Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Little Less Conversation..

Options
  • 17-12-2017 4:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭

A little more action, please!!!

Ah no seriously, how cool was Elvis?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Yeah I want to be just like him and die on the sh1tter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Snotty wrote: »
    Yeah I want to be just like him and die on the sh1tter

That's rich from someone who calls themself..Snotty :P :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Is everyone drunk tonight or what? And why don't I go to bed dammit!!

Is everyone drunk tonight or what? And why don't I go to bed dammit!!

:pac: Im not drunk! You just have a suspicious mind Ladymacbeth :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Lorelli! wrote: »
    :pac: Im not drunk! You just have a suspicious mind Ladymacbeth :)

I guess I'm just all shook up tonight :p

• Advertisement

I guess I'm just all shook up tonight :p

That's all right..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,143 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

He was apparently so cool that people don't care that he was going out with a 14 year old when he was a grown man

I suppose there's not much of a conversation he could be having with a 14 year old...more chance of getting some action........maybe that's where he got the inspiration for the lyrics

Ahhh he can't be that bad..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭JackTaylorFan

He was apparently so cool that people don't care that he was going out with a 14 year old when he was a grown man

I suppose there's not much of a conversation he could be having with a 14 year old...more chance of getting some action........maybe that's where he got the inspiration for the lyrics

People forget about all the rockstars and their encounters with underage groupies.

David Bowie comes to mind.

People forget about all the rockstars and their encounters with underage groupies.

David Bowie comes to mind.

Ahh well, the thread was just meant to be an appreciation for his music :)

I grew up in a house where Elvis was played constantly :) ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Took black music and repackaged it for a white audience

Ahh well, the thread was just meant to be an appreciation for his music :)

I grew up in a house where Elvis was played constantly :) ...

Mine was an Orbison household

Mine was an Orbison household

Oh mine was that too :D

We shall go with more Elvis at the moment but Roy in a minute :D

A song from Roy Orbison and also one of my favourite films..blue velvet :)

A song from Roy Orbison and also one of my favourite films..blue velvet :)

Having childhood flashbacks right now <3

Having childhood flashbacks right now <3

Hopefully not flashbacks that are brought up from Blue Velvet scenes :/ only messing Jack :D x

Okay..don't believe that there is a person that doesnt like his version of this...

Hopefully not flashbacks that are brought up from Blue Velvet scenes :/ only messing Jack :D x

Lol... no thankfully not Blue Velvet. :eek:

Orbison. Orbison, my dear :)

Okay..don't believe that there is a person that doesnt like his version of this...

Prefer this version... but it's all good

Prefer this version... but it's all good

That it's a good version! I rushed in :)

• Advertisement

One of the saddest songs ever written... not sure Elvis quite captures the misery though...

A little more action, please!!!

Ah no seriously, how cool was Elvis?

Don't think many thought it cool between the 60s and the early 2000s when some Dutch dance producer got his hands on it...

Don't think many thought it cool between the 60s and the early 2000s when some Dutch dance producer got his hands on it...

Oh ffs Connor, would you ever stop knowing stuff! Only joking, I appreciate your posts but you must like this one :) ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Well done on posting the original version of the song rather than that Junkie XL shite.

I love Elvis. Over the years I've bought pretty much every CD or DVD I can get my hands on as well as the odd record.

One of my favourite Elvis albums is Elvis Country.

I love his early stuff too, like his Sun recordings and his first RCA album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Don Kiddick

Was never a fan of his music, and tbh I can't respect a guy who liked to have sex with children

Was never a fan of his music, and tbh I can't respect a guy who liked to have sex with children

If you are a fan of Led Zeppelin and a few others from that era - you might find it hard to enjoy any music

If you are a fan of Led Zeppelin and a few others from that era - you might find it hard to enjoy any music

Trying to rationalize child abuse?

Listen, I get that he's popular...but he was a paedophile....if he looked like Jimmy Savile...it would be a different story today.

Well all I know was that he met Priscilla when she was young but he was fairly young himself at the time no? I don't know the story or anything in that regards about him. Just the songs. Is there something I'm missing? You can't say you've never sang or danced to an Elvis song Don ffs? Seen as your always going on about the sanctimonious on here, you might end up with little to say :/:p

Trying to rationalize child abuse?

Listen, I get that he's popular...but he was a paedophile....if he looked like Jimmy Savile...it would be a different story today.

No, not all what I'm trying to do... just saying it was bloody rampant

And i get the hypocrisy of someone calling Jimmy Saville a paedo whilst rocking out to a Jimmy Page number. Led Zeppelin are **** anyways.

• Advertisement

Well all I know was that he met Priscilla when she was young but he was fairly young himself at the time no? I don't know the story or anything in that regards about him. Just the songs. Is there something I'm missing? You can't say you've never sang or danced to an Elvis song Don ffs? Seen as your always going on about the sanctimonious on here, you might end up with little to say :/:p

Well, he was in the army and sleeping with her when she was 14...not the only young person he slept with...even Natalie Wood remarked when she was being set up with him that she was too old for him..she was 18.

I genuinely never liked his music, I found out about the other stuff later :D
    I don't think it's sanctimonious to say you don't respect a child abuser?...
    But look, I'll leave it alone....I'm in a minority here :)

Advertisement