Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saorview frequencies reshuffle (700 MHz clearence)

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭kazoo106

DVB-T does not tolerate co channel interference - as demonstrated by Divis and 3Rock on 30. RTE should sync Truskmore and CC. There are large areas of overlap where antennas cannot get the 25db signal difference between both sites

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Elvis Hammond

kazoo106 wrote: »
    DVB-T does not tolerate co channel interference ...

That statement on its own is meaningless: doesn't it perform within the limits set by the signal parameters used, & hence the network planning?

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Souriau

Aren't those dBm readings negative (minus) numbers? So the reading for CC is higher, not lower.

The new frequencies must just work better in non-LOS conditions.

Sorry, my mistake, it is dBuV not dbm. CC is reading 71.5dBuV

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Hibrasil

Maghera Transmitter channel change:

Not my problem - a friend in need with little technical know how - Frequencies changed from 48 & 55 to 46 & 48;

She has reported a loss of RTE 1 - and while I've tried to talk her through a re-tune it has not been successful.

i would appreciate if somebody could clarify what stations are now being broadcast on the new frequency (46) and should she have lost more than RTE 1 with frequency 48 going off the air.
    (my transmitter is Three Rock)

Thanks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,481 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Hibrasil wrote: »
    She has reported a loss of RTE 1 - and while I've tried to talk her through a re-tune it has not been successful.

i would appreciate if somebody could clarify what stations are now being broadcast on the new frequency (46) and should she have lost more than RTE 1 with frequency 48 going off the air.

Maghera
    Mux 1 - UHF 48
    Mux 2 - UHF 46
    (RTÉ One, RTÉ2 +1, Virgin Media 3, RTÉ Junior, RTÉ One +1, Saorview Information, Radio Maria Ireland)

See here for the live list of channels carried on each mux - http://www.digitalbitrate.com/dtv.php?lang=en&liste=2&live=15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Hibrasil

The Cush wrote: »
    Maghera
    Mux 1 - UHF 48
    Mux 2 - UHF 46
    (RTÉ One, RTÉ2 +1, Virgin Media 3, RTÉ Junior, RTÉ One +1, Saorview Information, Radio Maria Ireland)

Thanks - grateful for reply :)

Advertisement