Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Victoria's Secret

Options
  • 05-12-2017 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭

I see the Victoria's Secret shop on Dublin's Grafton St. has finally opened. They've only been building it for the last 18 months or so. About 500 people queued up for the opening, and about 10 people protested for some reason.

I hope the staff are prepared to deal with clueless men: they'll go in to pick up something for their girlfriends, and the assistant will ask for her sizes ... "like you, but a bit more up top"? :o

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭9or10

Chore Lingerie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭Odhinn

bnt wrote: »
    I see the Victoria's Secret shop on Dublin's Grafton St. has finally opened. They've only been building it for the last 18 months or so. About 500 people queued up for the opening, and about 10 people protested for some reason.

I hope the staff are prepared to deal with clueless men: they'll go in to pick up something for their girlfriends, and the assistant will ask for her sizes ... "like you, but a bit more up top"? :o

Animal rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Armadillo

"like you, but a bit more up top"? :o

Like brainier or something...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭OnDraught

Odhinn wrote: »
    Animal rights.

Is it purely because they want to sell their wares in China?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Randy women on the prowl

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

OnDraught wrote: »

Khajit has wares if you have coin.

OnDraught wrote: »

haven't a clue, just heard it was animal rights.

Randy women on the prowl

Not really, they'd probably trample a man to death to get at the fancy knickers. Mad for them, so they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

Randy women on the prowl

Hose

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Odhinn wrote:
    haven't a clue, just heard it was animal rights.

Those poor rampant rabbits are bred in horrendous conditions!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Victoria's Secret products are tested on animals? I have an image of a rabbit in a cage wearing a camisole ... :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Photo of protestors:

1417024.jpg

Those poor rampant rabbits are bred in horrendous conditions!

I think they're more worried about beavers being trapped in these strange strappy contraptions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Odhinn wrote: »
    Animal rights.

"Free ZeBras!", eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Victoria's Secret products are tested on animals? I have an image of a rabbit in a cage wearing a camisole ... :cool:

Any excuse to post an Alan partridge quote:
    Alan: You threw a monkey in the sea?
    Michael: Well, it had eaten all my fags, man. It was a big packet of two-hundred duty-frees, like.
    Alan: You threw a monkey in the sea? That’s awful. I mean, I was fishing for some sort of funny story. That’s just upsetting.
    Michael: Well, you know, I wasn’t thinking straight. I just, kind of, got the red mist in front of my eyes and I just grabbed the monkey and hurled it in the sea.
    Alan: Will you stop saying you threw your monkey in the sea? All I can see is a monkey spinning towards the water.
    Michael: Well, it didn’t go straight in the water. It bounced off a rock.
    Alan: Oh, Michael. That is such a pointless death. At least when they experiment on them they get something out of it, a nice perfume or something.
    Michael: Aye. You know, I’ve often wondered, right, why is it that they put the perfume in the monkey’s eyes, right? Why not just put it on it’s wrist, like, you know, posh ladies in the department stores?
    Alan: It’s just cruel, isn’t it. Mind you, if you’ve been to Knowsley Safari Park and they’re pulling the wipers off your windscreen and nicking your hub caps, you lose sympathy.
    Michael: I’ll tell you what, maybe the monkeys is trying to collect enough parts together to make a complete car, right? And they’ll all just pile in it and break through the gates and escape.
    Alan: [Nods in agreement] It’s a frightening thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Seemingly the Stig knows Victoria's secret

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

Seemingly the Stig knows Victoria's secret

Maybe that's because Victoria is the Stig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

Well Victoria's Secret do have their gear produced under slave labour conditions in Bangladesh.

Something kind of unsexy about mounting a girl all garbed up in black lace that was put together by kids and starving mothers.

If we can have fair trade coffee, hormone free chicken and pretty damn uncontaminated mountain water then slutty corsets made by a skilled and well paid seamstress isn't out of the question.

Besides, their toggs are garbage anyway. The Burger King of lingerie.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Khajit has wares if you have coin.

I need more Khajit memes in my life

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

I staff are prepared to deal with clueless men: they'll go in to pick up something for their girlfriends, and the assistant will ask for her sizes ... "like you, but a bit more up top"? :o
    How original

• Advertisement

tupenny wrote: »
    How original
    How cynical. It's happened before and it's going to happen again, so what's "original" got to do with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

tupenny wrote: »
    How original
    How original

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I think I must be the only bloke in the world who just doesn't get the appeal of lingerie. Knickers are pretty much just knickers to me, I don't in any way get turned on by them.
    It's like getting a Christmas pressie (Christmas box:D) and being more impressed by the wrapping paper. Lingerie just get's in the way of what I'm interested in, my only interest in it is getting it off!

Maybe I'm one of these "new men", or maybe I'm just projecting, but I look at some those frilly contrapions and wonder how they'd survive a typical day. Sweating on a crowded train during rush hour, high speed walking to get to the office in time, being sat on for most of a day, then another hot commute. And that's before any kids are on the scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

I think I must be the only bloke in the world who just doesn't get the appeal of lingerie. Knickers are pretty much just knickers to me, I don't in any way get turned on by them.
    It's like getting a Christmas pressie (Christmas box:D) and being more impressed by the wrapping paper. Lingerie just get's in the way of what I'm interested in, my only interest in it is getting it off!

Get the knickers off, two pumps and done, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Men appreciate sexy Lingerie as much as dogs appreciate the colour of bowls their food arrives in .

OhHiMark wrote: »
    Get the knickers off, two pumps and done, right?

Not always....sometimes I'd just have a quickie:D

Men appreciate sexy Lingerie as much as dogs appreciate the colour of bowls their food arrives in .

Oh, apparently I'm not alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Weirdos; it's awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Chrongen wrote: »
    Well Victoria's Secret do have their gear produced under slave labour conditions in Bangladesh.

Something kind of unsexy about mounting a girl all garbed up in black lace that was put together by kids and starving mothers.

If we can have fair trade coffee, hormone free chicken and pretty damn uncontaminated mountain water then slutty corsets made by a skilled and well paid seamstress isn't out of the question.

Besides, their toggs are garbage anyway. The Burger King of lingerie.

So basically the protesters are the modern version of those who use to protest about McDonalds as a symbol of globalisation. I suppose Protesting outside McDonalds is too pedestrian and not sexy enough anymore. Then there was the Nestlé's and the baby milk protesters what every happened to them.

Advertisement