Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

181 reg cars...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

orm0nd wrote: »
    in fairness most people that drive pajero's (cough cough) aren't too worried about
    appearances :rolleyes:

There far from a bad looking jeep tbh. I would almost commend Mitsubishi for having the balls to use the same appearance for so long and still make sales.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

R.O.R wrote: »
    ST Line 120ps is now the entry level Focus Model

Ecoboost 1.0 petrol with 125bhp is marginally cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,642 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

People always get really hung up on that model Pajero still being around, yet don't say a tap about the defender, Mercedes g wagon, land cruiser 80 series and a host of others.

4x4s keep model shapes a lot longer sometimes. I was looking at one in 2015 and was concerned but informed that theres no redesign even on the table. It'll be 2020 before a whole new model shows up.

Jeep Wrangler is another and its the most modern of that lot now and there is a new G Class and Defender on the way.

If you ask me I think the Pajero as an ageless design at the moment and most of them will still be going in 10 to 20 years time when lots of other modern cars will have been scrapped.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

R.O.R wrote: »
    ST Line 120ps is now the entry level Focus Model

Ecoboost 1.0 petrol with 125bhp is marginally cheaper.
    That 181LS2 Focus is in Ruby Red which is a 950 euro option opposed to 500/750 for the rest.

Anyone think the ST Line Red and ST Line Black Focus looks a bit naff with the red roof and door mirrors while the rest of the car is Black, and vice versa on the ST Line Red
    irl00lyyhseries2lm.jpg
    focus-red-black.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭JoeA3

The black roof on the red looks ok, but the black with the red trim is shocking imo!

A brand new BMW 5 series was the only 181 I saw today on a brief venture outdoors....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

There far from a bad looking jeep tbh. I would almost commend Mitsubishi for having the balls to use the same appearance for so long and still make sales.

They don't really.

spyderski wrote: »
    They must now be the longest unchanged vehicle in production? Mate of mine has a '00 one, and bar a bit of chrome on the grille, it's indistinguishable from the ones above! I suppose Land Cruiser is not far behind too. I don't know how people live with paying for a new car that's based on decades old technology.

The land cruiser has gone through 3 model changes since that pajaro came out. I think it is more than just the grill that has changed though from when that pajaro was launched. The interior has changed too even though it has the same interior now with the last 10 years and I think the engine is different too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

What happened?181 LS 2!!!

feel kinda disappointed :-)

Poor fella must of slept in..

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    The land cruiser has gone through 3 model changes since that pajaro came out. I think it is more than just the grill that has changed though from when that pajaro was launched. The interior has changed too even though it has the same interior now with the last 10 years and I think the engine is different too.

2016MY to 2017MY the co2 figure went up aswell, undoing their own emissions scandal id imagine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

181-C-126 in Churchfield,Cork.

A Mercedes Benz.

Was driving the truck so couldn’t get a photo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,642 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Seen two 181 cars today. A silver Skoda Superb 181-OY-3 and a white Renault Megane Grand Coupe 181-OY-5.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

I was still there when owner came to pick it up.

So he left his 08 one and took that 181 one.

So there was still another 181 and 08 side by side. They are pretty much identical, just a bit off change in front bumper and different alloys. I guess owner loves this model. More power to him.

What money are they new? They still come in 5 seater commercial?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

I haven't seen one 181 yet except of what we sell. The first set of plates I made yesterday ended with 85 and that was around 2 o'clock. This evening the number was up to 242

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

EPAndlee wrote: »
    I haven't seen one 181 yet except of what we sell. The first set of plates I made yesterday ended with 85 and that was around 2 o'clock. This evening the number was up to 242
    County?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Saw a black 181-D 1series this evening - number was 8XX

• Registered Users Posts: 81,297 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

One from Twitter, the Lord Mayor Of Cork...

DSiTymqXcAA4C9Y.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

One from Twitter, the Lord Mayor Of Cork...

Mondeo Vignale by the looks of it?

JohnBoy26 wrote:
    They don't really.

Main Mitsubishi Dealer near me still sells them in strong numbers. Was 5 181s outside the showroom yesterday morning ready for off!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,485 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Friend dropping my daughter back from play date has a 181 Kuga Titanium.
    Real beaut of a motor and I’m so glad they went for the titanium, so many people buy paddy spec it annoys me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Trebor176

I saw photo of a good lineup of '181 Mercs outside Michael Moore Motors awaiting collection. They were mostly G or CE registered, but the digits were blanked out on each plate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Trebor176

• Registered Users Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭Goose81

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

Trebor176 wrote: »

Is that an official Mercedes claim for that engine, I wonder? Backed by a million km warranty? If so - wow!

27cc21d98e2895e94983f8b0ca7b3eab.png

Main Mitsubishi Dealer near me still sells them in strong numbers. Was 5 181s outside the showroom yesterday morning ready for off!

They are not a good seller is general though in this country. You don't see many pajaro's on the road when traveling the country. The land cruiser is much, much more common.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

spyderski wrote: »
    They must now be the longest unchanged vehicle in production? Mate of mine has a '00 one, and bar a bit of chrome on the grille, it's indistinguishable from the ones above! I suppose Land Cruiser is not far behind too. I don't know how people live with paying for a new car that's based on decades old technology.

The current model is pretty old alright but it is a decent update on the old one.
    What would you rather people buy who need a decent 4x4? A Sante Fe?

Effects wrote: »
    The current model is pretty old alright but it is a decent update on the old one.
    What would you rather people buy who need a decent 4x4? A Sante Fe?

A landcruiser. They are miles ahead of the pajaro. Those pajaro's are soft.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Lexus galwayIMAG2888_zpsouxb8htf.jpg

JohnBoy26 wrote:
    They are not a good seller is general though in this country. You don't see many pajaro's on the road when traveling the country. The land cruiser is much, much more common.

Oh ya the landcruiser is a lot more common, but wherever there is a main dealer, that brand tends to be strong in the area. Around me the Pajero/Landcruiser divide is about 50/50, still a nice few 90s pajeros around, ours included!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    A landcruiser. They are miles ahead of the pajaro. Those pajaro's are soft.

The poster had a go at the Landcruiser as well, that's why I didn't mention it as an alternative!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Craazysteve

Spotted a white Qashqai with a 181 D plate driving towards me this morning, first I've seen.

Advertisement