Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-Nationals attacking Taxi drivers in West Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭mrhoppy

There is where the problem lies. There are too many pc cowards on the island these days who do not speak out because as you say they are afraid to be labelled racist.

Sure out in Balbriggan a protest against gangs of non nationals was called "racist" because it was speaking out against the utter degenerative behaviour of these clowns. Yes, they were black. All of them.

No; I'm not saying all blacks are like that. It's not about your skin colour, it's how you present yourself. If you're black there's nothing stopping you dressing and acting respectfully and working hard to get the life you have the opportunity to get. Likewise, if you're white, there's nothing to say you won't end up like a knacker walking around Dublin asking randomers for €2 for a hostel. It all depends on you and the way you present yourselves.

But I digress. It's sad to say but yes, a lot of black teenagers here in Ireland have been influenced by rap/ghetto culture and unless they cop on and stop acting like clowns it'll only get worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

mrhoppy wrote: »
    Sure out in Balbriggan a protest against gangs of non nationals was called "racist" because it was speaking out against the utter degenerative behaviour of these clowns. Yes, they were black. All of them.

No; I'm not saying all blacks are like that. It's not about your skin colour, it's how you present yourself. If you're black there's nothing stopping you dressing and acting respectfully and working hard to get the life you have the opportunity to get. Likewise, if you're white, there's nothing to say you won't end up like a knacker walking around Dublin asking randomers for €2 for a hostel. It all depends on you and the way you present yourselves.

But I digress. It's sad to say but yes, a lot of black teenagers here in Ireland have been influenced by rap/ghetto culture and unless they cop on and stop acting like clowns it'll only get worse.

The same thing that happened in the OP happened here in Balbriggan just before Christmas. Taxi driver got the sh*t kicked out of him and robbed at knifepoint. Fair play to the Gardaí they were there in a flash and arrested 3 of them within yards from where it happened, the other one escaped into a field and was caught about an hour later with the help of the Garda helicopter.

Is it racist of me to think of a certain demographic when I hear of this happening in my town? Or delivery drivers getting robbed? Or 20 guys beating on 2 guys? Even though I’m always right?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

wakka12 wrote: »
    if the boys in that photo were all white you wouldn't think it was menacing/thuggy/rap gang or whatever
    If they were White men(these aren't ten year olds here) gurning and gang signing at the camera with baseball bats on show, yes I bloody would think that menacing. Only a moron wouldn't.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

Aegir wrote: »
    yet gangs don't get described as white, or ginger?

so supposed we do describe a gang as a gang of black youths, should the Gardai then start stopping and searching every black person on suspicion of being in this gang, or only black people in groups over a certain size?

Should four black students walking home from Uni get stopped, or even arrested because they fit the description, ie they are black?

hey, they all look the same after all :rolleyes:

What would you like the description to be. "A gang of men". That would be assuming their gender, so we will just have to go with a "gang of people" That will sure be helpful if the guards are looking for help identifying them.

BREAKING NEWS: Gardai are seeking help from the public to help identify a 'gang of people' who robbed a shop earlier to day. Anyone who may recognise these people please contact your local station.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,106 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Jebus that Non is a terrible country 9 day week 35 hour day 87 minute long hour but only 34 second minute to even it all out, the fecking dogs moo like cows, terrible place non wonder all them lads come here. Non telling how many of them there are though as all the numbers there are 0, it's why they all say there's nothing in my old country for me. Non sense really oh and incase you didn't realise they use the word Non instead of no.

Found all this out doing an anthropological study on the place a few hours ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,106 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

backspin. wrote: »
    What would you like the description to be. "A gang of men". That would be assuming their gender, so we will just have to go with a "gang of people" That will sure be helpful if the guards are looking for help identifying them.

BREAKING NEWS: Gardai are seeking help from the public to help identify a 'gang of people' who robbed a shop earlier to day. Anyone who may recognise these people please contact your local station.

Put out an APB for the Wu-Tang Clan there boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,068 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

wakka12 wrote: »
    I could find you hundreds of photos of guys from my old year posing exactly like that and going around in big groups tying to look like hard men they're from a south dublin private rugby school

Show them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭pitifulgod

Dr Brown wrote: »
    They seem to be having similar problems with Non-National gangs in Australia.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5234025/What-really-like-live-African-youth-gangs.html

You still haven't proven they're non national. What's with your obsession with race anyway? Pretty sure most of the threads you start or engage with end up with you sounding like Nigel Farage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

pitifulgod wrote: »
    You still haven't proven they're non national. What's with your obsession with race anyway? Pretty sure most of the threads you start or engage with end up with you sounding like Nigel Farage.

What has non-national to do with race?? A white Australian/South African/New Zealander would be a non-national too.

What has non-national to do with race?? A white Australian/South African/New Zealander would be a non-national too.

He's assumed they're non national as a result of their race. The poster has a pretty long history of rants on the topic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

He's assumed they're non national as a result of their race. The poster has a pretty long history of rants on the topic.

Mind reader eh?? Read my mind. It’ll handily save me a ban.

No idea why you're feeling so aggressive as a result of me pointing out the obvious.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,062 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Read the article linked in the OP and then read the thread title.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

What nationality was Phil Lynott? Samantha Mumba?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Chrongen wrote: »

"African" apparently. The nation of Africa.

“Be on the lookout for a Caucasian/Hispanic/Black male approx 6ft 2” stocky build, aged between 25 and 30 years old”

Those dispatchers are so racist... and ageist... and heightist.

“Be on the lookout for a Caucasian/Hispanic/Black male approx 6ft 2” stocky build, aged between 25 and 30 years old”

Those dispatchers are so racist... and ageist... and heightist.

That's not racist. Assuming someone is a foreigner because of tone of their skin is very much racist however.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

Chrongen wrote: »

I believe Phil Lynott had British Nationality.

Whats wrong with Nigel Farage ? hes a sound bloke.

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    That's not racist. Assuming someone is a foreigner because of tone of their skin is very much racist however.

That’s in reply to those complaining that the description of the gang included skin colour.

I’d call it ignorant in a lot of cases rather than racist myself. We are still relatively new to this multiculturalism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,068 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

he is a ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,967 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Dr Brown wrote:
    I believe Phil Lynott had British Nationality.

No he was Irish.

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    No he was Irish.
    Born in the UK but Irish mother and very much so considered self to be Irish and would view him as such.
    Whats wrong with Nigel Farage ? hes a sound bloke.

He's a racist pig. That's what is wrong with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,777 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Would Irish Nationals ever be shortened to Ir'ational. That'd be sweeeeeeeeeeet

How is Nigel Farage "racist" ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Bubbaclaus wrote: »

No not really ,

To assume they are Criminals because of their skin tone may be racist alright.

not everything is racist some things are just natural normal though processes

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Drop this please, it also has zero to do with Taxi drivers in Blanch unless Nigel has recently picked up a plate.

Describing migrants as swarms (A term used to describe a bunch of pesky insects) implies he considers them a subhuman species. Pretty sure he ended up having to save his own skin by giving an half arsed apology for that before.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

That’s in reply to those complaining that the description of the gang included skin colour.

I’d call it ignorant in a lot of cases rather than racist myself. We are still relatively new to this multiculturalism.

Dr Brown titled it the thread as "Non-Nationals attacking Taxi drivers in West Dublin."

I've no problem with them being called black teenagers, but he has just assumed that they're not Irish because they're black. That's a bit racist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

Anyone here from Tyrellstown ?

There are reports of Taxi drivers getting attacked by Non-Nationals in the area.

http://www.thejournal.ie/taxi-clonee-robbery-gang-3777282-Jan2018/

It's probably the UVF then so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement