Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nvidia Shield - Tips & tricks [Read post #1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

banie01 wrote: »
    I use the enigma2 plugin to stream my channels within Kodi with EPG.

Yeah I tried that too but Dream player adds a bouquet to live channels on Android TV (premium only) so I have added my favourites bouquet with a selection of Saorview and the Freesat channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

This arrived today , and I am blown away , it's so sleek and responsive. Anyone any tips regarding bkuettoh controllers? Tried to pair a PS4 controller and a knock off switch pro controller they both came up and paired . But when moving any of the buttons it was unresponsive any tip for this ?

When I plugged them in via the wired connection they worked fine ?

Just handy to have to wireless , using the Nvidia shield pro 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭BandMember

ronoc wrote: »
    My 2019 Pro just landed and I am just in the process of setting it up. Brilliant device.
    This arrived today , and I am blown away , it's so sleek and responsive.

Do either of you mind if I ask where you are purchasing from and what the delivery time is like? I would presume that the price is pretty similar across the board?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,607 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

BandMember wrote: »
    Do either of you mind if I ask where you are purchasing from and what the delivery time is like? I would presume that the price is pretty similar across the board?

Mine was bought in best buy Canada for €204 - obviously tax has to be paid when you bring it in to Ireland, otherwise that'd be breaking the law.

Bought mine via Amazon.co.uk 199 pounds so around 230 euro.

Looked at it as an investment in my entertainment center:P

• Advertisement

Got mine on amazon via prime. I'm not sure what delivery time would be like now so close to xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Nvidia site doesnt seem to deliver to ireland. Anyone know any other partner sites that do?

Nvidia site doesnt seem to deliver to ireland. Anyone know any other partner sites that do?

Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Back when I got my shield you could sideload stuff easy enough, but they seem to have it locked down pretty good now (according to some of my mates who've recently got them)

Example, I've downloader on mine where I can easily enough put in URLs for apks, apparently downloader has been locked down now (the newer version on the shields play store) and I've Aptoide etc.

What's the fastest and easiest way people go about it now? When I say go about it, I mean to about getting the one magic app on there so people can sideload away?

Back when I got my shield you could sideload stuff easy enough, but they seem to have it locked down pretty good now (according to some of my mates who've recently got them)

Example, I've downloader on mine where I can easily enough put in URLs for apks, apparently downloader has been locked down now (the newer version on the shields play store) and I've Aptoide etc.

What's the fastest and easiest way people go about it now? When I say go about it, I mean to about getting the one magic app on there so people can sideload away?

There are many ways to sideload. I use a network share folder on my Nas that's mapped on the Shield. Just download the apk, add it to this shared directory then run the APK on the Shield. It's a bit of work but I use the shared directory for other things, I have 30k retro games on there for RetroX

• Advertisement

Have to say a few days in and the Shield has been a bit of a pain so far, particularly regarding sound.

Yesterday I initially couldn't get the sound to sync properly on plex, went back to watching on my actual in built android TV. When I went back to the shield it had no sound at all, and nothing fixed it until I eventually just factory reset the device. :(

Amazon

none of the suppliers on amazon deliver to ireland. wouldn't use parcelmotel ever, ever again.

none of the suppliers on amazon deliver to ireland. wouldn't use parcelmotel ever, ever again.

Amazon's warehouse is out of stock of them. There were like 20 left when I ordered last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

ronoc wrote: »
    Amazon's warehouse is out of stock of them. There were like 20 left when I ordered last week.

Some of the official partners from NVidia UK ship to Ireland as far as I remember. Scan do and it's the same price.

You also have Parcel wizard or Address Pal

Easiest way is to install X-plore File Manager

It opens up lots of ways of getting APKs onto your device,

This arrived today , and I am blown away , it's so sleek and responsive. Anyone any tips regarding bkuettoh controllers? Tried to pair a PS4 controller and a knock off switch pro controller they both came up and paired . But when moving any of the buttons it was unresponsive any tip for this ?

When I plugged them in via the wired connection they worked fine ?

Just handy to have to wireless , using the Nvidia shield pro 2019

Anyone any solution for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭BandMember

bazzz wrote: »
    Some of the official partners from NVidia UK ship to Ireland as far as I remember. Scan do and it's the same price.

It's £199 on Scan and £211 on Amazon at the moment! Anyone ever buy direct from Scan or have any experience with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

It's £199 on Scan and £211 on Amazon at the moment! Anyone ever buy direct from Scan or have any experience with them?

Scan are good, I have bought lots of computer parts off them in the past, 100% legit, good customer service, track and trace etc.

Bought from Scan earlier, went on to PriceSpy UK and saw them and another ebuy https://www.ebuyer.com/914652-nvidia-shield-tv-pro-2019-945-12897-2505-101?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=pricespy&utm_campaign=pcomp

Same price, both have good reviews. Just went with scan for no specific reason, came to £212 in total with tracked DPD delivery, says it will be with me before Xmas but who knows, it’s not a present so doesn’t really matter. Ordered at 11:30am and it says it’s picked and dispatched on the tracker with scan which seems quite good.

• Advertisement

I bought one of the 2019 Pro's on release and had no hassle.

Bought from Scan earlier, went on to PriceSpy UK and saw them and another ebuy https://www.ebuyer.com/914652-nvidia-shield-tv-pro-2019-945-12897-2505-101?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=pricespy&utm_campaign=pcomp

Same price, both have good reviews. Just went with scan for no specific reason, came to £212 in total with tracked DPD delivery, says it will be with me before Xmas but who knows, it’s not a present so doesn’t really matter. Ordered at 11:30am and it says it’s picked and dispatched on the tracker with scan which seems quite good.

Ebuyer won't ship to Ireland. You'd have to use AddressPal or PArcel Motel or similar services.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭SierraTango

I ordered off the Nvidia site with address pal, picked up in the post office. No issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

Anyone know how to sideload uTorrent?. I have used the TV App Repo for other apps but always says "build failed" for uTorrent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,585 ✭✭✭Inviere

Are these out of stock across the board? Can't see them retailing anywhere... (Pro model)

Can someone explain to me like I'm 5 how I get content from my pc, over my network, to the external storage attached to the shield?

I have the nvidia shield mapped in Windows. I can see it and navigate etc. But it seems to be read only.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Quickest way would be to plug the USB drive into your PC, copy the content then move it back.

errlloyd wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me like I'm 5 how I get content from my pc, over my network, to the external storage attached to the shield?

I have the nvidia shield mapped in Windows. I can see it and navigate etc. But it seems to be read only.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddd8UDsZowo

Inviere wrote: »
    Are these out of stock across the board? Can't see them retailing anywhere... (Pro model)

seems to be. got one from scan before xmas and they were the only one delivering to Ireland but they are out of stock now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Anyone have issues with VPNs disconnecting on the Shield? I use both Windscribe and Keepsolid VPN Unlimited on my tube Shield, and both disconnect regularly. sometimes its better than others, other times it could disconnect every couple of minutes. Very frustrating.
    I use both services on other devices, Android phone, iPad, Win10 laptop etc. and never have any disconnection issue on any device other than the Shield. Any pointers on a reason this may be happening or some setting which may be causing this?

Advertisement