Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donor kebabs Yes or no???

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

+1 absolutely, pretty much the first thing I do when I get off the plane in germany is drink a beer on the street and have a kebab

Shouldn't that be Kebap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭OnDraught

Patww79 wrote: »
    How did this turn into 'I've been to Germany'?

I'm just back from Germany, haha. Anyway the Uber driver I had coming in from the airport reckons that the Turkish kebab places are becoming so popular that the McDonalds and Burger Kings are closing down.

When you can get a lovely fresh kebab and a beer for a fiver it's not hard to see why.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Shouldn't that be Kebap.
    Or kebop. Or Kepap. Or Dürüm (usually a wrap type).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    Because honestly that's where the best kebabs are. It's like talking about pizza and mentioning Italy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

I heard there is a good one somewhere on Dorset st somewhere though that is the genuine article.

That would be Pasha - it's servicable, not bad by any means but still not the genuine article. Try the Capel Kebab House on Capel Street too - again, not the genuine article but likely as close as you are going to get here.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,327 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I once ate half a kebab and threw the rest at a tree.

Basically, kebabs are drunk food. You only eat them when you're super drunk and your body knows when it's had enough and will subconsciously make you throw the rest away, most likely at a nearby tree.

Source: One really drunk night I had

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Donor - yes
    Doner - yes, also

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭thejaguar

I once bought a kebab on the street in Istanbul. Was with the wife and not particularly hungry so we decided to share one between us. Cue my favourite ever food experience:

Me: Could I have a kebab please?
    Kebab Seller: Two kebabs (points at me and my wife).
    Me: No thanks, just the one - we're not all that hungry....
    Kebab Seller: Two kebabs (starts making two kebabs and feigning poor english)
    Me: Eh, that's ok... I'll eh....

I thoroughly enjoyed both kebabs - better by far than any kebab I've ever eaten in Ireland. And cost me about €3 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

thejaguar wrote: »

I thoroughly enjoyed both kebabs - better by far than any kebab I've ever eaten in Ireland. And cost me about €3 I think.

Including the flight?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Don't like Donor kebabs myself but my friends love them. Remember a few years ago me and my friends went to Galway for a weekend away. One of my mates got it into his head that he could eat three donor kebabs. He had actually eaten two donor kebabs one night in the past so we wondered if he could beat his record. Sure enough on the Saturday night we went out on the lash and we stopped off at this place on Eyre Square. We made a bet with him that he couldn't eat three donor kebabs. He ate the first donor kebab but only got half way through the second one before he gave up. The third one another friend of mine took and ate because it had always been his plan to take the third one knowing full well my friend wouldn't be able to finish a third one. Then of course my friend ended up puking it all up afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

lawred2 wrote: »
    veal?

I have heard that yes, lame animals etc

• Registered Users Posts: 22,241 ✭✭✭✭endacl

You can’t beat Iskanders!
    You can beat Iskander's quite handily with the application of a sneaky Zaytoon.

:p

Advertisement