Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Katy French

Options
  • 03-12-2017 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

What no Katy French thread?? She must be important if she still makes the front page of the national supermarket newsletter.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

What no Katy French thread?? She must be important if she still makes the front page of the national supermarket newsletter.

Wut?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

OP

Dissappointed you have not referenced the subject's website

http://www.katyfrench.ie

YOU are no better than 'The Star' "newspaper" which had a front cover about her yesterday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 67 ✭✭LewisR

Who's Katy French?

Haven't bought a newspaper in about 5 years. Overpriced garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

'When she wanted something she was gonna get it; she would never take no for an answer'

Aye, including a quarter stone of coke. Ate it and all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I thought she died from a drugs overdose or who am I mixing her up with?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    'When she wanted something she was gonna get it; she would never take no for an answer'

Aye, including a quarter stone of coke. Ate it and all

There might be some substance to the fact just somewhere for that OP. Just sayin'.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭TheDavester

The original Vogue Williams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

The original Vogue Williams

What, was she a multiple grand slam winner or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The bogger Paris Hilton.

A candle still burns on the web for her http://www.katyfrench.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,349 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I'm sure she was a very nice person but I didn't think she was that famous that she would still be talked about 10 years after her death.

She risked her life taking cocaine and paid the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

She risked her life taking cocaine and paid the price.

The ultimate price, you could say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

She wanted drugs, she knew the risks. She died. End of story, shes not a martyr or a victim.

I'm also quite sure that thousands more people died of drug overdoses 10 years ago, cant seem to see the article about them though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

the wolf makes an appearance this morning

https://www.thesun.ie/news/1882410/tragic-katy-frenchs-drug-fixer-kieron-the-wolf-ducie-admits-he-still-indulges-in-hardcore-partying-ten-years-on-from-her-death/#

he really has no shame..sounds like a complete idiot too with his new tattoo

in the article he talks about losing weight and having a personal trainer. he looks fcuked though...really unhealthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Ireland hasn't been the same without her...

She wanted drugs, she knew the risks. She died. End of story, shes not a martyr or a victim.

I'm also quite sure that thousands more people died of drug overdoses 10 years ago, cant seem to see the article about them though...

Actually this post reminds me of an article I read at the time about 2 other people who died from drugs the same week as KF and barely a mention of it, only difference was they were poor people.

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    The ultimate price, you could say.

Yes that's true.

Cocaine seems to have been the drug the people made rich during the celtic tiger days like to use, she was no different to other who gambled with their lives by putting it up their noses.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Actually this post reminds me of an article I read at the time about 2 other people who died from drugs the same week as KF and barely a mention of it, only difference was they were poor people.

Exactly. The media control who we feel sorry for, who are victims etc when in reality she wanted drugs just like anyone who wanted drugs and died as a result. Shame that the media deemed her more important than any other soul. I don't even know what made her rich? Rich family?

As for that Ducie guy hes living in a bubble- working for his daddy his whole life, never had to make his own way in life, absolute nobody. The media should be ignoring him not giving him publicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

arayess wrote: »
    the wolf makes an appearance this morning

https://www.thesun.ie/news/1882410/tragic-katy-frenchs-drug-fixer-kieron-the-wolf-ducie-admits-he-still-indulges-in-hardcore-partying-ten-years-on-from-her-death/#

he really has no shame..sounds like a complete idiot too with his new tattoo

in the article he talks about losing weight and having a personal trainer. he looks fcuked though...really unhealthy.

I doubt many people would look much better after being hounded by her family trying to pin her actions on them for the best part of a decade.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

What is drugs?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,685 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Katy French was a young upcoming Irish model. Leave her alone. I felt like I knew her when she died and felt sad for her and her family. Yes she was very stupid to take drugs and she paid for it with her life. The reason the media cover her more than other people that died of drugs is because she was part of the media you could say and so lots of people who read or watch it got a little insight into her life. She would do photo shoots for papers and they would get to take pics and talk to her get interviews etc.
    I don,t think the average family wants the media to be constantly on there backs. They want there loved ones to be able to rest in piece and too remember there family member as they knew them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

I remember it like yesterday.. if that is how quickly 10 years goes, then life is very short!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

It wasn't the only differnece and you know it. Whether you like it or not, she was a well known person, possibly even a "celebrity" . Most non well known people don't get an article in the paper when they die so the fact you heard of it at all is fairly out of the ordinary.

Presumably when a member of your family die you bemoan the rest of the family for not thinking of all the people that died in Africa that day?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,024 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Two clueless young lads who ate a rake of coke and died at one of their own birthday party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

2 young people in Waterford died in the same week as her, possibly from the same batch of coke. It was shortly after the big seizure in Dunlough Bay, and most likely a stray bale made its way to shore and was found. It wasn't mixed, or wasn't mixed enough before being sold on resulting in the deaths as it was so pure.

That's the long and short of it. She took the same risk as tens of thousands or young Irish people that weekend and unfortunately a few of them paid for it with their lives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

She took a product that is illegal and causes untold harm and grief to people worldwide be they users or those who are caught up in it's production and distribution. She took the risk and is a loss to nobody but her family and friends.

I don't do drugs as it's a question of morals for me but people who take it and those who are well off in particular are complete scum. You'll often hear toffs talk down about people who live in working class communities the same communities that have been ravaged by the effects of drugs and where people live in fear of the local drug runners but yet they are only to happy to get coked out of their mind when they please.

These are the worst kind of people, the Katie French's, the Gerry Ryan's of this this world and yes the others we all know about who virtue signal from their gated estates with 24/7 private security and instant reaction from the Gardai to any crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,190 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

AMKC wrote: »
    Katy French was a young upcoming Irish model. Leave her alone. I felt like I knew her when she died...

How much did you or anyone else really know though? She seemed to have a knack for handling tabloid media and leveraging fame into more fame and opportunities for the limelight. But when you consider the grimy facts of her situation - a woman in her early twenties hanging out with men nearly twice her age coked out of her bin. How much of that came through into the tabloid domain?

A grim end to a grim story.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,024 ✭✭✭Odhinn

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    How much did you or anyone else really know though? She seemed to have a knack for handling tabloid media and leveraging fame into more fame and opportunities for the limelight. But when you consider the grimy facts of her situation - a woman in her early twenties hanging out with men nearly twice her age coked out of her bin. How much of that came through into the tabloid domain?

A grim end to a grim story.

The indo/sindo made her one of those "celebrities" they like to feature, other 'notables' including Gerald Keane.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Grayditch wrote: »
    Ireland hasn't been the same without her...

Our Diana.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,754 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

A little bit of respect for the dead would be nice. It's not like she was a mass-murderer or a paedophile or whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,432 ✭✭✭droidman123

A little bit of respect for the dead would be nice. It's not like she was a mass-murderer or a paedophile or whatever.

They are all different types of crimes,but one thing paedophiles,mass murderers and junkies have in common is they all cause untold misery for people

Advertisement