Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

181 reg cars...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Michael Tynan Kia had a post on their Facebook page showing a woman collecting her new sportage. It said she came up from (west iirc) cork to collect it. No explanation as to why but would you be bothered going to the opposite side of the country to buy a new car? I'd have thought some closer dealer would match or come close enough to get the sale ( unless there's a completely different reason for her buying the car there).

I've travelled for 2nd hand cars but new id be staying local seeing as it's the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

MarkN wrote: »
    Enjoy, it’s a lovely feeling picking up a new car.

I'd only ever buy new cars if I could afford to . Can't beat a seat that you know no one else has farted in or spilled crap on and a car you can be certain hasn't been abused.

Plus, shiny :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Michael Tynan Kia had a post on their Facebook page showing a woman collecting her new sportage. It said she came up from (west iirc) cork to collect it. No explanation as to why but would you be bothered going to the opposite side of the country to buy a new car? I'd have thought some closer dealer would match or come close enough to get the sale ( unless there's a completely different reason for her buying the car there).

I've travelled for 2nd hand cars but new id be staying local seeing as it's the same thing.

You’d be amazed at what you’d save on a new car by making a few phone calls. Sometimes the local guy will match the best price especially if you’re a long time customer but often they’ll tell you to take a hike.

Could be other reasons too, e.g. originally from that part of the country, knows the particular salesman, etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Have seen a good few people come in to price a new car but they get a better deal from another dealer

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Anytime I realise a new car is best option, I find a few dealers have little interest in me when they know I am pricing around. Also realised mudflaps, mats etc aren't free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Yep, if there's a trade in involved, it's the salesman that makes the mistake that gets the deal.

TheDriver wrote: »
    Anytime I realise a new car is best option, I find a few dealers have little interest in me when they know I am pricing around. Also realised mudflaps, mats etc aren't free

You'd have to charge for mudflaps,mats etc. They are too expensive to give free with a car

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

bs2014 wrote: »
    Can't believe only dialing into this now

On Jan 2nd; Seen a 181d Leon bought in the garage in monaghan (SEAT hardly pre regin D cars on Day 1!)
    On Jan 3rd in the morning, seen a 181 KY CHR driving through Monaghan, seemed to be bought in a cork or kerry garage, somebody must have literally grabbed the keys and went on a country wide road trip!!!

probably the case that the owner lives in Kerry but bought locally to you. Your reg letter is determined by your residence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Got the flaps, winter mats and boot matt free on the last few cars tbh, only exception to flaps was a Leon where the flaps were 200 notes but got them half price.

Mudflaps are for tractors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

If they're free, you have paid for them elsewhere in the deal. Most mudflaps are so small and fitted, they're not worth a fiddlers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭micks_address

Got the flaps, winter mats and boot matt free on the last few cars tbh, only exception to flaps was a Leon where the flaps were 200 notes but got them half price.

Last deal I did got mats, mud flaps, door sills protectors and boot tray thrown in.. Was meant to be footwell lights to but they forgot to add them to the order..steel pedal covers to

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Mudflaps are for tractors.

Unless you use bad country roads. I do and they’ve saved a shedload of chips. Not a fan of them but I’d prefer them to respraying doors to be honest. Herself lost two on her yoke and there’s already chunks gone from the paint from the crap roads on the side they went on.

Last few cars I had them on were fine, the ones without showed chips low down.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭micks_address

Unless you use bad country roads. I do and they’ve saved a shedload of chips. Not a fan of them but I’d prefer them to respecting doors to be honest. Herself lost two on her yoke and there’s already chunks gone from the paint from the crap roads on the side they went on.

I notice an awful lot less contaminants on the doors and side panels when claying the car with mud flaps fitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭bs2014

Unless you use bad country roads. I do and they’ve saved a shedload of chips. Not a fan of them but I’d prefer them to respraying doors to be honest. Herself lost two on her yoke and there’s already chunks gone from the paint from the crap roads on the side they went on.

Last few cars I had them on were fine, the ones without showed chips low down.

If you get neat manufacturer mudflaps they are definitely worth it. I used to drive company cars and after an hour of driving on the motorway each time, the mirrors would be too dirty to see out. Not having mudflaps would do my head in constantly getting water to rinse the wing mirrors. That or else people don't use them!

I notice an awful lot less contaminants on the doors and side panels when claying the car with mud flaps fitted.

Cant say I have noticed less tar but they definitely stop paint damage. Blue VRS I had I went without on the back and the chips because of the rear overhang needed a reapray. Flaps on and I never had a problem.

Hate the look of the things but the amount of debris on my road to work is hard to avoid and I see their value.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Spotted a 181 kk Tucson and a 181 W Audi A1 both in Kilkenny today. Tucson was in navy and looked nice as I’m used to seeing it in white.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,144 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Seen some 181 registered BMWs being advertised by BMW dealers on youtube. Orders must be dire if they are pre reging cars in early January.

bazz26 wrote: »
    Seen some 181 registered BMWs being advertised by BMW dealers on youtube. Orders must be dire if they are pre reging cars in early January.

We have a good few pre regs done already. You'd want a few 181's in the forecourt

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Bren_C

Just got a mail to say my 181 is on the boat and coming this weekend and I can collect it next week. I’m chuffed and I’ll post pics then (v90 r design)

• Advertisement

EPAndlee wrote: »
    We have a good few pre regs done already. You'd want a few 181's in the forecourt

€50k plus cars?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,296 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

EPAndlee wrote: »

If I was spending €50k on a "new" car I would want to spec the hole off it to my own choices. I suppose if initial spec is high a neutral black/silver colour will sell to someone.

If I was spending €50k on a "new" car I would want to spec the hole off it to my own choices. I suppose if initial spec is high a neutral black/silver colour will sell to someone.

We have a good few customers that want us to pre register the car then they'll buy it just for the sake of saving a few pound. As far as I know a company doesn't get paid for the car until it's registered so BMW could be pushing dealers to register cars. Renault basically count all registered cars as sold, they don't care if it sits in the forecourt for a year once it's registered

• Registered Users Posts: 21,473 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

181 MH Dacia Sandero was the first one I've seen. Just down the road from me.
    Owner parked it on the verge outside the house rather than in his drive, presumably to show the neighbours (We're all a bunch of nosey crows around here anyway so no need!)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Met a 181 Skoda Octavia in wine this morning outside Phoenix Park, not the colour i'd choose but each to their own!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

I thought the T-Rok was the Tiguan replacement?

I thought the R-Roc was just a new soft roader marketed to be sporty.

The Scirocco was quietly discontinued in the last 6 months. Small coupe's are out of fashion now - or at least the manufacturers have generally lost interest in them. The T-Roc kinda plugs that gap (but in a very different way obviously). It's even built in the same plant as the Scirocco was afaik.

The T-Roc is smaller than the Tiguan and sits in between the bigger Tiguan and upcoming smaller T-Cross which is Polo based.

I saw a 181 G BMW 520d i think pulling out of the BMW garage on the Tuam Road in Galway this morning - the first 181 I noticed.
    It was so new that the driver hadn't figured out where the indicators were yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

I saw a 181 G BMW 520d i think pulling out of the BMW garage on the Tuam Road in Galway this morning - the first 181 I noticed.
    It was so new that the driver hadn't figured out where the indicators were yet.

Not sure they ever will...

Advertisement