Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De Ray Darcy on de telly thread. 9 December 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,619 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Focus Ireland - CEO on €115,000
    Simon Community - CEO on €85,000

http://www.thejournal.ie/irish-charity-ceo-salaries-spending-best-practice-2659408-Mar2016/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Not to sound inconsiderate, but why don't people move down the country if there's no house to live in Dublin. There are plenty of houses in places like port laois.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Hey McVerry, why not ask your overlords (i.e the largest private landholder in the state, the Catholic Church) to donate some land to accommodate the homeless, that might be something christ might do.

He is correct to critique government policy on housing.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Why are there so many Homeless charities trying to do the same thing?

It's inefficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

MEEE HANDSS

• Advertisement

RobertKK wrote: »
    The refund annoys me, private wells and no refunds for saving the state money...

Absolutely agree it’s letting State off the hook, however Ive succumbed to Fr McVerry’s trust.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

I'm still scratching my head why this water money is being given back to people. The whole thing is scandalous.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,179 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

After a quick corschrumscial break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

lufties wrote: »
    Not to sound inconsiderate, but why don't people move down the country if there's no house to live in Dublin. There are plenty of houses in places like port laois.

That would work if companies were happy to relocate to areas like that. The reality is that people would need to travel to Dublin for work.

Firefox11 wrote: »
    I'm still scratching my head why this water money is being given back to people. The whole thing is scandalous.

Because they scrapped the water charges and stopped chasing people who didn't pay.

Either everyone should pay or no-one should.

• Advertisement

Might have something to do with votes ....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Berserker wrote: »
    That would work if companies were happy to relocate to areas like that. The reality is that people would need to travel to Dublin for work.

The government need to show new companies that there is more then Dublin. Those who can move and on list should be encouraged to go

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Skid X wrote: »
    Why are there so many Homeless charities trying to do the same thing?

It's inefficient.

The Charities Regulator was on raysradio recently & is gonna crack down on 'charities' afaik there's about 300 or 3000, same should be done with the homeless one's too.

As i heard yer wan, slating the volunteers for helping, she says, making it worse by not bringing them indoors:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Berserker wrote: »

Yeah, personally if I was to move back to Ireland, I'd have to work in Dublin. Would be lucky to get 3k month. Would need to commute from some souless grey commuter town. Feck that, I'll stay in England.

M

And also all the people working in the billing departments of Irish Water, what will they do now for work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

lufties wrote: »

They tried that as a policy in the Celtic Tiger Mk 2 era, we all know how that ended.

Because they scrapped the water charges and stopped chasing people who didn't pay.

The same should apply for RTE Shows on the license :rolleyes:

A 5kg weight?!

We always have those lying around :wassat:

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    He couldn't hear Ryan's questions, because his ears were burning right off his head as every household in Ireland was talking about what a mad bastard he us.

Great idea, but there is the issue of a fine yacht club, a little known wurkin class one, of which I’m a member, having a big presence on de Liffey an dat. Bit much expecting the homeless to become mariners.

Surely Dave IS the star. :)

EDIT: Boom, baby 8-)

• Advertisement
    M

€300 for charity, wow, seriously should be 10 times that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Most of these charities are next to no good to a single young person.

Mum and kids bring in the money not some lad that looks like he should be out working but fell on hard times.Not that I'm young or able bodied.

I was near there and the women in focus thought I was there on business when I called in.
    She took my name and PPS number to add to who they helped but then told me to go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Maybe so but isn't the irish water utility still in existence??

I think if I went looking for a refund of all the gas bills I have paid over the years I'd be told where to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

He is correct to critique government policy on housing.

Never said he wasnt but the organisation he represents is certainly in a considerable position to assist in alleviating the crisis.

M

Tears in 3-2-1.

I saw a poster advertising Leo would be playing guitar somewhere in town once, and it just said "Tonight: Leo from Fair City plays Guitar!", which is proper order as nobody knows his name.

Ray really working hard here for tears.

Damn dust in my eye again. :(

And also all the people working in the billing departments of Irish Water, what will they do now for work?

Ah they'll find work in the next Quango!
    €300 for charity, wow, seriously should be 10 times that.

What will ray donate?

• Advertisement

Maybe so but isn't the irish water utility still in existence??

I think if I went looking for a refund of all the gas bills I have paid over the years I'd be told where to go.

Not comparable at all.

They would not give some people free gas and expect others to pay for it.

Advertisement