Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Sad that he's trying to move down towards the end of a great career. Fighters should be moving the other way as they get older if anything. Seems a bit desperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,081 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Jesus, Aldo used to look like **** at 145. 135 will be tough for him to get too.

He looks much smaller there though. Would hate to see him loss mass to get down and be weakened too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,311 ✭✭✭xtal191

Aldo vs Moraes at UFC 245, ridiculous card

93fd9d49-9c89-4aa6-8bb2-590b859d9937-jpeg.665755

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Ufc have absolutely killed it this year with the cards they have and are putting on.

Also Faber vs Peter yan at Ufc 245

• Registered Users Posts: 37,626 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Tazzimus wrote:
    MMA journo dude
    Never heard of him, what site does he work with?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

eagle eye wrote: »
    Never heard of him, what site does he work with?
    MMAFighting I think. Twitter or a Google search will give better info for you I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

I would have thought that Petesy Carroll would have been Ireland's best known MMA journalist (either him or Sean Sheehan).

I would have thought that Petesy Carroll would have been Ireland's best known MMA journalist (either him or Sean Sheehan).
    Him, Sean and Andrew would be the 3 well known ones, as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,114 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Looks like a child head was CGI’d onto a small body

Would a child's head on a small body not just look like a child?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Advertisement

Nooooooooo......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

He ate a tainted carrot

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

For fcuk sake. Such a letdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Jasus that's a stinker. This card is fight night worthy now, doesn't justify being a ppv.

Looks like Leon Edwards will step in. Should be gas when he batters Masvidal and gets Colby next.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Couple of MMA journos saying that Leon Edwards is the guy to step in for Nate.

But seriously - does anyone actually believe Nate is on anything? The whole thing stinks. Didn't yer man from UFC (their anti doping guy) say they had to recalibrate testing thresholds as they were too sensitive?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Can't see Masvidal taking the Edwards fight. Likely not a favourable match-up, plus he won't lose any fans siding with Nate on this one...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Edwards will stop the hyped up journeymen nonsense thank God.

It's all becoming too much for me... I hate WWE: this BETTER not be shenanigans :o

https://twitter.com/GamebredFighter/status/1187495075540013056

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I wish USADA would just **** off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Hopefully Edwards gets to step in, he's a fabulous fighter. Next in line for the belt IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 37,626 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'd laugh if Ben Askren got the gig.

Cali_girl wrote: »
    But seriously - does anyone actually believe Nate is on anything?
    Do I believe he could have taken something ? Yes.

He's in the best shape of his life lately, gone up a divison, has multiple teammates who have popped, he apparently thinks everyone else is on something.

I don't know whether he did or not. But it would be naive to rule it out.

Cali_girl wrote: »
    But seriously - does anyone actually believe Nate is on anything? The whole thing stinks. Didn't yer man from UFC (their anti doping guy) say they had to recalibrate testing thresholds as they were too sensitive?
    Only thing either Diaz would pop for is weed, they're clean as they come imo.
    Well, Nate more than Nick these days. I don't think Nate even drinks, Nick I'm not sure as he's always in some nightclub.

If he did ingest something, I doubt he did so willingly or knowingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

This is #1 bull****

• Registered Users Posts: 20,544 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

according to the UFC , Diaz has not been suspended and as off now fight is still on ,
    For a couple of bad mofo's the Diaz brother's are absolute drama queens ,

according to the UFC , Diaz has not been suspended and as off now fight is still on ,
    For a couple of bad mofo's the Diaz brother's are absolute drama queens ,
    I wouldn't really call that being a drama queen (although they can be)
    This was more him making sure he got ahead of whatever spin the UFC and USADA would churn out and making sure people knew he wasn't trying to hide anything. Especially important for someone who is so anti-steroids as he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,544 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Tazzimus wrote: »
    I wouldn't really call that being a drama queen (although they can be)
    This was more him making sure he got ahead of whatever spin the UFC and USADA would churn out and making sure people knew he wasn't trying to hide anything. Especially important for someone who is so anti-steroids as he is.

If he took nothing there's nothing to worry about it'll be all cleared up. no need for the dramatics ,

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The best bit about this is Pico Jones 'i feel your pain bro' :pac:

• Advertisement

If he took nothing there's nothing to worry about it'll be all cleared up. no need for the dramatics ,
    No, but it'd still be something people would bring up, regardless being clean or not. "Oh remember that time he was flagged by USADA"

He's just making sure people know he's not trying to hide anything by waiting for the UFC to announce it after the fight or that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement