Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De Ray Darcy on de telly thread. 9 December 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Feckin hell is he ever off RTE?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Ray has friends :eek:

Hah, no friend will ask you to say he has a gig in Belfast on the 24th Mar, lol

And also all the people working in the billing departments of Irish Water, what will they do now for work?

They probably are doing proper admin work now, allocating monies to the various maintenance, repairs etc, rather than chase reluctant individuals for bits of debt.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,140 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Nathan is gutted that Ray doesn't consider him a friend. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

It's Nathan Carter's Brother's Brother !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Ah yeah, she used to regale stories too about her cameraman hubby Steve, especially when you saw the camera nod, except for the day she raffled off her bra, the SIZE of them, Steve wasn't happy :D

Link?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

So if you play sh1te music the women will be mad for you.

M

I want the lad in the fronts Santa hat with the flashing lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,140 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

I expected Tubs to be number one, following an influx of votes from Autosport.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

"And Nathan told me he is playing Belfast next month"

Very odd, did he insist on the plug for doing that video?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,425 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Most popular architect? Does he have a certificate to prove that or is it a supposition based on his fizog being on the RTE telly screen?

Was Bannon on Blind Date?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Skid X wrote: »
    Not comparable at all.

They would not give some people free gas and expect others to pay for it.

True Enough!!

M

Wear the face off him, lol.

M

I think she will drop the hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Ask men who would they like to kiss under the mistletoe and it would be #MeToo.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/12/03/ridicule-police-say-kissing-mistletoe-without-consent-rape/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I like the way Francis Brennan says "alright" all the time.

I don't know why, alright?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,959 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

OmiGod.

Realistically she’ll have to pay for the second night in the Park and a diner or two there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

What about the top 5 wimmin? Seriously, imagine this was the other way round.

M

Some loopers in the audience, they sound well oiled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

Christ. The dear doesn't realise he bats for the other team. Cringy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Nathan is gutted that Ray doesn't consider him a friend. :D

ooo-friend.jpg

Didya see yer wan didn't need an invite to the stage floor & wrestled the mike off Ray :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I used to think "what's your favourite Christmas song" was a good conversation to fill uncomfortable gaps at uncomfortable Christmas gatherings.

Until i realised when they asked me back, I just say they're all bollocks. And we would go back to being uncomfortable.

(Except that one by The Darkness, of course).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Imagine if this was the other way round, with a wife in the audience. Seriously, why is it socially acceptable for women to gush over men.

Francis has just given a top tip to potential terrorists

Did anyone catch what the granny and grand daughter got? Late in the door, and missed it

M

lufties wrote: »
    What about the top 5 wimmin? Seriously, imagine this was the other way round.

We should do our own top 5 list of ladies of Ireland :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Berserker wrote: »
    Might have something to do with votes ....

I'm not sure about that. Fine Gael TDs still talk about wanting to reintroduce charges.

They are trying to insinuate that people are wasting water. That's why they talk about a charge for excessive usage, but ignore the fact that money was wasted in the setting up of Irish Water.

On that issue, on 25th March 2015, in the Dáil, Stephen Donnelly spoke well about the issue of the charges, and how the money raised from charges would only go towards the running of Irish Water as a company, and nothing else.

He made the point that even if everyone paid the charges, it would not go towards the cost of water supply and treatment, nor would it go towards the upgrading of water infrastructure and water pipes, which is what the government public representatives were trying to suggest at the time.

Stephen Donnelly said:

"There is a lot of politics in the Chamber this evening, as well as a lot of emotion, as one would expect in a debate on water charges. It is clearly going to be a key issue in the next election. However, I would like to revisit some of the facts because the numbers tell us pretty much everything we need to know about Irish Water".

"The money raised from water charges will at most cover the cost of raising that money. According to my calculations, it will not even cover those costs. The net amount that will be raised from Irish households is approximately €90 million, and the cost of getting that amount of money will be more than €90 million. Irish households are being charged to cover the cost of charging them. Not one cent paid by any household in Ireland will pay for one drop of water, one replacement for a lead pipe or one brick in a new reservoir. The money the Government is seeking to take from us will cover the cost of getting that money. All the talk about people needing to understand that water is not free and that we have to upgrade the system is well and good but not a euro of the money raised will be invested in the system".

"Even if it cost nothing to charge people for water because all the water meters were installed by volunteers with donations of concrete and shovels, all the people in the call centres worked for nothing in buildings constructed by philanthropists and An Post agreed to send the letters for free, it still would not be necessary to charge anybody for water. We know from the Irish Water capital expenditure programme that the only investment is an extra €200 million being invested in the system. These are Irish Water and Government numbers. This entire exercise is about investing an extra €200 million per year in water. Prior to this nonsense, Irish water cost approximately €1.2 billion to deliver. When Scotland brought its dispersed systems together, it managed to reduce operating costs by 40%. Let us be conservative and say we are only capable of achieving half of what Scotland saved. Even if we only reduced the cost base by 20% after bringing the dispersed utilities together and running it properly with new technology, we could pay for the entire additional investment in water with €40 million left over".

"Not a single penny raised from an Irish household will be used to upgrade the infrastructure. Even if that money could be raised for free, it would not be necessary to raise it because all we have to do is reduce the operating costs by €200 million and invest that money in the system. That would solve the problem. There would be no water meters, protests or people coming into my office to ask me how they will manage to pay for water. There would be no threats about turning people's water down to a trickle or taking money out of people's wages or social welfare payments. None of that would be necessary had this project been managed properly.
    Deputy Rabbitte suggested that the lack of minutes in numerous meetings between the then Minister, Phil Hogan, and Bord Gáis are not relevant. Of course they are relevant. This entire exercise has been pursued in secrecy. The Joint Committee on Finance, Public Expenditure and Reform still cannot get evidence for the implications of off-balance sheet borrowing."

http://oireachtasdebates.oireachtas.ie/debates%20authoring/DebatesWebPack.nsf/takes/dail2015032500062#N6

http://oireachtasdebates.oireachtas.ie/debates%20authoring/debateswebpack.nsf/takes/dail2015032500062?opendocument

https://www.finegael.ie/statement-fine-gael-members-joint-oireachtas-committee-future-funding-domestic-water/

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I expected Tubs to be number one, following an influx of votes from Autosport.

According to Joe Duffy they have algorithms now to combat that sort of thing. Developed bu the Liveliine team to stop Shinnerbots rigging the telepolls.

• Advertisement
    M

sligojoek wrote: »
    According to Joe Duffy they have algorithms now to combat that sort of thing. Developed bu the Liveliine team to stop Shinnerbots rigging the telepolls.

Text Whoy for Yes :D

Advertisement