Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Victoria's Secret

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

topper75 wrote: »
    What do these bras and knickers do that the Dunnes and Penneys ones don't do?

Branding and hype.

Even though we are just 2 decades in, I feel this century is the century of hype. Style over substance at all times.

Get some pretty girls photographed in the newspapers with them on, and then claim that somehow makes them special.

Well if that indo article is anything to go by its seems that if you buy VS you're sticking it to the man by girls doing it for girls and being all empowered and stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

“I’m so excited to go shopping in Victoria’s Secret for some sexy undies”- said no big boobed woman ever.

Was in it ONCE in Toronto, never again. Stupid prices with a quality similar to, if not worse than penneys!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Big boobs you say?

Hmmm, interesting;)

Should be illegal to hide them under some frilly shít or other!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

They don't do any men's items

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

imme wrote: »
    They don't do any men's items

Dont be so binary :rolleyes:

/s

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Will 'the World's best soccer fans' drink outside the shop and cheer women when they come out? 'Cos they're maaad craic like!

VS undies look good on supermodels. The bag they came in is needed for other women (to cover her face).

A sexy woman needs not fancy panties.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

I love sexy underwear, I feel so much sexier in it. I turned into some sex crazed demon when I have some suspenders on. Hair up, glasses on, corset, stockings and suspenders.. ..get ready to be rode like a bull in a rodeo.

I think VC is quite overpriced and the quality isn't amazing. I probably won't ever shop there, Penneys actually have nice lingerie sometimes.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

We already have Ann Summers, and it's always empty. I don't see why people are losing their sh1t over pretty much the same thing.

Also, Penneys Secret Possessions range is just as nice at a tenth of the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,391 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

PandaPoo wrote: »
    I love sexy underwear, I feel so much sexier in it. I turned into some sex crazed demon when I have some suspenders on. Hair up, glasses on, corset, stockings and suspenders.. ..get ready to be rode like a bull in a rodeo.

I think VC is quite overpriced and the quality isn't amazing. I probably won't ever shop there, Penneys actually have nice lingerie sometimes.

I'm intrigues about the glasses what do they add!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

mariaalice wrote: »

My husband thinks they're sexy! I think it's the secretary/teacher look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,391 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

You will have to careful on AH, as everyone knows married people don't have sex like that its all boring miserableness or nonexistent once your married, you will be shattering their delusions!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

My missus is German and very practical and doesn't see the purpose of my sexy lingerie and babydoll negligee, she sees it the same way you do, something unnecessary to be taken off to get to the goodies :D

Not at all surprised to learn that.

There are a few oddities in our Anglo-speaking culture that we take for granted and do not apply elsewhere.

Spanish people I befriended some years back were highly amused to see adverts on Irish TV for branded toilet paper, extolling its virtues over other brands.

For them it was like seeing an advert for bin liners that boasted how shiny and black they were and how smart they made your rubbish look when you were tossing it in the wheelie bin.

They woke me up to something that I had taken for granted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

He's right.

I love when Mrs Sof wears nice undies/lingerie. It lifts in the right place, it hides (or doesn't) her feminine bits, it makes her feel good, it makes her feel sexy, it changes her from Mrs Sof (who has been married to me for 7 years and together 15) into naughty little Ms Whoever the **** she wants to be.

It's like unwrapping a gift. If someone just handed you a PS4, you'd be grateful. If someone handed you a box in fancy wrapping paper, sat you down, and proceeded to stranglefuck you with a discarded stocking, you'd be excited as ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Zulu wrote: »
    Dont be so binary :rolleyes:

/s
    Pop psychologist

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

imme wrote: »
    Pop psychologist

/s = end sarcasm
    merry christmas ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

“I’m so excited to go shopping in Victoria’s Secret for some sexy undies”- said no big boobed woman ever.

Was in it ONCE in Toronto, never again. Stupid prices with a quality similar to, if not worse than penneys!

Yes they're completely sh1t. And they stop at an E cup!! They're obviously masters of marketing hype though, judging by the queue on Grafton Street today. Baffling tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Victoria's Secret is a load of ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,258 ✭✭✭markpb

xzanti wrote: »
    We already have Ann Summers, and it's always empty. I don't see why people are losing their sh1t over pretty much the same thing.

I’m no expert but I don’t think they sell the same stuff. I’m sure you could buy knickers in Ann Summers but it’s probably not what they’re best known for.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,899 ✭✭✭✭anewme

mariaalice wrote: »

They help you see better when things are small

Advertisement