Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail staff unhappy with their Christmas Bonus

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

Ungrateful ratbags, I found a fiver the other day and nearly cried!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭titan18

A voucher for Dunnes is a bit meh alright. Nice value on it alright, but I know a lot of workplaces (mine included) give prepaid debit cards so can use them wherever, including online shopping

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Ahh the christmas salty thread. Home of stupidity!

(If your wondering why people arent happy its because they were promised a one 4 all voucher and were given a dunnes voucher instead. Its being told one thing and given another thats got em unhappy rather than the amount.)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I would say a lot could be against Dunne's for their work practices and poor dealing of staff etc.

Nice thing to have for doing the Christmas shop but I do find Dunne's has gotten very expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

They do realise that most people don't get bonuses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,524 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Irish Rail put it out for bidding, saved themselves €230k. Are they nuts in there, it'll cost them more to sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

I would say a lot could be against Dunne's for their work practices and poor dealing of staff etc.

Nice thing to have for doing the Christmas shop but I do find Dunne's has gotten very expensive.

Aren't they lucky then to have a 500€ voucher to offset that expense.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Infini wrote: »
    Ahh the christmas salty thread. Home of stupidity!

(If your wondering why people arent happy its because they were promised a one 4 all voucher and were given a dunnes voucher instead. Its being told one thing and given another thats got em unhappy rather than the amount.)

The one 4 all vouchers depreciate by €3 or something every month so they are a bit of a rip off really.

They do realise that most people don't get bonuses.

And so what they can change career or move up the ladder. So I keep hearing and see posted on sites such as this.

Look at the social they get a Christmas bonus for doing nothing, bankers paid big big money get a bonus and many many others.

If you don't get one consider bringing it up in the company you work in.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

The Irish rail staff that are complaining need a good kick in their holes.

€500 is an extraordinary good bonus at Christmas time. Loads of places where you'd get shag all.

Bunch of ungrateful hoors.

• Advertisement

The one 4 all vouchers depreciate by €3 or something every month so they are a bit of a rip off really.

That's after 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Aren't vouchers just a way of avoiding PRSI and PAYE anyway? Don't really know but that's what I've been lead to believe.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

cantdecide wrote: »
    Aren't vouchers just a way of avoiding PRSI and PAYE anyway? Don't really know but that's what I've been lead to believe.
    Yup. Nothing wrong with that.

Everyone can get a once off tax free total of €500 in a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

Revenue-approved small gift exemption. No taxes are payable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

And so what they can change career or move up the ladder. So I keep hearing and see posted on sites such as this.

Look at the social they get a Christmas bonus for doing nothing, bankers paid big big money get a bonus and many many others.

If you don't get one consider bringing it up in the company you work in.

And be shown the door no thanks. I appreciate my job.

And be shown the door no thanks. I appreciate my job.

Well then why begrudgingly against them getting one???

Why not send in a suggestion you can put your name on or choose not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

What value of vouchers do employers usually give staff?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,436 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

That article and this thread title is totally misleading.

The voucher is not a Christmas bonus but part of a labour court agreed settlement of a legitimate industrial dispute. It is a one off payment.

I can understand that some are not happy being restricted to Dunnes Stores as I never shop there myself personally.

Why couldn't they give a One 4 All Voucher?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

I didn't agree with the strikes, however an agreement was made which included a 500 one for all voucher which was changed to a Dunnes voucher. If someone changes the terms of an agreement the other party has every right to be annoyed. Dunnes is a s**thole with lots of dodgy work practices and I'd be pi$$ed if I got given a voucher for there instead of a one for all voucher.

As I say I disagree with their original claims but given the agreement that was made they do have a right to be pissed off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

murpho999 wrote: »
    I can understand that some are not happy being restricted to Dunnes Stores as I never shop there myself personally.

/QUOTE]

I understand that you cannot please everyone but I would hope that the suggestion that the whole deal would fall apart and we'd be back to strikes is a complete exaggeration by the papers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Only after 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,436 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

No they don't.

After 12 months there is an "inactive balance fee"
    A monthly inactive balance charge of €1.45 (or the credit balance on the Card, if lower) will be charged after the Card has been in issue for 12 months. This charge will start to be applied from the following month and will continue until such times as the balance on the Card is zero and this Agreement is terminated.
    Link: See Section 6.3

Not saying it's right but it's €1.45 a month after 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

cruizer101 wrote: »
    If someone changes the terms of an agreement the other party has every right to be annoyed. Dunnes is a s**thole with lots of dodgy work practices and I'd be pi$$ed if I got given a voucher for there instead of a one for all voucher.

..but think of all the Paul Galvin and Paul Costello stuff you could buy in Dunnes with 500 notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Infini wrote:

After hearing that Irish Rail are worse than Hitler and Pol Pot combined!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

I was eligible for an annual bonus. Got it twice in fifteen years.

diomed wrote: »
    I was eligible for an annual bonus. Got it twice in fifteen years.

This is a once off bonus to keep them sweet and away from strike though.

I think all workers should receive a Christmas bonus though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

Bob Harris wrote: »
    ..but think of all the Paul Galvin and Paul Costello stuff you could buy in Dunnes with 500 notes.

A Paul Costello lump of driftwood!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I would say they couldn’t give a flying f*ck about their practices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Oh please **** off you moany ****ebags.

Advertisement