Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 how was it for you?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

got married, got promoted, moved house and found out who my real friends are.

Top year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭The Young Wan

Good things: new job, new friends, passed driving test

Bad thing: my Mam got cancer.

evil_seed wrote: »
    got married, got promoted, moved house and found out who my real friends are.

Top year!

Ah yes. Real friends. I've been finding that out too. Nothing has happened to shine a negative light on anyone but what I thought would be a lasting friendship with depth didn't turn out that way. The odd text now and then but no real effort to meet up and I'm done being the one doing the asking.

Two old friendships from years ago also seem to be fizzling out. Again nothing has happened more a slow growing lack of interest from them. That's the way of life though. People change and not everyone will last the distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Dr.Sanchez wrote: »
    I am in this situation myself, and strongly considering packing in work for a month or two to 'recover'. I'm just worried about paying the loans, etc. if I do...

I went to my doctor, told him the story and he signed me off on sick leave for as long as I needed it. I was paid sick leave ( make sure to send in your forms etc, the doctors receptionist can explain it all to you, they deal with it daily).

if you feel you need to do it, just do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

Ah yes. Real friends. I've been finding that out too. Nothing has happened to shine a negative light on anyone but what I thought would be a lasting friendship with depth didn't turn out that way. The odd text now and then but no real effort to meet up and I'm done being the one doing the asking.

I've had much the same experience.

I started the year oblivious to my foes, many of who I saw as friends at the time. One of my real friends had made me increasingly aware of their stance against me, and I'm glad he did. Those old "friends" are just not worth hanging out with.

I have around 80 "friends" on Facebook, but that number really amounts to just 5-10. It does not help that I live in a kip. In fact, I barely even use it anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Was a so-so year I'd say, like most of them have been recently. Ready for a top year now with some proper changes and progressions. Once I get passed these january blues...

Good things: Got promoted, saved a fair bit of money, lots of work travel and a really wonderful Christmas with family and friends
    Bad things: Broke up with the ex, which pretty much trumped everything else moderately crap that happened.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Fairly good overall, finally got to run the London marathon in April after years of trying to get in, got to see my son turn from a baby into a cheeky monkey ball of energy toddler (he's 21 months now) and made his sibling (I'm 34 weeks with another little boy, due mid February). No major negatives and certainly nothing that would have required me to jump on a plane back home quickly. Got to go to 6 sessions at the World Athletics Championships in London in August too and that was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭_Roz_

I had a good year. I should probably say a great year, to be fair to it, but as usual I'm too good at repressing unpleasant things as soon as they're past to really appreciate what I have. It started off on a crap note, but improved quite rapidly.

Good things: Finally got meds for my anxiety. Met my partner (and dog). Moved in with them (and thus got out of terrible house). Completed a course which was the most fun educational thing I've done in years. Saved enough to pay for said course, and to begin masters, which I applied for and got. Job contract extended, then extended again.
    Bad things: January. Moved into a terrible house due to needing *somewhere*. Living with after effects of minor breakdown in 2016. My mother's financial situation remains desperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

branie2 wrote: »
    It was great, thanks very much

Until I came down with cellulitis three weeks ago :-(

Advertisement