Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Little Less Conversation..

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Don Kiddick

No, not all what I'm trying to do... just saying it was bloody rampant

And i get the hypocrisy of someone calling Jimmy Saville a paedo whilst rocking out to a Jimmy Page number. Led Zeppelin are **** anyways.

You're the one bringing whataboutery & Led Zeppelin into this , nobody else...not much of an argument there is it... Oh A is a kiddie fiddler...but sure B was doing it too? ...that's some messed up thinking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭JackTaylorFan

Also, there is something very strange about the username Don Kiddick - it's got to be Freudian :D

You're the one bringing whataboutery & Led Zeppelin into this , nobody else...not much of an argument there is it... Oh A is a kiddie fiddler...but sure B was doing it too? ...that's some messed up thinking

Look for the part on the thread where I said I liked or defended Elvis... you won't find it...

Look for the part on the thread where I said I liked Elvis... you won't find it...

Irrelevant

Irrelevant

You are trying to say by posting in a thread I am somehow advocating child abuse. Yeah, okay... No more oxygen for you...

• Advertisement

You are trying to say by posting in a thread I am somehow advocating child abuse. Yeah, okay... No more oxygen for you...

Oh, the ninja edit wasn't fast enough...
    Your "everybody else was doing it" was a poor attempt at defence in itself....please try harder.

Oh, the ninja edit wasn't fast enough...
    Your "everybody else was doing it" was a poor attempt at defence in itself....please try harder.

Yawn...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Elvis pretty much stole everything he ever did from more talented and more original black musicians.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Comparing Elvis to Jimmy Saville is absolutely fucking ridiculous.

Elvis met Priscilla when she was 14 and he was 25. Apparently he waited until she was 16 to sleep with her. They married when she was 21.

Jimmy Saville raised money for hospitals so as to gain their trust so he could rape eight year old children while they were in a fucking coma.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Took black music and repackaged it for a white audience

Eminem Version 1.0

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Well, he was in the army and sleeping with her when she was 14...not the only young person he slept with...even Natalie Wood remarked when she was being set up with him that she was too old for him..she was 18.

I genuinely never liked his music, I found out about the other stuff later :D
    I don't think it's sanctimonious to say you don't respect a child abuser?...
    But look, I'll leave it alone....I'm in a minority here :)

My own mother was 16/17 when she got married. Not defending anything from Elvis because I don't know the whole story of him and Priscilla. I do find it, sanctimonious though for anyone to judge his life when people are only putting up parody threads to have a bit of fun and enjoy the music he produced?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

I liked the '68 Comeback Special.......

......and his tribute acts :D esp the Flying Elvises, Utah Chapter :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

This is the closest he ever came to writing a song.

Lorelli! wrote: »
    I think it may have been a different time and I say that as a woman/girl who could claim to have been "groomed" by loads of blokes when I was 14. All my brothers "pals" tried it on with me then, specifically when i turned 14 because i "changed". I wouldnt go into details on that but with some it was difficult othèrs just backed away straight away.

My own mother was 16/17 when she got married. Not defending anything from Elvis because I don't know the whole story of him and Priscilla. I do find it, sanctimonious though for anyone to judge his life when people are only putting up parody threads to have a bit of fun and enjoy the music he produced?

You're entitled to your opinion, as I am mine

I think it may have been a different time and I say that as a woman/girl who could claim to have been "groomed" by loads of blokes when I was 14. All my brothers "pals" tried it on with me then, specifically when i turned 14 because i "changed". I wouldnt go into details on that but with some it was difficult othèrs just backed away straight away.

I suspect KidDick's intention is to derail the thread rather than raise awareness of historical child abuse...

Anyways to more relevant matters

Let's not allow ourselves to get weighed down in the heavy juxtaposition of priests dressed as Elvisesesesesesessssss... It's a whole child molesting minefield...

I suspect KidDick's intention is to derail the thread rather than raise awareness of historical child abuse...

Anyways to more relevant matters

Let's not allow ourselves to get weighed down in the heavy juxtaposition of priests dressed as Elvisesesesesesessssss... It's a whole child molesting minefield...

No, unlike some I've actually picked up non fiction books and read them...this has been common knowledge for many years ... perhaps you should do a little research on the subject as your posts come over as being a little unprepared, ciao

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

I like his rendition of blue moon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

You're entitled to your opinion, as I am mine

Ah ffs Don! I think 14 is too young for anyone to be in a serious relationship or anything like that but as I said at that time people were getting married at at least 16. Things are different now. My dad still classes me as a kid at 30 plus :D rightfully so :) But I don't think it is a fair assessment to brand Elvis as some kind of child abusèr and Priscilla Presley has never come out as saying that's how she felt or was treated at that time afaik :confused:

ciao

A fitting sign off.

Sums up, in one word, your whole sanctimonious, holier-than-thou, faux virtue-signalling ridiculously pompous attitude better than I could have in a a million.

A fitting sign off.

Sums up, in one word, your whole sanctimonious, holier-than-thou, faux virtue-signalling ridiculously pompous attitude better than I could have in a a million.

https://media.tenor.com/images/fbe85e4160b0e80295c4f8556ff5c3cc/tenor.gif

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Ah ffs Don! I think 14 is too young for anyone to be in a serious relationship or anything like that but as I said at that time people were getting married at at least 16. Things are different now. My dad still classes me as a kid at 30 plus :D rightfully so :) But I don't think it is a fair assessment to brand Elvis as some kind of child abusèr and Priscilla Presley has never come out as saying that's how she felt or was treated at that time afaik :confused:

I remember years ago reading about Elvis, he used to get girls all around 14ish to line up in his house and inspect them to see if they fit his criteria of being allowed stay in his house. He had a weird thing for their feet.
    Also David Bowie banged loads of child groupies. I wonder if he was still around now if the hounds would be out to get him, given what's going on nowadays. Instead he was made out to be some kind of Saint when he died.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Was never a fan of his music, and tbh I can't respect a guy who liked to have sex with children

Did Elvis like to have sex with children?!? WOW!!! Tell us all about it Don!!!
    (**** I wish I was as cool as Don...)

I remember years ago reading about Elvis, he used to get girls all around 14ish to line up in his house and inspect them to see if they fit his criteria of being allowed stay in his house. He had a weird thing for their feet.
    Also David Bowie banged loads of child groupies. I wonder if he was still around now if the hounds would be out to get him, given what's going on nowadays. Instead he was made out to be some kind of Saint when he died.

Well Robert Plant and Jimmy Page are still very much around. You can set the hounds on them if you like?

splinter65 wrote: »
    Well Robert Plant and Jimmy Page are still very much around. You can set the hounds on them if you like?

I'm unaware of whatever it is they may have done. If they did sleep with children, how come they were spared from the recent purge of 70s celebrities?

I'm unaware of whatever it is they may have done. If they did sleep with children, how come they were spared from the recent purge of 70s celebrities?

Because none of the young teen aged girls who slept with Led Zeppelin or any of the rock groups of the time have complained.
    How could they complain?
    If you sneak past hotel receptions and climb up fire escapes to get to the hotel bedroom of someone in order to have sex with them it’s difficult to come back later and complain.

splinter65 wrote: »
    Because none of the young teen aged girls who slept with Led Zeppelin or any of the rock groups of the time have complained.
    How could they complain?
    If you sneak past hotel receptions and climb up fire escapes to get to the hotel bedroom of someone in order to have sex with them it’s difficult to come back later and complain.

Google Lori Mattix... not only has she not complained... she fondly remembers being fondled by both Bowie and Page as a minor

Edit: *Mattix (sorry, I don't obsess over these things - so don't know her name off by heart)

Right but it's still pretty gross on behalf of the Rock Stars. I mean they could have just slept with girls 18+, I'm sure there were 1000s of them available too.

Right but it's still pretty gross on behalf of the Rock Stars.

We are all in agreement it was gross. Nobody on this thread has ever said anything to the contrary - despite what KIdDick would have you believe.

Other hideous abuses of groupies have been well documented... like stuffing a passed out girl's holes full of dead fish in a hotel room - a very famous tale.

Google Lori Maddox... not only has she not complained... she fondly remembers being fondled by both Bowie and Page as a minor

She was happily abducted by roadies of Jimmys on his instructions and lived with him for about 6 years until she realized she was being replaced by younger girls.
    The mistake people are making is trying to apply what’s unacceptable now to another era.
    The other big problem is, these girls all had parents who didn’t seem to be bothered about their young teenagers being missing.
    It’s a difficult issue to get past.
    There’s a legend about LZ in a hotel room with a girl and a fish that makes tough reading and would result in arrests and end of career stuff if it happened now, but is still bragged about and remembered fondly because it happened “back then”.

• Advertisement

We are all in agreement it was gross. Nobody on this thread has ever said anything to the contrary - despite what KIdDick would have you believe.

Other hideous abuses of groupies have been well documented... like stuffing a passed out girl's holes full of dead fish in a hotel room - a very famous tale.

Depending on who is telling the story she was either conscious or unconscious.
    It’s like the GPO in 1916.
    So many people claim to have been there it’s hard to see how they could all have fitted in the room.

Advertisement