Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk Thread III: Les Miserables SEE MOD WARNING POST #1924 + #2755

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,755 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Big missed opportunity by Kernohan!

And another big chance gone...this time McCloskey

0-0 after 35 minutes

A Mid Six Nations Pro 14 classic

Hmmmm

Can I have my Friday night back.

Henderson isn't exactly pushing himself out there when he is on the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭baas baa

Eric O'Sullivan is a very impressive player, there were several instances where he was the one leading the Ulster defences linespeed. Can see him climbing the Irish pecking order very quickly.

• Advertisement

baas baa wrote: »
    Eric O'Sullivan is a very impressive player, there were several instances where he was the one leading the Ulster defences linespeed. Can see him climbing the Irish pecking order very quickly.

O'Sullivan was excellent in the first half. Ulster's best player.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

bilston wrote: »
    Hmmmm

Can I have my Friday night back.

Henderson isn't exactly pushing himself out there when he is on the ball.

I haven't got Eir in my girlfriend's house.

Is he pulling a Kearney?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

This has been hard to watch. The Ospreys are absolutely awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

A boy Cooney, once a Connacht man always a Connacht man. Denying Ospreys the LBP much appreciated our west

• Registered Users Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭jacothelad

I'd fear for Lowry's well being. Too small at this level.

• Advertisement

jacothelad wrote: »

I intend to use this post against you in the years to come Jaco. The Inst man will do fine.

I intend to use this post against you in the years to come Jaco. The Inst man will do fine.

That's where the problem lies. Much better school dinners in the Methody refectories.....:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭launish116

baas baa wrote: »

O'Sullivan was excellent in the first half. Ulster's best player.

O'Sullivan and Moore had very good games. Think Dan said once in interview that O'Sullivan used to be a back row and has an engine still to match.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭blackdog1

jacothelad wrote:

He needs to bulk up and I think he'll be fine. Jackson is about the same size but Lowry is still very slight. Refreshing to see an ulster 10 take it so close to the line. He's definitely one to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

blackdog1 wrote: »
    He needs to bulk up and I think he'll be fine. Jackson is about the same size but Lowry is still very slight. Refreshing to see an ulster 10 take it so close to the line. He's definitely one to watch.

He needs to learn how to tackle and not just be a speed bump using his head as first point of contact.

Burkie1203 wrote: »

He needs to learn how to tackle and not just be a speed bump using his head as first point of contact.

Rugby's gone soft.

Back in my day we used our heads to hook the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

That feels like the kind of game Ulster would lose in the last year or two. Very good result.

Burkie1203 wrote: »

Tbf he has a great technique and has shown that. Just bad positioning for that one, there was always going to be one winner. Saying that Nelson also got flattened.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,182 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Can someone provide a brief overview of who went well and who didn't? Have game recorded but don't have the stomach to watch an 8-0 cracker.

Buer wrote: »
    Can someone provide a brief overview of who went well and who didn't? Have game recorded but don't have the stomach to watch an 8-0 cracker.

Tbf defence was very good! Very well organised and scramble defence.

Hard to fault anyone overly, try was a penalty try after great break by McCkoskey.

I'd watch the game purely to see Lowry, very good start at 10 for the wee man. Backline seemed to flow well, just missing the finishing edge.

Subs added impact with treadwell flattening folk and Warwick making a potential try saving turnover.

• Advertisement

Buer wrote: »

Hard to fault anyone overly, try was a penalty try after great break by McCkoskey.

I'd watch the game purely to see Lowry, very good start at 10 for the wee man. Backline seemed to flow well, just missing the finishing edge.

Subs added impact with treadwell flattening folk and Warwick making a potential try saving turnover.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

launish116 wrote: »

The try wasn’t a penalty try. It was awarded to McCloskey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭blackdog1

Thing about lowry is hes got such good feet , its hard for the defence to rush up and hammer him like they do to sexton. He can also make outside defenders turn their shoulders in giving outside runners better chance to punch holes. If he stays injury free and develops his kicking game he could be very good indeed. He looked better than sam davies last night, and he has over 50 starts for the Ospreys.

Thing about lowry is hes got such good feet , its hard for the defence to rush up and hammer him like they do to sexton. He can also make outside defenders turn their shoulders in giving outside runners better chance to punch holes. If he stays injury free and develops his kicking game he could be very good indeed. He looked better than sam davies last night, and he has over 50 starts for the Ospreys.

As I said during the game he plays flat, contrast that Paddy Jackson at 20.

His kicking game needs work, although that is usually the case with most young 10s. It was a good start for him, and if he had had the luxury of having Addison and Stockdale in the backline it could have been an ever better night for him.

Just on another point I thought Ludik and Nelson played well last night, and I was happy for Nelson who does cop a bit of stick, however I don't get why Kernohan started ahead of Lyttle. It's hard to imagine Lyttle messing up that try scoring opportunity in the first half.

molloyjh wrote: »

The try wasn’t a penalty try. It was awarded to McCloskey.

Did wonder that, i thought it had been given for ospreys offside. Didnt realise McCloskey had been given it. Saying that wondered why kick was at side.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Did wonder that, i thought it had been given for ospreys offside. Didnt realise McCloskey had been given it. Saying that wondered why kick was at side.

There aren’t conversions for PTs any more. It’s an automatic 7 points. It should have been a PT though. Awarding the score in the corner basically ensured it was a 5 pointer rather than a 7 pointer. That could have been a big issue had Ospreys been able to score anything. Thankfully they couldn’t.

They obviously thought they had bonus point in the bqmag, how many penalities did they turn down?

Not a penalty try but should have been.

That's the game in the bag so.

Tomorrow sees Racing host Toulouse in the Top14. Neither have their full squads but it'll be an interesting preview of the quarter final which we all want to be a Toulouse victory.

• Advertisement

Wrong thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement