Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Control Room Operator/Call Taker competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Dory266

I submitted my audiology report and information 2 weeks ago. Does anyone know how long it takes to get a response on all this? I know next is to wait to be deemed medically fit and then for contract and start date.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Cherylwalsh3

Anyone hear anything since last weeks interview results?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Silent night

No nothing yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

Nothing here either

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Tanyatf44

No word at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Junior Blue

With me, it took about the same 2 odd weeks for the CMO to send info back to the public appointments service. They generally wait until they have a batch passed and send a list rather than individual candidate names/numbers.

Anyone have an email address for this campaign? Just looking to know what happens and when ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Noiram

Anyone have an email address for this campaign? Just looking to know what happens and when ?

Think it the same email we sent our applications to. Wont let me post the address!

My employer has been contacted for a reference and it has been submitted back. How long until I get a start date and contract?

Noiram wrote: »
    Think it the same email we sent our applications to. Wont let me post the address!

Will you dm me the email ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Silent night

cro2018@publicjobs.ie I think that is the one

Ted2015 wrote: »
    Anyone starting in GISC next week??

Ive just been emailed to say Ive been appointed and will hear from Garda HR ref next step. How long can this take?

Dory266 wrote: »
    Ive just been emailed to say Ive been appointed and will hear from Garda HR ref next step. How long can this take?

2-6 months

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Lenny45

Do you mind me asking what number you are on the OOM? Thanks.

Lenny45 wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking what number you are on the OOM? Thanks.

I was 3rd :)

2-6 months

:eek: 2-6 months?? God that's a very long time for your present employer to be aware of you expecting to leave.

:eek: 2-6 months?? God that's a very long time for your present employer to be aware of you expecting to leave.

Hi Dory,

For our group it took as long as 6 months for some. My advice would be not to speak to your existing employer until you’re at least through strand 2 of vetting. If you have lived at several addresses vetting can take a while & if you have lived abroad then it will take longer.
    I’m no expert on it at all just going on my own & colleagues experiences.

Anyone any idea on the numbers for Dublin and Waterford ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Saache

Hi, finally passed vetting stage for Dublin. Booked hearing test and references asked for from last employers... But I've been at home for last 18 months as career break/kids, so huge gap in CV... Does anyone know if this will be a problem!?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭mollycasey

Hi All,

I am oom #4 for Cork and wondering if anyone has experience of the waiting times here? Will i be contacted again re the vetting?

• Advertisement

Finally got my start date and contract.....Anyonelse starting the 16th of Sept in castlebar GISC?

Congrats. I'm no 16 for Castlebar and wondering how long ill be waiting. Havn't even started vetting yet! What number were you?

Trying to decide on taking Dublin position.. Can anyone tell me who's already taken position how they're finding it? Is the money as bad as first seems? How are the 12-hour shifts?

I was number 3 but I had vetting and all done months ago. maybe back last april.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Lenny45

Noiram wrote: »
    Congrats. I'm no 16 for Castlebar and wondering how long ill be waiting. Havn't even started vetting yet! What number were you?

I have also been giving number 16 for Castlebar, so not sure how that will work for us??, I also haven’t been contacted about vetting or next steps and was wondering how long it would take?

I just checked it there and its definitely 16 for Castlebar! Don't know if it makes a difference but I had Galway down as first choice and got no 20?? so I presume Ill be offered Castlebar. It seems to be a very long process.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Saache wrote: »
    Trying to decide on taking Dublin position.. Can anyone tell me who's already taken position how they're finding it? Is the money as bad as first seems? How are the 12-hour shifts?

Re your previous, CV gaps will not be a problem.

Re the above they money is the money. With shift allowance you'll eventually be on 50K with a decent pension 27 IIRC days holiday and job security.

All that's assuming you don't move up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Grodzilla

I did my interview in Feb then vetting took 5 months completed hearing test and submitted in July started in August so far tbh its only ok. I wouldn't describe it as a great job or anything getting 380 a week ( I haven't started shifts yet !) I am on a HSE panel also so if that comes up I will be leaving I think. If I'm being totally honest I don't know if it was worth all the hassle but I was earning good money in Dublin ( near 40K ) so the wage cut is massive for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Grodzilla

even with shift allowance its 29k

• Advertisement

Thanks for the advice.. Really unsure what to do. At the references stage now so I need to make a decision asap. I think the job will be interesting but the 4 x 12 hour shifts for the salary offered is a turn off. Even though long term benefits seem good.

Advertisement