Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭uchimata83

The difference between the two is most of us would "wrestle" Brock if we were given the money. I don't think too many would be willing to fight Stipe.
    I'm not fully convinced Cain was clean for large parts of his career either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭smilerf

uchimata83 wrote: »
    The difference between the two is most of us would "wrestle" Brock if we were given the money. I don't think too many would be willing to fight Stipe.
    I don't know about most of us would even contemplate wrestling Brock
    He is known to be a stiff worker.
    He will hurt you

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    3 years since Bisp in Manchester, man that was a quiet and smelly flight 3 hours after the fight back to Dublin and the Boards.ie bus to airport. Great night.

Quite a strange sight in the train station after too. I was one of maybe 100 people that grabbed a couple of hours sleep on the floor while awaiting the first trains. The lads were back to Dublin long before I got home to London. Not an enjoyable journey home but the day and night before it were a lot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

What makes you say this? I never saw a massive drop off in Cain's performances after USADA, and I never saw any noticable changes in physique.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭uchimata83

weemcd wrote: »
    What makes you say this? I never saw a massive drop off in Cain's performances after USADA, and I never saw any noticable changes in physique.

JDS comment,the recovery time between his injuries went through the roof once USADA came in, and the fact that he was obliterating fellas juiced to the gills. Physique is not everything, just look at Anderson. Cain was ahead of the curve I reckon with epo or something similar. Just my opinion but I don't think I'm alone.
    smilerf wrote: »
    I don't know about most of us would even contemplate wrestling Brock
    He is known to be a stiff worker.
    He will hurt you

Real fighting will hurt you more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Guy Person wrote: »
    giphy.gif
    In all seriousness though, these guys end up with a lot of reoccurring injuries from flinging themselves from and through things for years.
    While a good chunk of it is indeed fake, some of the stuff they do just hurts.
    Plus pro wrestling has a much more hectic schedule than fighting once or twice a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Tazzimus wrote: »
    In all seriousness though, these guys end up with a lot of reoccurring injuries from flinging themselves from and through things for years.
    While a good chunk of it is indeed fake, some of the stuff they do just hurts.
    Plus pro wrestling has a much more hectic schedule than fighting once or twice a year.
    Oh yeah I am an on-off wrestling fan since I was a youngfella, the schedule they have is crazy. How they do it I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,922 ✭✭✭cletus

JJayoo wrote: »

That there is the height of stupidity

• Registered Users Posts: 39,161 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

JDS comment,the recovery time between his injuries went through the roof once USADA came in
    Long recovery times would suggest he was clean rather than juicing.
    His pre USADA injuries were the same.

He destroyed Brock, Bigfoot etc by being significant better. I’d agree that if he was on anything it was EPO.

Heavyweights are obsessed with testosterone and size. But looking at the average HW performance. EPO would get better results.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Ponzinibbio is out of the Lawler fight at 244, he has staph. No replacement fighter so Robbie is off the card.

Aspen Ladd and her team had their appeal today for the knockout loss to de Randamie. Her grounds for appeal seem to be that Herb Dean is a sexist, which is odd to say the least! SJW type nonsense creeping into MMA?

EDIT: The picture is huge so here is the link instead https://i.imgur.com/VQa8twd.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Guy Person wrote: »
    Ponzinibbio is out of the Lawler fight at 244, he has staph. No replacement fighter so Robbie is off the card.

Aspen Ladd and her team had their appeal today for the knockout loss to de Randamie. Her grounds for appeal seem to be that Herb Dean is a sexist, which is odd to say the least! SJW type nonsense creeping into MMA?

EDIT: The picture is huge so here is the link instead https://i.imgur.com/VQa8twd.png

Jesus, that defence from Ladd could backfire. I can see Dana bring extremely pissed off that it is being brought down this route.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

New rule in California, any fighter over 15% of scheduled weight on fight won't be allowed fight. Not sure it'll do much, is there many or any featherweights 167+ in the octogon?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

US2 wrote: »
    New rule in California, any fighter over 15% of scheduled weight on fight won't be allowed fight. Not sure it'll do much, is there many or any featherweights 167+ in the octogon?

If that was in place at the last event 4 fights would have been scrapped. So I'd say it'll have some fighters worried.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/8/20/20823148/ufc-241-fight-night-weights-more-than-half-the-card-exceeded-csac-10-threshold-mma-news

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

15% of 155 = 23 pounds
    15% of 145 = 21pounds

Is this right? Guys water cutting 20+ pounds? It's too late have I this arseways?

JJayoo wrote: »
    15% of 155 = 23 pounds
    15% of 145 = 21pounds

Is this right? Guys water cutting 20+ pounds? It's too late have I this arseways?

Here you go

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

also known as the jon jones amendment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭billybonkers

ASOT wrote: »
    If that was in place at the last event 4 fights would have been scrapped. So I'd say it'll have some fighters worried.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/8/20/20823148/ufc-241-fight-night-weights-more-than-half-the-card-exceeded-csac-10-threshold-mma-news

Fighters will just cut weight twice to make both limits...

This will end up with fighters being still partially dehydrated come fight night, to stay under that limit.
    Not the wisest of decisions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Greg Hardy stepping in for an injured JDS to fight Volkov next month in Moscow.

Huge step up for Hardy. Guy has balls I'll give him that.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,860 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

JoeyJJ wrote:
    Bit of a scrap in Blanch
    Who is that guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭Homelander

ricero wrote: »

He was surprisingly reserved in his last fight. Has major power, been pretty one dimensional in the past but a bit more versatile in the last fight admittedly, but really not sure he's cut out for the elite tiers at all, doesn't really have any skill outside the power punches. I know it works for Derrick Lewis but not really sure about Hardy, feel like the higher tiers would dismantle him easily enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

ricero wrote: »

Looking forward to that beat down from Volkov.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Who is that guy?
    MMA journo dude

martyos121 wrote: »
    Looking forward to that beat down from Volkov.
    I think most people will be looking forward to Hardy getting a well deserved hiding.

Is this real? Think he will do great things at 135. Poor Frankie tho

https://twitter.com/AnaHissa/status/1186479077902995457?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Jesus, Aldo used to look like **** at 145. 135 will be tough for him to get too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Looks like a child head was CGI’d onto a small body

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

That cant be healthy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement