidence that young black men are treated less severely, because if you look at the stop and search figures produced by the Met, it was very much the opposite. In fact, the metropolitan police are continually accused of being racist or of racial profiling.

Yes, colour is absolutely irrelevant, so why did the poster try to make out that it was and that young black men seem to think they are owed something and that they get preferential treatment? is there any evidence to back this up?

oh, the slave trade thing?

http://www.historyireland.com/18th-19th-century-history/the-irish-and-the-atlantic-slave-trade/

To say the Irish did not own slaves is trite in the extreme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Skedaddle

The biggest issue in Dublin in general is a total lack of policing.

It's nothing to do with ethnicity in my opinion.

Large areas of the city have issues with antisocial behaviour and the policing resources just are not there to deal with it.

Skedaddle wrote: »

Large areas of the city have issues with antisocial behaviour and the policing resources just are not there to deal with it.

Agreed, we had these exact same issues where I grew up in the 70s & 80s in Ireland. These issues are not imported. The colour of peoples skin or people ****eing on about slavery or culture has nothing to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

And the judges won't put them in prison for a stretch until they get 100 Bonus Points on their convinction club card

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Being in a gang is the complete opposite of antisocial behaviour. Gangs usually have a brilliant social life.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

is there any evidence that young black men are treated less severely...

I'm not going to get into the facts of slavery here or even police treatment because to be honest with you, I've no idea how differently the Gardai treat young black men, if they do at all.

What I will say on it though is that I've noticed some publications, including here on boards, are seemingly afraid to describe a gang of black lads up to know good as ...well... a gang of black lads up to know good. They're terrified of having the race card brought out.

If anything it's evidence of people integrating into the rich and long standing culture of scumbaggery in Dublin that's been around for a very long time.

I think we need to be very careful that we don't import US racial biases that come from centuries of oppression and relatively modern apartheid like segregation. It's a different country, with a different history and really we don't need to reference everything to America's highly toxic baggage and long standing history of social divides between races.

Ireland's very much started with almost a blank slate on race relations.

Brian? wrote: »
    Being in a gang is the complete opposite of antisocial behaviour. Gangs usually have a brilliant social life.

That's amazing!!!! And technically factual! Love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭conorhal

topper75 wrote: »
    I have seen plenty of those lost places in East London.

If we import that then Dublin, at the least, is done for.

That all happened there because of decades of police softness in the name of political correctness.

The colour of these guys' skin isn't an issue to begin with. It's not the cause of the trouble. It becomes trouble when authorities treat them less severely than they might for fear of been seen as a bad person.

Let us be clear. No Irish person needs to have any of this white guilt complex you see in other nations. We had no colonies. We had no slaves. We didn't segregate anybody. The worst we ever inflicted on them was sending out missionaries who gave long boring masses. We owe these people nothing. If we take them in and give them a new start - THEY owe us. If we see this any other way - we are likely to screw it up like they did in London's sink estates and no-go areas, which I have witnessed first hand.

Just breath deeply and repeat after me, 'diversity is our strength, diversity is our strength'...
    one of the most irritating things about this country is our stunning capacity to look at the mistakes made in litterally every other country, from inner city London to the banlieue's of Paris or the 'no go' ares of Malmo in Sweden, and then go and repeat every single one of the mistakes these places have made. Or was it going to be 'different' in Ireland?

You know things are bad when you start to see even the cowed Irish getting desperate enough to protest about these gangs, in numbers.
    https://dublingazette.com/news/tackl...riggan-doomed/

You never see a thousand people in this country protesting crime, or much else that doesn't relate to water charges, so I'd imagine the problem would have to be pretty serious to cause a community to shake of the typical Irish 'ah sure it'll be grand' apathy and hit the streets.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

conorhal wrote: »
    Just breath deeply and repeat after me, 'diversity is our strength, diversity is our strength'...
    one of the most irritating things about this country is our stunning capacity to look at the mistakes made in litterally every other country, from inner city London to the banlieue's of Paris or the 'no go' ares of Malmo in Sweden, and then go and repeat every single one of the mistakes these places have made. Or was it going to be 'different' in Ireland?

You know things are bad when you start to see even the cowed Irish getting desperate enough to protest about these gangs, in numbers.
    https://dublingazette.com/news/tackl...riggan-doomed/

You never see a thousand people in this country protesting crime, or much else that doesn't relate to water charges, so I'd imagine the problem would have to be pretty serious to cause a community to shake of the typical Irish 'ah sure it'll be grand' apathy and hit the streets.

Fixed that link for you
    https://dublingazette.com/news/tackle-wild-gangs-balbriggan-doomed/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

drake70 wrote: »

Send the Army in.They'll do something good on our streets for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

yeah, I read it.

is there any evidence that young black men are treated less severely, because if you look at the stop and search figures produced by the Met, it was very much the opposite. In fact, the metropolitan police are continually accused of being racist or of racial profiling.

Yes, colour is absolutely irrelevant, so why did the poster try to make out that it was and that young black men seem to think they are owed something and that they get preferential treatment? is there any evidence to back this up?

oh, the slave trade thing?

http://www.historyireland.com/18th-19th-century-history/the-irish-and-the-atlantic-slave-trade/

To say the Irish did not own slaves is trite in the extreme.

You misunderstand - I have walked through these districts in London and seen with my own eyes so I know what I am talking about. There are crackhouses unraided. Chipshop stabbings uninvestigated. Kids cycling around with guns. Acid attacks. We are talking no-go areas here in Hackney and Tower Hamlets. Can you tell me why they were let develop if there was as you put it 'racial profiling' by the Met?

I'm going to go with no arrests and no convictions as preferential treatment. You may see that as otherwise. My point is if the authorities here are lax - that is the start of your sink estate. A ghetto.

As for that article about the Irish and slavery - it refers to a few adventurers who wound up working in the British slave operations. No black slave ever worked an Irish farmer's land here. In desperation to paint a picture, it makes tenuous links about Caribbean products imported into Irish ports! Maybe you understand the word 'trite' differently. The Irish were not responsible for Africans being enslaved.

Send the Army in.They'll do something good on our streets for a change.

The Army isn't trained to do gangland policing. That's what the police are for!

Resource the Gardai properly !!

• Advertisement

I'm not going to get into the facts of slavery here or even police treatment because to be honest with you, I've no idea how differently the Gardai treat young black men, if they do at all.

What I will say on it though is that I've noticed some publications, including here on boards, are seemingly afraid to describe a gang of black lads up to know good as ...well... a gang of black lads up to know good. They're terrified of having the race card brought out.

why does the publication need to say that it is a gang of Black Lads? Would they also say that a murder was carried out by a white guy, or a ginger?

If your car was trashed by a gang of fifteen youths, is it somehow different if those youths were black, white, blue or purple?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement