Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-Nationals attacking Taxi drivers in West Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,557 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

wush06 wrote: »
    I never mentioned anything about non-nationals just what I read in the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭wush06

Should have just went with bunch of black scumbags straight from the start just so there was no confusion, same with the way we call the lads in the car crash on the N7 scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭beveragelady

A quick glance over the OP's posting history reveals a distinct trend...
    Doesn't have much time for 'non-nationals,' doesn't see why some might have a problem with the term 'non-national,' doesn't like marriage equality, thinks we're all too soft on refugees in general and Islam in particular.
    My suspicion is that the OP is suffering from CD (Chronological Displacement), a debilitating condition whereby those afflicted are forced to live in a century that is incompatible with their bigoted and narrow-minded worldview. The OP has nineteenth century ideals but must bravely soldier on in twenty-first century Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭wush06

Doesn't have much time for 'non-nationals,' doesn't see why some might have a problem with the term 'non-national,' doesn't like marriage equality, thinks we're all too soft on refugees in general and Islam in particular.
    My suspicion is that the OP is suffering from CD (Chronological Displacement), a debilitating condition whereby those afflicted are forced to live in a century that is incompatible with their bigoted and narrow-minded worldview. The OP has nineteenth century ideals but must bravely soldier on in twenty-first century Ireland.

You fail to mention which OP so please do tell who you are referring to.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

No such thing as a " non National"- everyone has a nationality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I wonder is it because they're black or from Dublin 15 that makes them scumbags /s

/s = sarcasm and satire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Oh joy, expect a thread every time a taxi gets robbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭beveragelady

wush06 wrote: »
    You fail to mention which OP so please do tell who you are referring to.

One of us isn't sure what OP stands for...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=What+does+op+stand+for+in+a+forum%3F

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

So edgy OP. That far-right, ethnonationalist, ultra-catholic political party will sweep to power any day now. Any day.

Keep up the good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

They're black scumbags. I couldn't give a fcuk about that though. They're just scumbags! We've plenty of white ones. Scumbags gonna scumbag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

RasTa wrote:

Nope. They seem to have to be non of nationals to warrant a thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Ongar/Hansfield area has always been a bit rough, some really decent families living there, but it’s known to be a bit of a trouble spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

There is a massive gang problem emerging in West Dublin (Yes, I know that could be deemed old news). I used to see massive gangs when I travelled out there regularly 4-5 years ago.

It started off with just general obnoxious behavior. Massive gangs of about 20-30 of them bunking busses at a time and the driver not bothering with the hassle. Then you'd hear of the same gangs getting involved in mass brawls, low level thefts etc. It seems to be elevating into muggings, drug dealing etc as they grow into their late teens-early 20s. These are the same gangs that were regularly causing trouble around Jervis Street shopping centre a few years ago.

We shouldn't underestimate Rap Culture, "Thug Life" and so on. British gang culture in particular is starting to emerge in West Dublin and out towards Tallaght. A lot of these guys have close relatives living in these London Ghettos.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭vg88

There is a massive gang problem emerging in West Dublin (Yes, I know that could be deemed old news). I used to see massive gangs when I travelled out there regularly 4-5 years ago.

It started off with just general obnoxious behavior. Massive gangs of about 20-30 of them bunking busses at a time and the driver not bothering with the hassle. Then you'd hear of the same gangs getting involved in mass brawls, low level thefts etc. It seems to be elevating into muggings, drug dealing etc as they grow into their late teens-early 20s. These are the same gangs that were regularly causing trouble around Jervis Street shopping centre a few years ago.

We shouldn't underestimate Rap Culture, "Thug Life" and so on. British gang culture in particular is starting to emerge in West Dublin and out towards Tallaght. A lot of these guys have close relatives living in these London Ghettos.

I use to think this was all BS and made up. But after seeing these gangs (of wannabe london ghetto) fighting in the city centre this year I 100% agree with your post.

People will laugh at you and call you whatever but there's a group of little sh*ts up there that go around with baseball bats and the likes and it's intimidating to the locals. This one was captioned ''Straight Outta Tyrellstown'' which is certainly an homage to rap culture.
    DOMIMyZWkAUM52w.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

We've been starved of things to blame foreigners for judging by the absolute mass ejaculation today on comment sections

We've been starved of things to blame foreigners for judging by the absolute mass ejaculation today on comment sections

They're not foreign. They're just scrotes. Also, that's your 10,000th post, congrats :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Ongar/Hansfield area has always been a bit rough, some really decent families living there, but it’s known to be a bit of a trouble spot.

me arse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

Sounds to me like the Op is living in the real world and has a grasp of reality. It would help if others got away from their laptops and TV and their parents house once in a while, travel to different places outside Europe and within and it might open their closed minds to the reality of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Madagascan

Omackeral wrote: »
    They're black scumbags. I couldn't give a fcuk about that though. They're just scumbags! We've plenty of white ones. Scumbags gonna scumbag.
    Yes they are Scumbags.
    Why import more?
    Your German masters command it that's why.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

RasTa wrote: »
    No no no, not at all. Not at all... only every time a taxi gets robbed by some who is non Irish, non white or both. Or if we don't know their nationality or skin colour, in which case we can just assume they are black and not Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Why do you only mention ttown when the article clearly also states Ongar and clonee?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Madagascan wrote: »
    Yes they are Scumbags.
    Why import more?
    Your German masters command it that's why.

How long have Germany been demanding we import Nigerian, Ghanaian etc People? Cos there's been scaremongering in the media for about 20 years now. These lads are 2nd generation, so they havnt come here in the last decade.

Thought they were forcing us to take in the likes of Syrians? Or are we moving goalposts to suit arguments cos these lads are too dark and too young to be Merkel kids?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,026 ✭✭✭Odhinn

How long have Germany been demanding we import Nigerian, Ghanaian etc People? Cos there's been scaremongering in the media for about 20 years now. These lads are 2nd generation, so they havnt come here in the last decade.

Thought they were forcing us to take in the likes of Syrians? Or are we moving goalposts to suit arguments cos these lads are too dark and too young to be Merkel kids?

You're one of them there thinkin types, ain't ye?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

Prediction: Acid used in robberies and score settling within the next few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Sure I live in a wonderful housing estate in Tallaght where the population demographic swings hugely in favor of a particular group of people.

Most of them are polite and respectable, but see thier bloody kids, we have had postmen, taxi drivers, delivery drivers all robbed by them. They are scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭testaccount123

This is the same hooliganism problem that has existed in various areas of Dublin since the eighteenth century. The colour of the perpetrators has nothing to do with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Omackeral wrote: »
    People will laugh at you and call you whatever but there's a group of little sh*ts up there that go around with baseball bats and the likes and it's intimidating to the locals. This one was captioned ''Straight Outta Tyrellstown'' which is certainly an homage to rap culture.

I was expecting that photo to be trotted out again. That must be years old and half them probably don't live there anymore.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

This is the same hooliganism problem that has existed in various areas of Dublin since the eighteenth century. The colour of the perpetrators has nothing to do with it.

100% agree. I grew up in Tallaght in the 80s, these lads are mild compared to some of my former neighbours.

At least we didn’t have gangs though, it’s tough to organise a gang when all the prospective members are on smack.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 StolenKrone

I'm against hooliganism but I like the idea of a gang of black people challenging the settled hooligans. Theres too many irish hooligans that get away with far worse these days. Also sick of hearing inner city accents from people that live in west dublin. Its not the liberties out there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement