Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail staff unhappy with their Christmas Bonus

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,850 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Bob Harris wrote: »
    ..but think of all the Paul Galvin and Paul Costello stuff you could buy in Dunnes with 500 notes.

A peaky blinders waistcoat paired with skinny jeans and a donkey jacket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Direct provision allowance recipients will take the €500 vouchers if offered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

A peaky blinders waistcoat paired with skinny jeans and a donkey jacket.
    Brilliant :pac:

They can f*ck right off. I really think that Irish Rail need to lay off 95% of their workforce and either fully automate their trains (somehow) or hire totally new staff. Same with Bus Eireann. Both are just money grabbing c*nts.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

diomed wrote: »

They get more then enough...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

They can f*ck right off. I really think that Irish Rail need to lay off 95% of their workforce and either fully automate their trains (somehow) or hire totally new staff. Same with Bus Eireann. Both are just money grabbing c*nts.

Dublin Bus too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,436 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I was eligible for an annual bonus. Got it twice in fifteen years.

This was not a Christmas bonus but an agreed payment with the labour court as part of their strike setllement.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

That's 25 slabs of Molson for Christs sake.

Whats wrong with these people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I'm in the civil service. I get no bonus and have to pay for the Christmas lunch!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

I'm in the civil service. I get no bonus and have to pay for the Christmas lunch!

My friends never believe me when I tell them the same thing. Then again they also thought I got paid to decentralise :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭indioblack

Ungrateful ratbags, I found a fiver the other day and nearly cried!

If it was an old white fiver it must have had your head on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mark_jmc

the union really needs to close its nonsense spouting mouth.
    the agreement included €500 worth of goodwill vouchers- it was not specified that One4all vouchers would be given.

At a time when the idea of a bonus is alien to a large amount of workers,
    they really need to move their snouts slightly away from the trough to allow themselves to breathe a little more easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭mosesgun

Think certainly if it formed part of a pay agreement, they should honour it and not restrict them to one outlet. They obviously got a bulk deal from Dunnes so their outlay would have been less than €500 a voucher. They wouldn't have got this from all 4 one or perfect card etc. It's a clever move but not what you'd call fair for the employee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Loved if I just got a 500 Euro gift card where I work.

But where i work you get your bonus is depending on what you have done for the company over the year. What projects you done, money saying and so on.

I ended up with a nice bonus and salary rise as I was just in the door I even told my boss I was not expecting anything anyway when we had the meeting ha.

So what I got I was delighted with as I did not expect anything and the fact if I work more next year I get a bigger reword.

This is how a bonus should be done not just handed to you because it's xmess !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Infini wrote: »
    Ahh the christmas salty thread. Home of stupidity!

(If your wondering why people arent happy its because they were promised a one 4 all voucher and were given a dunnes voucher instead. Its being told one thing and given another thats got em unhappy rather than the amount.)

ONE 4 ALL can't be used for groceries. It says it's redeemable in 1,000s of shops but a tiny handful of those accept the vouchers online. PITA.

Tough f****** luck, ungrateful fatcats.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

I work in the private sector and am appalled with what these miserable entitled gobsh1tes get away with.
    Irish rail say they are in debt of millions and they need cutbacks,in my sector people lose their jobs no whining or poor me.What do they do in irish rail they strike and demand pay increases??So, screw th fact that the company could fold those miserable entitled wastes of oxygen demand they get higher wages and complain that they get 500 bonus,wll I work my ar$e off and get nothing.
    Unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

ONE 4 ALL can't be used for groceries. It says it's redeemable in 1,000s of shops but a tiny handful of those accept the vouchers online. PITA.

Yes..... lots of retailers dont take them!! I heard a retailer say that they take too much of a commission and take ages to pay the retailer. So... retailer feel it better to stay out of the scheme

• Registered Users Posts: 15 lucid365

Rick Shaw wrote: »
    The Irish rail staff that are complaining need a good kick in their holes.

€500 is an extraordinary good bonus at Christmas time. Loads of places where you'd get shag all.

Bunch of ungrateful hoors.

Just like what infini said,the Irish rail staff where promised 1 for all vouchers which can be spent with a lot of venders,the company changed it to dunnes in order to get a bigger discount,but breaking their promise to the staff,the staff don't have a problem with the amount but have a problem with the company changing the vender,<snip>

Mod note: We'll have less of the abuse, please.

Buford T. Justice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

Ffs are they ever not moaning about something the ungrateful scuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

They do realise that most people don't get bonuses.

Upskill and become a train driver so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,850 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    Upskill and become a train driver so.

That's not how it works, you can't 'upskill' and be taken on as a driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭exaisle

That's not how it works, you can't 'upskill' and be taken on as a driver.

No, you have to downskill to become an ungrateful git.

What did Irish Rail staff do to deserve a €500 bonus?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

exaisle wrote: »

They got the trains where they needed to be on time.

Not the correct time, but a time anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 lucid365

From what I heard they got the 500 euro voucher as a goodwill jesture by the company as they have not received a pay rise in over 10 years,so now they got their pay rise of 2.5% per year for 3 years,and a 500 euro voucher as a goodwill jesture to say sorry for the company treating them like s-it for 10 years,the voucher is not a Christmas bonus as such,as Irish rail don't give a yearly Christmas bonus,I think it's only people giving out here who don't get anything so they are feeling jealous,I get double pay up at the airport for Christmas it's great 😙

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

have to pay for our Christmas dinner tonight
    and any drinks

€500 voucher?
    That'd get me five Francis Brennan duvets, or something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭uptherebels

they should all refuse the vouchers in protest.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

They do realise that most people don't get bonuses.

that's not their fault or problem to be fair.
    Rick Shaw wrote: »
    The Irish rail staff that are complaining need a good kick in their holes.

€500 is an extraordinary good bonus at Christmas time. Loads of places where you'd get shag all.

Bunch of ungrateful hoors.

not at all. they are entitled to complain. this is really a non-story. what other people in other companies get or don't get isn't the fault of irish rail staff.
    And be shown the door no thanks. I appreciate my job.

shown the door for suggesting the company show a little bit of appreciation and thanks to their staff at christmas? the job must really be so worth while to put up with that nonsense. any employer who would show the door to an employee for asking a question deserves to be out of business.
    i'd rather have no job then work for such a company myself.
    Riskymove wrote: »
    I understand that you cannot please everyone but I would hope that the suggestion that the whole deal would fall apart and we'd be back to strikes is a complete exaggeration by the papers

it absolutely is an exaggeration.

maybe they would but it's not really relevant to what is at best, a non-story.

it is not financially viable, and there are no grounds, to lay off staff for nothing and hire new staff. new staff will strike eventually, meaning the long term disruption for nothing will be for nothing.
    to automate the trains will make no difference, as someone will be required in the cab for decades to come, and if there is a strike there is no service. to remove those staff would require segregation of the network bar platform access so is not financially viable.
    and we are doing all this because someone complained about a voucher, which is the most laughable reason i have ever heard. people need to get over this, it's a non-story. the staff are entitled to complain, and they will sort it out between themselves and the company.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Is Dunnes a wholly owned Irish company?

If so, great. More companies should do this, as in give out vouchers for retailers that are Irish, and thus keep more of the money in the Irish economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Think it’s more the fact they ****ed us over to get the bonus. Now they have it, they’re not happpy

Considering that the vast majority of those they ****ed over in the first place don’t get such luxuries ... it’s a bit much to be moaning about it and threatening more misery on commuters

I’m asking Santa for the smallest violin I can find

we weren't ****ked over though. the staff just withdrew their labour. others not getting a voucher doesn't negate their complaint.

how is it tough luck. they are neither ungreatful or fatcats. they get paid what they are paid and what the job requires to be paid for the nature of the job.
    davmol wrote: »
    I work in the private sector and am appalled with what these miserable entitled gobsh1tes get away with.
    Irish rail say they are in debt of millions and they need cutbacks,in my sector people lose their jobs no whining or poor me.What do they do in irish rail they strike and demand pay increases??So, screw th fact that the company could fold those miserable entitled wastes of oxygen demand they get higher wages and complain that they get 500 bonus,wll I work my ar$e off and get nothing.
    Unreal!

the company is not losing millions as it's not really a company but a state entity. it doesn't get paid in full for the work that it does like all other public services.
    there are no more miserable entitled gobsh1tes or wastes of oxygen in irish rail then there are in any other company. there will always be a small few everywhere.
    parts of the private sector actually operate along the lines of parts of the public sector, so people in the private sector don't always lose their jobs should there be issues with a company. parts of the private sector will also get pay rises even if there are issues with the company.
    Mutant z wrote: »
    Ffs are they ever not moaning about something the ungrateful scuts.

they don't complain 99% of the time, the non-ungreatful non-scuts.
    exaisle wrote: »

they did their job. and it's not a boness. it's a voucher given as part of the labour agreement. the vast majority of irish rail staff wouldn't know anything about downskilling or being ungreatful or gits.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭clairek6

Working Christmas Day and no Christmas bonus. So much hate for this crowd

Advertisement