Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De Ray Darcy on de telly thread. 9 December 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

We should do our own top 5 list of ladies of Ireland :D

That would be objectifying women, we're not allowed to feel a natural urge to find women hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Ah, I remember seeing Markus Feehily when he supported Wet Wet Wet and I thought he was very good.

lufties wrote: »
    Imagine if this was the other way round, with a wife in the audience. Seriously, why is it socially acceptable for women to gush over men.

Don’t you worry. It’s more Mammy City the gay son type of stuff here.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,710 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Westlife Reunion 2018

Good performance of a good song, to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I think she will drop the hand.

Like yer wan from The Red Chair on Graham Norton last nite ;)
    Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I used to think "what's your favourite Christmas song" was a good conversation to fill uncomfortable gaps at uncomfortable Christmas gatherings.

Until i realised when they asked me back, I just say they're all bollocks. And we would go back to being uncomfortable.

(Except that one by The Darkness, of course).

Mentioning any festive tune by Cliff Richard, usually stops people in their tracks :D

But where's she from, Ray? :angry:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,729 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Tracy was the highlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,243 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Ray on his Christmas holliers from tv early.

M

But where's she from, Ray? :angry:

Clare I think she said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Don’t you worry. It’s more Mammy type if stuff.

I know, and honestly I couldn't care less. But could you imagine if it was some daddy in the audience that wanted to kiss Sharon in beolain. It would be seen as creepy

Hate the double standards from rte.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭ooter

I have to be honest, I've never been a fan of Francis Brennan, he does my bleedin head in, but after hearing what he does for his staff every year I have to say fair play to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Westlife Reunion 2018

Shane needs the money.

Well, if Ray ain't gonna sing...

Hit it!

M

ooter wrote: »
    I have to be honest, I've never been a fan of Francis Brennan, he does my bleedin head in, but after hearing what he does for his staff every year I have to say fair play to him.

I think he's a decent enough skin, you would have to give him a bit of space though :D

It’s kinda private stuff, if his parents did great and wonderful deed to one of my oarent’s Family. Absolutely genuine philanthropic family he’s from. 100% genuine.

Jees Ray, doesn't want anyone do his job, daggers at Francis & then a fake laff, eeeekk!

Ray has the hospitality of a sloth ;)

Surprisingly premature end for the RDS this year...is that a bad thing? :pac:

Ah well, to all the foolish RDS thread regulars...Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Ray on his Christmas holliers from tv early.

RTE must be thinking "Goodwill to all men" & keep Sat nites during Christmas for fun family viewing til the 6th Jan, is that little ray's day :D

It was mentioned once, maybe the LLS that afaik in Jan that all the tips get put into a jar & get put forward to a holiday & they afaik Francis & John add in the rest & all the staff go on holiday, pity that wasnt' filmed!

Derry Clarke does the same, closes his restaurant down in Jan & he brings his staff to his vineyard in South Africa.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Well iv'e no clue what happened after peter mcverry because the fire was so warm, i nodded off on the coach and have just woke up

Im so ashamed of my actions that i will record it on +1 to watch tomorrow

• Advertisement

It’s kinda private stuff, if his parents did great and wonderful deed to one of my oarent’s Family. Absolutely genuine philanthropic family he’s from. 100% genuine.

Good to hear, we could do with more people like that.

Surprisingly premature end for the RDS this year...is that a bad thing? :pac:

Ah well, to all the foolish RDS thread regulars...Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

This isn't goodbye yet, we still have the radio....is that a good thing? :o

Skid X wrote: »
    Because they scrapped the water charges and stopped chasing people who didn't pay.

Either everyone should pay or no-one should.

We already pay for water.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Jees Ray, doesn't want anyone do his job, daggers at Francis & then a fake laff, eeeekk!

Ray has the hospitality of a sloth ;)
    No manners at all.

M

lufties wrote: »
    What about the top 5 wimmin? Seriously, imagine this was the other way round.

Right my top 5 ladies of Oireland in no particular order bar alphabetical :pac:...
    Anna Geary
    Aoife Scott
    Blathnaid Treacy
    Muireann O'Connell
    Sile Seoige

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

My wife and her 4 sisters.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,729 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

We already pay for water.

Through income after tax for some, and general taxation for others.

So what’s on instead next Saturday night?

The 2017 Irish Architect Of The Year Awards? :D

So what’s on instead next Saturday night?

The 2017 Irish Architect Of The Year Awards? :D

The RTE Sports Awards thing

AKA The annual thread for people to appear from nowhere to post "Can't believe **whoever** wasn't nominated, **he/she/they** should have won easily, they won **something** and got no coverage from RTE. It's a disgrace"

I'll be watching Jeff Lynne at Wembley on BBC2 instead.

• Advertisement
    M

Skid X wrote: »
    The RTE Sports Awards thing

AKA The annual thread for people to appear from nowhere to post "Can't believe **whoever** wasn't nominated, **he/she/they** should have won easily, they won **something** and got no coverage from RTE. It's a disgrace"

I'll be watching Jeff Lynne at Wembley on BBC2 instead.

In the promo for it I didn't see any mention of Conor McGregor, I take it he declined an invitation to appear on the night and so was snubbed.

Advertisement