Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster v Ulster Build Up Thread

Comments

Ringrose will have a bit of ligament damage in his ankle, maybe a but of a strain in his knee but judging by the way he walked off we'll see him in 2 - 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭A-Train

Lovely hands again try Larmour

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Henshaws hands there awesome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,225 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

That's lovely work from all involved in that try.

McCarthy's break, Sexton's flat skip pass and Henshaw's soft hands for the offload.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,816 ✭✭✭✭bilston

I have to doff my cap to Leinster for that try.

I have to doff my cap to Leinster for that try.

Ulster have given up.

That alone reflects very poorly on both the coaches and players.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

A lot of 9/10 phase attacks going absolutely nowhere for Ulster tonight.

Leinster were MILES offside for that steal.

Once again Johnny McPhillips is having an impressive cameo. Very impressive actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Never thought Ulster had much of a chance of winning tonight, but this is probably a better result long term than a close loss. This will have sealed Kiss fate with the fans.

I really hope that's not Bowe going off again.

Edit: Looks like it, classy from the Leinster fans clapping Bowe off, incredibly popular player but sadly the body has given in.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Larmour motm

Stheno wrote: »
    Larmour motm

Deserving though it's hard to tell how impressive that is, Ulster have been awful.

Personally would've given motm to Fardy. Leinster have been dominant up front and given the backs an excellent platform to work from. Fardy's been the dominant forward today.

But Larmour is a good choice anyway. He's fearless in the way he plays, but makes good decisions on the ball. Knows when to pass or kick and when the chance to break is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Leinster impressive tonight, the hunger on and off the ball is brilliant. It’s momentum that delivers titles which Leo has to deliver this season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭irishfan9

mcphillips been decent

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I thought Henshaw had a good game too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Ouch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Class from Reid and Deegan

Ok.

That's just taking the piss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,723 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Superb from Deegan

Rodney Ah You can't do anything right!

unstructured attack...

Christ is that Ulsters worst ever loss to Leinster?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Well that was a hiding

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭A-Train

Great way to finish off, Sexton try

bilston wrote: »
    Rodney Ah You can't do anything right!

I thought he was ok tonight, carried well a couple of times. Set piece went fine throughout.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

There is a 2010-2012 ruthlessness about Leinster on both sides of the ball

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Sickener, backed Leinster to win by 21-30 points....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Tommy Bowe is in a sling. Gutted for him. He deserves so much better for what he has contributed to Irish Rugby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭swiwi_

awec wrote: »
    Fcuk off Les Kiss.

Your team has crap forwards. A coach made from a mixture of Schmidt, Jones, and Hansen would barely do any better imo.

Time to accept reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭baas baa

Robson called it right in the first half, Ulster are muck. But Leinster are building a serious side at the moment. Credit to Leocaster.

Nice to see Porter and Deegan start to show their full skillsets. Power and finesse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

There was one major positive for Ulster tonight:

Jordi Murphy was very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Larmour is beefy enough for a 20 year old back.

Bazzo wrote: »

I was thinking that earlier

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Your team has crap forwards. A coach made from a mixture of Schmidt, Jones, and Hansen would barely do any better imo.

Time to accept reality.

Regardless of the realities of the situation, the losses to Connacht and Leinster and the manner in which they happened coupled with that first half performance against Munster is going to be too much for fans to stomach. He's almost certainly done if Ulster fail to make the last 8 in Europe.

All that said however...

Telling someone to 'fcuk off' is much more personal and hate filled than Les Kiss deserves. It's actually quite sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭swiwi_

I’m struggling to think of a single Leinster player in that game who was a bit meh. From 1 to 23 that was really very good. You get the impression Leinster A and Leinster B would play out the Pro 14 final if 2 teams were allowed.

It’s (very) rare that I get a bit jealous about other countries outside back prospects but Jordan Larmour is the Jordie Barrett of Irish rugby. He is like Christian Cullen or Joe Rococoko at the start of their careers. Mesmerising footwork combined with pace.

Also, JGP was actually pretty decent tonight. But I’m thinking he is making way for James Lowe as Fardy is undroppable.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Also, JGP was actually pretty decent tonight. But I’m thinking he is making way for James Lowe as Fardy is undroppable.

I think Lowe will have next week off, actually. McFadden, Larmour and Daly all looking comfortable along with RK and Nacewa. Lowe looks great but if they were going to drop JGP they wouldn't have left McCarthy on the bench until very late and the game was long won.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Bazzo wrote: »

This might have nothing to do with it. (Greg Jones is quite slight), but the St Andrews SCT coach, David Jones is obsessed with S&C. Porter came through that programme.

• Advertisement

errlloyd wrote: »
    This might have nothing to do with it. (Greg Jones is quite slight), but the St Andrews SCT coach, David Jones is obsessed with S&C. Porter came through that programme.

What age is Porter? He looks like a monster

What age is Porter? He looks like a monstet

21, almost 22

21, almost 22

Good god

• Registered Users Posts: 3,706 ✭✭✭clsmooth

21, almost 22

He’ll be some size when he fills out :eek:

porter was bigger at u20 level.. they had to slim him down for conditioning etc.

irishfan9 wrote: »
    porter was bigger at u20 level.. they had to slim him down for conditioning etc.

Seriously?

He reminded me of Healy earlier

He's leaned down quite a bit from u20 believe it or not. Supposed to be an absolute monster in the gym, a few of the senior players have spoken about it in interviews

Seriously?

He reminded me of Healy earlier

yeah.. leaned up since u20

irishfan9 wrote: »
    yeah.. not as atheltic back then

Makes sens e when I said he reminded me of Healy it was the leaner Healy who just barrelled through people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

errlloyd wrote: »

Larmour was beefy enough a year and a half ago the first time I saw him so you might be right

Advertisement