Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's the most wonderful time of the year. I'm here.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Paulzx

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.............a village in Galway is at this moment celebrating the return of it's idiot.

I love this guy. The Galway version of Ross O' Carroll-Kelly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭JackTaylorFan

Did anyone else read all that in the voice of the fattest of the three little pigs from Shrek?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

That was disappointingly humble by your standards. I'd lay off the meditation. It's changing you and I don't like it.

Candie wrote: »
    Aongus is my all-time favourite poster.

There are pretenders to the throne (who probably don't realize in what way they are pretenders), but Aongus is a Mamamouchi par excellence.

This thread was disappointing.

The appeal was that he carried it off so well and so consistantly. This thread just suggests someone revelling in a caricature. The straight up look at me stuff is more boring than flounces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

kfallon wrote: »
    See
    You
    Next
    Tuesday

I don't get it - how did this get a yellow, what am I missing here??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

begbysback wrote: »
    I don't get it - how did this get a yellow, what am I missing here??

See = C
    You = U
    Next = N
    Tuesday = T

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

“And finally, I’d just like to say I put a big personal effort in myself this year.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Pac1Man wrote: »
    See = C
    You = U
    Next = N
    Tuesday = T

Ahh I see - but I wonder has anyone every used this by mistake, like genuinely meeting up with someone next Tuesday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Suffice it to say, I had the last laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

So, the cops knew that intenal affairs were setting them up.

Na na na na na na na na, BATMAN!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

Welcome back Aongus.

What cheeses will you have on the cheese selection? What wines to pair them with?

Hi Patrick.

I visited the Supervalu in the local town this morning to see what the cheese selection was like. Bear in mind this is a part of the country where people still eat things like Calvita, or that 'cheese' that has a laughing cow on the packaging. There was a rudimentary selection of Irish farmhouse cheeses, but they were all wrapped in cellophane. Talk about destroying the product!

I approached the extremely gormless looking teenager who was manning the deli, and asked if they had any that weren't wrapped in plastic or stored under harsh lighting. I might as well have been asking him to solve Fermat's last theorem. Completely blank expression on his face.

Two minutes later and I had the nose of the Beamer hire car pointed towards Galway City. I couldn't help but notice the appalling standard of driving that seems to have become the norm in Ireland - when did the use of indicators become optional? I was in quite a sour mood by the time I visited Sheridan's cheesemongers. Thankfully they had an excellent selection of properly stored cheeses, and a member of staff who knew their brief.

The selection is a Milleens Dote, St Killians, Bellingham Blue, and a Cais na Tire. Can really see the Cais na Tire going well with a fantastic bottle of Chablis that I picked up. The red was a bit of a gamble based on advice from the shop assistant - a man who looked like his tipple of choice is strong cider, preferably drank down at the Spanish Arch. The tasting notes were good though, and 2010 was a fine vintage for the Rhône reds, so I don't think you can go wrong with an approachable bon marché Hermitage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Oh good.....who are you again?

Aongus Von Bismarck.

It's just at the top left of his post.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Finally, I was in Croke Park in that beautiful day in September when Galway finally ended the famine, and won the AI Hurling final.

They have machines playing Gaelic now?

Jesus. I'll have to give it a second look.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Beamer? Tut tut.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

‘‘Twas far from Chablis and goats cheese you were raised, Gus. Will you be visiting Supermacs over the festive period for a snack box and garlic sauce?

Hi Patrick.

I visited the Supervalu in the local town this morning to see what the cheese selection was like. Bear in mind this is a part of the country where people still eat things like Calvita, or that 'cheese' that has a laughing cow on the packaging. There was a rudimentary selection of Irish farmhouse cheeses, but they were all wrapped in cellophane. Talk about destroying the product!

I approached the extremely gormless looking teenager who was manning the deli, and asked if they had any that weren't wrapped in plastic or stored under harsh lighting. I might as well have been asking him to solve Fermat's last theorem. Completely blank expression on his face.

Two minutes later and I had the nose of the Beamer hire car pointed towards Galway City. I couldn't help but notice the appalling standard of driving that seems to have become the norm in Ireland - when did the use of indicators become optional? I was in quite a sour mood by the time I visited Sheridan's cheesemongers. Thankfully they had an excellent selection of properly stored cheeses, and a member of staff who knew their brief.

The selection is a Milleens Dote, St Killians, Bellingham Blue, and a Cais na Tire. Can really see the Cais na Tire going well with a fantastic bottle of Chablis that I picked up. The red was a bit of a gamble based on advice from the shop assistant - a man who looked like his tipple of choice is strong cider, preferably drank down at the Spanish Arch. The tasting notes were good though, and 2010 was a fine vintage for the Rhône reds, so I don't think you can go wrong with an approachable bon marché Hermitage.

He's going full on caricature.

To those who choose to engage, it's a made up character on an anonymous forum, and this thread really settles that. Seriously, don't you have a dishwasher to load or something useful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

Seriously, don't you have a dishwasher to load or something useful

Pot, meet kettle.

You need to learn to chillax, Conor. Have you ever considered mindfulness based meditation?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,454 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I hate the whole idea of cheese-boards. I don't eat cheese anyway, but seeing a cheese-board (or even hearing them mentioned) really annoys me.

Pot, meet kettle.

You need to learn to chillax, Conor. Have you ever considered mindfulness based meditation?

1. I'm pretty "chillaxed"...I'm guessing that means unruffled. Watching people respond to a made up caricature on an anonymous forum isn't a source of anger, but mild amusement.

2. I'll decline the suggestion that some nonsense plucked from Far East philosophy will make this thread seem better.

Watching people respond to a made up caricature on an anonymous forum isn't a source of anger, but mild amusement.

Over twenty years ago the mystery and wonder of Christmas was destroyed for me.

Why must you drag up those memories again?

• Advertisement

Hi Patrick.

This material is genuinely as good as the Ross O'Carroll Kelly stuff, and actually probably more relatable to a lot of people. Is there a way for you to move it beyond boards and monetise it like Paul Howard has?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

Ooh.

Permabear vs. AVB in a Trade-Off Match.

Conor74 as a special guest referee.

yaNYDQM.jpg

Oh, I love a bit of fantasy oneupmanship!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Don Kiddick

Oh, I love a bit of fantasy oneupmanship!

G'wan so, you're up next :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

I feel slightly sorry for AvB, posting that bit of fantasy was probably the highlight of his year. :(

G'wan so, you're up next :D

Sorry, I'm just getting up and have to go take a shower in my gold plated bathroom while my Major Domo prepares my breakfast of blinis and champagne.

Sorry, I'm just getting up and have to go take a shower in my gold plated bathroom while my Major Domo prepares my breakfast of blinis and champagne.

Not bad ;)

Not bad ;)

Your turn. You have some tough competition though. :)

• Advertisement

Your turn. You have some tough competition though. :)

I'm not able for this class of a field though...I'm a novice :)

Advertisement