Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's the most wonderful time of the year. I'm here.

Options

Comments

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Ooh.

Permabear vs. AVB in a Trade-Off Match.

Conor74 as a special guest referee.

yaNYDQM.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,083 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

A Christmas miracle for all to behold, so did you bring presents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

Just be your regular selves and carry on as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

AVB I thoroughly enjoy your witty repartie and how you never let standards slip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

Candie wrote: »
    Sorry, I'm just getting up and have to go take a shower in my gold plated bathroom while my Major Domo prepares my breakfast of blinis and champagne.

Tut, tut, that's very nouveau riche, dear, not to say trumpy.

And you let the majordomo make breakfast? Don't you have a cook or at least a maid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Don Kiddick

Candie wrote: »
    Your turn. You have some tough competition though. :)

Oh! I'm going to sit in front of my 65" TV and have a glass of €200 whisky...and it's actually true! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Oh! I'm going to sit in front of my 65" TV and have a glass of €200 whisky...and it's actually true! :D

Which whiskey is it if you don't mind? Got Pater some 18 year old Jameson for a gift. I've given him other more expensive bottles in the past but he likes his jemmy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

You eat something as common as cheese? I'm enjoying a dodo egg omelette, garnished with the tears of clubbed baby seals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Don Kiddick

Which whiskey is it if you don't mind? Got Pater some 18 year old Jameson for a gift. I've given him other more expensive bottles in the past but he likes his jemmy.

Johnny Walker Blue my good fellow...like my good self, ...smooth and mellow...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

The bang of notions would very nearly knock you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Johnny Walker Blue my good fellow...like my good self, ...smooth and mellow...

Very sorry old chum, I did take you to mean Irish whiskey, not the Scottish equivalent, whisky. It is reputed to be a very fine example of scotch, nonetheless, to your good health, and a merry Christmas to you too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,351 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

My favourite fictional character has returned.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭WildWater

I was driving out of Galway earlier and was overtaken by a fancy BMW driving like it owned the road. My immediate though was AvB must have collected his cheese.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

I was chatting to Aongus on a recent trip to Hamburg. I think tone can be lost through text. He's really quite a loveable rogue. He admitted he wasn't really familiar with the Hamburg Christmas markets but was quick to offer advice on local beers and cuisine along with some tips on how to get in with the natives!

I'm sure he won't mind me saying that he's not quite as.....pompous (apologies Aongus but I've had a tipple or two and my English has plummeted as a result)....on a one to one level.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Sounds like you've had more than a tipple or two if you think you've been talking to a fictional character. :rolleyes:

I was chatting to Aongus on a recent trip to Hamburg. I think tone can be lost through text. He's really quite a loveable rogue. He admitted he wasn't really familiar with the Hamburg Christmas markets but was quick to offer advice on local beers and cuisine along with some tips on how to get in with the natives!

I'm sure he won't mind me saying that he's not quite as.....pompous (apologies Aongus but I've had a tipple or two and my English has plummeted as a result)....on a one to one level.

Is he a terrible rogue?

I can’t be the only one on this forum that believes Anghos and End of the Road are the same person. Can I?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

Frankfurt, whoopsa, Frankfurt, where the finance business is. Not Hamburg. Though he might have been on his way to the Elbphilharmonie, cultured and sophisticated as he is.

He wouldn't though "get in with the natives", but might know about the best gourmet Fischbrötchen (fish sandwich) to get - which probably is as far as he gets "native".

Gosh, I love that wannabe Bismarck character. He is attitude-wise so inspiring, even if he slips occasionally. But that's the Galway Boy for you.
    (I hope Ed Sheeran ... no, I don't even want to think about it ...)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

I can’t be the only one on this forum that believes Anghos and End of the Road are the same person. Can I?

unless anghos spends 3/4 of him time defending public sector or train drivers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

aongus and whoopsy - a boardsie royal wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Supernintento Chalmers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Carry wrote: »
    Frankfurt, whoopsa, Frankfurt, where the finance business is. Not Hamburg. Though he might have been on his way to the Elbphilharmonie, cultured and sophisticated as he is.

He wouldn't though "get in with the natives", but might know about the best gourmet Fischbrötchen (fish sandwich) to get - which probably is as far as he gets "native".

I was in Hamburg ya silly billy.

It's beautiful btw.

Never been to Frankfurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

omg, is that opening post for real??? the message in a nutshell: who has the biggest..me, me, me, me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

tara73 wrote: »
    omg, is that opening post for real??? the message in a nutshell: who has the biggest..me, me, me, me.

I find it's more fun if you read it in a Ron Burgundy voice :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

Gus appears to have called it very right. Almost to the day. Permabear should stick to the Cyril Squirrel saving stamps, and leave the investment advice to a real pro like AvB.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭GMSA

Heres more sh1te from the OP.
    http://baronvonkelly.tumblr.com/ask

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭seamusk84

My half marathon times in particular are the envy of colleagues ten years my junior,

What is your PB ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

GMSA wrote: »

good lord, more unbelievable crap. I'm out, those individuals thrive on attention. but he defo lives in the right country for him...

• Advertisement

GMSA wrote: »
    After asking him if he was going out as somebody who made something of himself, he muttered weakly in return something about dressing up as a complete prick. Terrible stuff, really.

Ah now Aongus, instigating an argument there.

Advertisement