Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-Nationals attacking Taxi drivers in West Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,210 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Hey lads, there's going to be a protest in front of Leinster House tomorrow. Some woman had her handbag stolen and the the Guards issued a description of the suspect as being over 6 foot tall and of medium build.
    Anyone over 6 foot tall and medium build who didn't perpetrate this crime needs to come along to protest at being unfairly placed under suspicion, causing them immense stress and putting their own, and their families, lives at risk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

Absolute lowlife scumbags. Our society would be better off without them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,868 ✭✭✭enricoh

Laneyh wrote: »
    There weren't too many taxi jackings recorded during the famine or 1916 either
    What has that got to do with anything?
    We don't know the nationality of the taxi drivers or the attackers

Jesus wept, is Ireland gone that pc now that it's an issue to some that the cops give the attackers description. What next if they say criminals had dublin/nordie etc accents that's discrimination? Pathetic

biko wrote: »
    They are though. Just a superficial layer of colour over a body that works pretty much the same in every car.

"If you think the right focus on the colour of someone's skin, ask the left..."

and the world is full of unicorns and rainbows as well :D

unfortunately, there are plenty of people, as this thread nicely demonstrates, that are hung up about the colour of people's skin and will use this to further their agenda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

The criminals in Ireland come in any colour or creed.

That being said, there is a gang problem emerging in Balbriggan and Swords. Dozens of teenagers walking about with nothing better to do being loud and obnoxious. Acting very intimidating too.

Twice in the past week alone I have witnessed two gang related incidents in Swords, right outside the Garda Station. First one involved a large white gang and a large black gang facing off. Second time was what was likely was when a black gang started cat calling a group of girls who couldn't have been more than 16 years of age and then proceeded to cross the street and follow them. The terror on their faces was real.

I don't really care what colour these gangs are, you get bad eggs in any community whether they be white or black. But if both communities already feel marginalised, its only going to get worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Lux23 wrote: »
    Would we be even discussing it here if they were white, Irish kids?
    Yes, but they would just be referred to as scumbags, knackers, etc etc
    As long a white Irish are the vast majority then there is only a need to point out when perp is not white Irish.
    For instance if they were white Scottish then we would point that out. Or Indians.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

biko wrote:
    Yes, but they would just be referred to as scumbags, knackers, etc etc As long a white Irish are the vast majority then there is only a need to point out when perp is not white Irish. For instance if they were white Scottish then we would point that out. Or Indians.

What? I've never seen anyone described as white Irish or white Scottish in my life!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,210 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

pilly wrote: »
    What? I've never seen anyone described as white Irish or white Scottish in my life!

That's because most normal people would assume the "White" part. Therefore it would be normal and necessary to be more explicit if that assumption was going to be incorrect

When an Egyptian went mental in Dundalk and murdered the poor Japanese fella, the news reports would not have to tell me that the suspect did not look like Taylor Swift.

This thread just gets more and more bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Elemonator wrote: »
    The criminals in Ireland come in any colour or creed.

That being said, there is a gang problem emerging in Balbriggan and Swords. Dozens of teenagers walking about with nothing better to do being loud and obnoxious. Acting very intimidating too.

Twice in the past week alone I have witnessed two gang related incidents in Swords, right outside the Garda Station. First one involved a large white gang and a large black gang facing off. Second time was what was likely was when a black gang started cat calling a group of girls who couldn't have been more than 16 years of age and then proceeded to cross the street and follow them. The terror on their faces was real.

I don't really care what colour these gangs are, you get bad eggs in any community whether they be white or black. But if both communities already feel marginalised, its only going to get worse.

Anywhere you'll find teenagers, you'll find hordes of them strolling around, being doses.

https://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?query=feral+teenagers

There's the same in Cavan town, young fellas with trackies on, tucked into white socks, at least one hand down their jocks, doing that bouncy walk or like they're carrying 2 pigs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭Hoboo

If two white guys in Nigeria robbed a taxi driver would police be looking for two guys? Or two white guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,065 ✭✭✭Odhinn

enricoh wrote: »
    Jesus wept, is Ireland gone that pc now that it's an issue to some that the cops give the attackers description. What next if they say criminals had dublin/nordie etc accents that's discrimination? Pathetic

It isn't an issue, and nobody said it was. You might read the thread from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Omackeral wrote: »
    People will laugh at you and call you whatever but there's a group of little sh*ts up there that go around with baseball bats and the likes and it's intimidating to the locals. This one was captioned ''Straight Outta Tyrellstown'' which is certainly an homage to rap culture.
    DOMIMyZWkAUM52w.jpg

I could find you hundreds of photos of guys from my old year posing exactly like that and going around in big groups tying to look like hard men they're from a south dublin private rugby school
    It sounds like Im bragging or something (I'm really really not I hated it there) but if the boys in that photo were all white you wouldn't think it was menacing/thuggy/rap gang or whatever

Hoboo wrote:
    If two white guys in Nigeria robbed a taxi driver would police be looking for two guys? Or two white guys?

Of course. But not too white Scottish people or white Irish.

Of course. But not too white Scottish people or white Irish.

Did someone mention black africans? We don't use colour of Irish or Scottish because the resounding majority of both nationalities are white. No more would Nigerian media/police say black Nigerian.

Hoboo wrote:
    Did someone mention black africans? We don't use colour of Irish or Scottish because the resounding majority of both nationalities are white. No more would Nigerian media/police say black Nigerian.

You're going off on one for no reason here. You obviously didn't read the post I was replying to.

In that post the poster was maintaining that people are described as white Scottish.

So get off your high horse there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

People will laugh at you and call you whatever but there's a group of little sh*ts up there that go around with baseball bats and the likes and it's intimidating to the locals. This one was captioned ''Straight Outta Tyrellstown'' which is certainly an homage to rap culture.
    DOMIMyZWkAUM52w.jpg

Absolute clowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    Absolute clowns.

Those lads "culturally enrich" the area.

You're going off on one for no reason here. You obviously didn't read the post I was replying to.

In that post the poster was maintaining that people are described as white Scottish.

So get off your high horse there.

Im neither going off on one or on a high horse, just a lack of tone, Im in a great mood today :D:D

Apologies, I misread/misunderstood your/their post.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

biko wrote: »
    Yes, but they would just be referred to as scumbags, knackers, etc etc
    As long a white Irish are the vast majority then there is only a need to point out when perp is not white Irish.
    For instance if they were white Scottish then we would point that out. Or Indians.

So you think the post title would read - "White, Scottish gang attacking Taxi Drivers"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,065 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Dr Brown wrote: »
    Those lads "culturally enrich" the area.

Yes, no agenda here.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Lux23 wrote: »
    So you think the post title would read - "White, Scottish gang attacking Taxi Drivers"?
    Not the white part as most Scots are white. However if there was a Scottish gang then it would be pointed out they are in fact Scots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

They seem to be having similar problems with Non-National gangs in Australia.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5234025/What-really-like-live-African-youth-gangs.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

wakka12 wrote: »
    DOMIMyZWkAUM52w.jpg

I could find you hundreds of photos of guys from my old year posing exactly like that and going around in big groups tying to look like hard men they're from a south dublin private rugby school
    It sounds like Im bragging or something (I'm really really not I hated it there) but if the boys in that photo were all white you wouldn't think it was menacing/thuggy/rap gang or whatever
    I have lived near these little scumbags. I wish people like you would take the word of people experiencing the anti social behaviour. Walking around with weapons. Attacking or intimidating people. Organising big fights. If you were in the area at Halloween it was like a war zone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

So... were the guys who did this non nationals or Irish? If non nationals, which country were they from?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

PucaMama wrote: »
    I have lived near these little scumbags. I wish people like you would take the word of people experiencing the anti social behaviour. Walking around with weapons. Attacking or intimidating people. Organising big fights. If you were in the area at Halloween it was like a war zone.

This picture is embarrassing. I spoke up years ago about the social problems that can arise from accepting large numbers of immigrants/asylum seekers in such a short time. Now we're seeing gangs in Tyrrellstown and Balbriggan causing problems. I'm not sure which is a bigger problem, the gangs themselves, or the likes of some blinkered people on this forum who are more interested in showing how non-racist they are, and who are quick to shout "racist" at others who highlight the problem. It's bad enough having our own feral gangs already without adding 2nd/3rd generation immigrant gangs on top of the problem. But to speak openly about the problem would be too "WAAAYCIST".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

PucaMama wrote: »

You continue on about your business and don’t let the gang of 20 odd young lads with knives and baseball bats worry you. Some guy from the leafy suburbs said they aren’t any different to the gangs of young Irish lads when he was growing up so it’s all fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

This picture is embarrassing. I spoke up years ago about the social problems that can arise from accepting large numbers of immigrants/asylum seekers in such a short time. Now we're seeing gangs in Tyrrellstown and Balbriggan causing problems. I'm not sure which is a bigger problem, the gangs themselves, or the likes of some blinkered people on this forum who are more interested in showing how non-racist they are, and who are quick to shout "racist" at others who highlight the problem. It's bad enough having our own feral gangs already without adding 2nd/3rd generation immigrant gangs on top of the problem. But to speak openly about the problem would be too "WAAAYCIST".

There is where the problem lies. There are too many pc cowards on the island these days who do not speak out because as you say they are afraid to be labelled racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭worded

Fordiner jumping up and down on a car roof giving it loads and a cop seeing this radios in for back up ....

At the police base his colleague advises ... you can’t say that, use the correct code over the police radio

So he says oh sorry eh .... “Zulu Tango Golf”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

wakka12 wrote: »
    It sounds like Im bragging or something (I'm really really not I hated it there)

I see and are these posh rugby boys going around wrecking the area and intimidating everyone? Bit of a difference if they're not. In fact, a world of difference.
    but if the boys in that photo were all white you wouldn't think it was menacing/thuggy/rap gang or whatever

First of all, don't tell me what I would or wouldn't think. Secondly, as I've said already, this isn't a race thing from my POV, I'm no racist at all. Scum is scum to me. Lastly, you're the one making assumptions based solely on colour in your post so.......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement