Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you a people person?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭TL17

Foxhound38 wrote:
    I am because my job requires me to be, but it doesn't come "naturally" to me really really. In fact, often when I'm done with work I need some time to just be on my own and not talk to people after a full day of yapping because it makes my brain tired.

That describes me to a T. Love time on my own at end of day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Me, I'm good with my own circle of friends or even if someone new comes into the group.

Not really into small talk from random people though, I'll play along for a few minutes just for the sake of being friendly but if I can get out of there and get onto the next activity I'm out of there like a flash.

When you're working in a people filled environment like retail or something if you're not exactly a people person you have to put on this act for the customers like you're really sound, when all you'd want to do is take off your shoe and bate them with it if they ask for some annoying item that's not in stock and you have to look in the back or whatever out of politeness. I worked in Dunnes Stores for 2 years, many a tit of a customer used to bug the f**k out of me. Worked in a nightclub and hotel when I was 18 too, unreasonable drunk obnoxious guests that won't call it a night at 4am at the residents bar, wouldn't even throw me an aul tip for listening to their shyte all night!

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭_Roz_

I'm an introvert and on top of that, find the average person exasperating. So no, not a people person. I can handle myself well enough in a social situation involving 1-2 other people, but more than that and I will stand there like a weirdo looking back and forth between whoever is talking. I'm also amiable at work and in shops etc where interactions with others are inevitable, and so, may as well be as pleasant as possible. But I avoid the work kitchen because I can't cope with the groups of people. Am quite happy, even relieved, when the majority of a day is spent by myself or with my partner (he doesn't count, he's special).

Advertisement