Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donor kebabs Yes or no???

Options
  • 05-12-2017 8:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

Had one last nite for supper, seemed a good idea at the time , I now realize that they are in fact pure evil my arse is in bits I’m up since 6 on the toilet. Please stay away from this evil food.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Your not supposed to put them up your arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,150 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Often said to be some of the worst quality 'meat' you can eat.

Only made nice by huge quantities of salt, seasoning and sauces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

I'd take a donor heart but not a donor kebab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Sounds like your immune system rejected it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭house45

I was starving at the time and fancied something else for a change

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

house45 wrote: »
    . Please stay away from this evil food.

Stay away from whatever mingin shop you bought it in!
    Donor is great!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Ah you’ll be grand!

I love a donor kebab. Wouldn’t eat one on a Monday though. The meat was probably on the spit since Saturday night!

You can’t beat Iskanders!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Donor kebabs are manna from the gods. They're savage. I hate the reputation they have as just being good when drunk. This is wrong. Also, I'm not gonna be that fella that says "ah you have to get them from the right authentic Turkish place because all you're getting other wise is muck". I love them from chippers, Zaytoon and even abrakebra. The independent spots are fantastic too.

Long live doner kebabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Food poisoning me rarely hits within 12hrs, would have to be 100% rancid. Leave the Donner alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,524 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Shish Kebab in a naan or pitta or nothing. Most doners don't even contain lamb, its chicken and beef ffs. Entrails offal skin and fat. Lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Doner kebabs are magnificent. You couldn't bate them with a shtick!

Had one on Saturday, I want another one now!

Read a very troubling article last week, claiming the EU wants to ban their sale. Something about the delicious phosphates causing cancer or some other bullshít reason.

I can see the appeal of brexit all of a sudden.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Read a very troubling article last week, claiming the EU wants to ban their sale. Something about the delicious phosphates causing cancer or some other bullshít reason.

I can see the appeal of brexit all of a sudden.:D

Was that article in the Daily Mail or Daily Express? - the two most hsyerical sensationalist rags on earth where truth and journalism simply do not exist.

If you believe the sh1te in those rags you can't have citrus fruits or anything with cirtrus in it (Limonene - naturally occuring), you can't eat minced beef, you can't have house plants in your home, you can't have toast, you can't have bacon and sausage, you can't have sliced meats etc etc etc.

I wonder what they cancer scare story will be this Januiary (its always January - slow news month)

As for Doner Kebab - yum yum about once a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

CeilingFly wrote: »
    Was that article in the Daily Mail or Daily Express? - the two most hsyerical sensationalist rags on earth where truth and journalism simply do not exist.

How about the Guardian? - https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/dec/01/for-pittas-sake-eu-parliament-threatens-to-make-doner-kebab-a-goner

I'd never touch a "lamb" kebab. When I'm really drunk I might chance a "chicken" one but always regret it.

Chips'n'pitta, wahey!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

When you get the ones with that compressed lump of doner meat on a spit like in a chipper or abrakebabra they are crap. When you get the ones with actual pieces of lamb or chicken skewered in layers on the rotating spit, that's where it's at.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,178 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Donor kebabs Yes or no???

No! It's like song.. Donor make my brown eyes blue.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Donor kebab, no salad, just meat. Mmmmmm.

CeilingFly wrote: »
    Was that article in the Daily Mail or Daily Express? .

Worser boss.

Ladbible - Which I'm sure you'll agree is a name that shines like a beacon of truth, illuminating a safe path through the fog which blankets modern journalism.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Donor kebab, no salad, just meat. Mmmmmm.

Gerup owra da.

The kebabs you buy off the turks in germany are full of shredded cabbage and tomatoes and some kinda pickled veg, makes it a reasonably not too unhealthy option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Like the kebab meat from Zaytoon but never seen another kebab place selling doners where the meat looked, or even tasted, anywhere near as good.

Mostly it just looks like some hydrogenated anemic meat substitute.

Read a very troubling article last week, claiming the EU wants to ban their sale. Something about the delicious phosphates causing cancer or some other bullshreason
    Islamophobia pure and simple

Islamophobia pure and simple

it's-lamb-o-phobia :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,065 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Zaytoon's all the way. Only been there once and what a feast it was. I licked the plate clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,353 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

The bog standard chip shop version of kebab is dreadful.

The like of zaytoon or Iskander is tolerable I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Sounds like a bad case of having the ring of sting

• Registered Users Posts: 15,353 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Kinda ironic that Abrakebabra seem to point to kebabs as their speciality but they are without doubt one of the worst mank kebabs on sale

• Registered Users Posts: 24,295 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

When I was living in Germany - there was this Turkish chap who had a little kebab shop on the corner. Never seen a place so impeccably kept. Shining aluminium work surfaces. Sparkling glass everywhere. The lad must have spent hours every day keeping the place clean.

And then the freshest of salads and vegetables for his kebabs. The meat was the real deal - not that homogeneous lump of congealed crap you'd see in the likes of Abrakebabra.. Spiced by himself.

Made his own chilli and white sauces as well.

€5 a kebab with a drink.

I'd nearly travel back there again just for the kebab.

• Advertisement

Kinda ironic that Abrakebabra seem to point to kebabs as their speciality but they are without doubt one of the worst mank kebabs on sale
    It's true. But everything they produce is poison. In fairness I haven't been in there in years, maybe it's improved in the last decade.

Advertisement