Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burglary after Burglary-Modern Ireland

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,781 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

It's hardly Somalia, but the system is clearly not functioning and unlikely to change because, like the housing crisis or hospital waiting lists, it does not affect the better off.

So lip service and govt propaganda 'we're doing our best' press releases are about all we can expect.

I think people need to live abroad a bit more... Put things into perspective. Yes, Ireland definitely has issues with its justice system... but it's hardly comparable to many other countries with a lot more violent crime to contend with. Ireland is still a much safer place to live than most other countries I've lived in...

I will admit that I do see that changing unless the government gets a grip and starts implementing a better system now rather than waiting for after all the problems arrive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭hurler32

Good to see a burglar from Dublin caught in West Cork robbing a woman in her eighties last night ... lucky her family came on the scene ... only for that she'd be another statistic ...
    The midlands and Offaly in particular seem to be getting an awful doing ...
    Hopefully the gardai in Limerick will catch those who burgled and killed that woman last weekend ...

Advertisement