Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow and Ice Warning : Saturday(PM)/Sunday 9th/10th December - SEE MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Same here, nor was I expecting any snow from this event. Very boring day here, not even that much rain either.
    Yourself and MT had it spot on so wasn't expecting it either.. though we did have pretty serious rain overnight. Kept me awake!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

yeah, temp in Cork city gone from 6 to 6.7!
    Very strange, netweather predicting snow about 15miles away yet temperatures here are still rising.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭giveitholly

No reports from Donegal yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Clear blue sky is heading south, clearance is about to pass overhead here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭sundodger5

Road between ballyvarry and Balla. Mayo. Nearly impassable. Snow had the trees weighed down so they were blocking the road in places. Not great when you meet another car..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

Still snowing away here in Portlaw Co Waterford. Temp is 1.7c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭kod87

well we reached a mighty 7cm here, but since I was expecting nothing I'll take it

still moderate snow here

Just looked again - temperature drop from 6.2 to 5.8 DegC literally in 5/6 min

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Bit of a streamer moving in southwestwards over Drogheda now. Dublin/Kildare's last hope of a flurry

It's over me right now producing graupel and schnitzel! That's about as wintry as its been !!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,677 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

The photography skills in here have a lot to be desired but the snow is amazing !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Sun is out and clouds clearing here just outside Newport, Mayo.

Croagh Patrick is just visible on the pic, to the right near the trees.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

The photography skills in here have a lot to be desired but the snow is amazing !

I'd say most are on mobile. I'm not heading out with the camera and then transfer them to pc for upload. It's white, clearly snow, job done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭johndeere3350

Just started snowing outside tralee

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Driving from Cork to Dublin, does anyone know what those roads are like? Of it there's an advisable time to actually drive at.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Sleet here in South tipp and temp 1c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

pilly wrote: »
    Sleet here in South tipp and temp 1c

Heavy snow now in Clonmel

Current Standings in County Cork, big temp differences on either side of the snow line.

5vprao.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Same here, nor was I expecting any snow from this event. Very boring day here, not even that much rain either.

You didn't miss much. Nice to see the snow falling this morning but it is of poor quality on the ground.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

There's a lot of water content in this snow so it's not going to be nice when it all thaws. Flooding will be an issue in places.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Samash

irishfeen wrote: »
    Nothing just SW of Mallow yet, temperature 6.2 DegC @ 200m ASL :eek:

Snowing heavy since, but not sticking. Temp was 4.5 about an hour before precip came. So fingers crossed it's headed your way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭GritBiscuit

There's a lot of water content in this snow so it's not going to be nice when it all thaws. Flooding will be an issue in places.

Just got a weather warning in from the Co Co re freezing - temps down as low as -8. With slushy snow that's a recipe for disaster/carnage on the roads come monday morning. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Snowman chilling before the thaw

Samash wrote: »
    Snowing heavy since, but not sticking. Temp was 4.5 about an hour before precip came. So fingers crossed it's headed your way!

Still 5.7 DegC, we might just be too far south, sun is even trying to brake through the cloud here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

'Ice pellets' on the Oak Park report - sounds painful

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

Finally, big wet flakes arrived at the Knockmealdowns! Temp dropped to 2degC.
    Coming your way Lismore, Cork even?

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Registered Users Posts: 21 LoxontheRox

lots of sleet/snow mix falling here - 3km north of Lisdoonvarna since 6am.....nice breeze too

• Registered Users Posts: 35,677 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

The thaw, but aren't we at the stage now where the wind is turning? The north wind will take over the whole country? I thought today was the day for the heavy snow, I can't keep up .

Rain has reached us here SW of Mallow - its just too warm for snow this far south :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Yeah think met eireann got this spot on,as well as mt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Snowing in Navan. Doubt it'll stick as the ground is very wet.

Advertisement