Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

PM operators are really sloppy. A picture of your workbench is no good to me foks.

"Hi, as you are a business, this isn’t a Consumer Issue. I’ll move it instead to the Online Buting & Auctions forum.

dudara"

Hi, sorry, but who is this comment aimed at?

You. dudara moved it from CI to OB&A and Whiterebel merged it with the main PM thread where all PM related queries go.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

"Hi, as you are a business, this isn’t a Consumer Issue. I’ll move it instead to the Online Buting & Auctions forum.

dudara"

Hi, sorry, but who is this comment aimed at?

The Mod moved it over here, as it seems to be a business question, rather than a consumer one.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 IrelandWest Hillwalking

whiterebel wrote: »
    The Mod moved it over here, as it seems to be a business question, rather than a consumer one.

Hi, I'm not a business. And, most definitely a consumer issue! But something seems to have worked, yesterday I got a email reply saying the matter is being looked into, it may be coincidence, but I doubt it. Bad news travels faster than good. So... fingers crossed!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Hi, I'm not a business, in fact, I'm a full time student. And, most definitely a consumer issue! But something seems to have worked, yesterday I got a email reply saying the matter is being looked into, it may be coincidence, but I doubt it. Bad news travels faster than good. So... fingers crossed!

When you said “my customer” a couple of times, I’d have thought a business to, to be honest.

When you said “my customer” a couple of times, I’d have thought a business to, to be honest.

Yes, I suppose so, I can see how someone would. Best term I could think of for someone who buys off me (privately) on Adverts. But I am not a business!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

I have a parcel arrived the depot on 9 Apr and I am still waiting for them to arrive my local locker...anyone experience the slow service lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭skydish79

seraphimvc wrote: »
    I have a parcel arrived the depot on 9 Apr and I am still waiting for them to arrive my local locker...anyone experience the slow service lately?

yeah took them over a week to pick up a package

• Registered Users Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Received the 'your parcel is ready for collection' and a 'you have 24 hours to collect your parcel' texts/emails within minutes of each other.

Have tried to contact PM by FB, Twitter and email, no response.

Hope this is not a change of policy, 24 hrs to collect parcel instead of 48. :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Kat1170 wrote: »
    Received the 'your parcel is ready for collection' and a 'you have 24 hours to collect your parcel' texts/emails within minutes of each other.

Have tried to contact PM by FB, Twitter and email, no response.

Hope this is not a change of policy, 24 hrs to collect parcel instead of 48. :mad::mad:

Their twitter earlier posted about tech difficulties yesterday. That may have triggered it.

My parcel delivery has seemingly dissapeared in to Parcel Motels 'black hole', wherever that is. 19 days ago it was sent from Galway to Nenagh. They never provided me with any notification at time of sending. Tracking was strange, saying it was in Galway, Limerick, Dublin, and eventually Nenagh. But my customer never got any notification of it being ready for pickup. Customer service say its there, in Nenagh. My customer has been there repeatedly... it is not there. The store says nothing has come in. He has never yet received any notifications. Customer sevice say he has... but they also told me I had (and I have not!). Customer service is now ignoring my emails. Does anyone at this company know what the blazes is going on? Or, more to the point, care?

Mod merge.

Just to update this... PM say they may have delivered to the wrong town, Thurles, instead of Nenagh. It is now over a month since this 'delivery' started. It is over a week (9 days) since they said they may have mis-delivered the package. It is a week since they last contacted me, despite my sending two emails asking for an update. Anyone thinking of using PM? Please do not. Run away as fast as you can. Pay more for a company that will actually deliver your package. Pay more for a company that will answer your queries if something does go wrong.

• Advertisement

How does parcel motel work please,if I wanted to order something from England and they won't deliver to Ireland ,how do I get that item here .also what do I need to sign up.

It doesnt. I've sent a parcel over 4 weeks ago. They have no idea where it is. :mad: Use someone else....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,376 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

It doesnt. I've sent a parcel over 4 weeks ago. They have no idea where it is. :mad: Use someone else....

Were you returning a product via PM? They have a poor reputation for that service but for inbound packages which I've ordered from the UK, I've never had a problem with them.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057858861

coylemj wrote: »
    Were you returning a product via PM? They have a poor reputation for that service but for inbound packages which I've ordered from the UK, I've never had a problem with them.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057858861
    No, sending a package from Galway to Nenagh. My package has disapeared without trace :mad:.
    Firstly, I was never sent any initial notification of posting. They say I was!
    I was told my addressee in Nenagh was sent a notification of pick up. He never received any. All this took several weeks. Then they admitted (9 days ago) that they may have sent it to the wrong town- Thurles, instead of Nenagh. Now they wont answer my mails... I have sent two since their last to me 7 days ago. This affair is now going on for over 4 weeks (posted on 15th March). :eek:

How does parcel motel work please,if I wanted to order something from England and they won't deliver to Ireland ,how do I get that item here .also what do I need to sign up.

My advice would be to use An Post 'Address Pal' or DPD 'Parcel Wizard'. Both have details online. I have used both, a lot... excellent results every time.

Just to update this... PM say they may have delivered to the wrong town, Thurles, instead of Nenagh. It is now over a month since this 'delivery' started. It is over a week (9 days) since they said they may have mis-delivered the package. It is a week since they last contacted me, despite my sending two emails asking for an update. Anyone thinking of using PM? Please do not. Run away as fast as you can. Pay more for a company that will actually deliver your package. Pay more for a company that will answer your queries if something does go wrong.

Unfortunately with the race to the bottom in the industry, chances are they will all be exactly the same. If you have a look through the competitor threads on here, you’ll find stories almost identical to your own.

Unfortunately with the race to the bottom in the industry, chances are they will all be exactly the same. If you have a look through the competitor threads on here, you’ll find stories almost identical to your own.

Perhaps, but I have to say that I have never had a problem with DPD (yet!). Disclaimer: I dont work for them! But I agree- several of the lower cost courier firms have similar track record, but I have yet to find one as difficult to pin down as Parcel Motel. With only an email and (premium rate) phone number as a way of contacting them, they are particularly bad. They are so far down the bottom rung of that ladder... they out of sight!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Parcel Motel will deliver your package if you pay more...

My advice would be to use An Post 'Address Pal' or DPD 'Parcel Wizard'. Both have details online. I have used both, a lot... excellent results every time.

Have you ever used Parcel Motel to have a package delivered from the UK to you in the Republic? That is the service offered by those companies you mention.

I don't get how your bad single experience with PM (actually their owner, Nightline couriers) delivering a package from Galway to Nenagh means that the rest of us should steer clear of Parcel Motel. Like I said, I have used PM loads of times and never had a single issue.

I seriously doubt that you have never had an issue with DPD, they use freelance drivers and their service is highly variable, which is putting it mildly.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Parcel motel gets a thumbs down from me purely for the delays I encountered over the Christmas of 2016 when all the lockers were full for 3 weeks and I had a back log of deliveries

Had that problem myself but I think it's unfair to use that as a basis for a 'thumbs down' - they were a victim of their own success. It's simply not economic to provision additional locker space that will be needed only for a few peak weeks in the year.

In fairness, they did attempt to provide relief as for example, they created a 'pop-up' collection point in Kilmacud Croke's GAA club where I was able to pick up a couple of deliveries that were delayed because my regular collection point was full. Shows they were making an effort, even though it required two employees to sit there for the entire day until about 9 p.m., at some cost you'd assume.
    OmegaGene wrote: »
    The return system is absolute crap two items I sent back went missing for weeks

No arguments there - that PM service gets consistently slated on boards.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

yeah i had to pick up parcels from a van they parked up beside the lockers for a while at one stage. maybe it was xmas as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 This2ShallPass

You register on their website, then they will provide you with your own identification code for the warehouse and their address in Northern Ireland. Once you have selected what you would like to purchase and have reached the address part of the checkout process you will need to enter the full address they will provide you with which will include your own traceable code.
    I have used them a few times for receiving and sending packages specially for amazon and never had any issues.

The best of luck with whichever service you chose to go with!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thread moved from Consumer Issues and merged into the Parcel Motel megathread

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

seraphimvc wrote: »

still waiting for my parcel since it arrived at their depot on 9 Apr. Whats going on there. Hope they answer their twitter message :S

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

sugarman wrote: »
    Has anyone used the return service?

Havent used PM since PW started their service but looking to avail of the return service they offer.

I've bought an item off ebay and need to return it, the seller has given me a prepaid RoyalMail label to print out and return to any RoyalMail post office. Problem being im in the Republic.

I see on their site when Im logged in, theres a "Return To a Retailer or use a prepaid label" option on the returns and on the dropdown menu they have RoyalMail listed.

Might sound stupid, but is that it? Will return it via this? :o

Don't use PM for returns if you absolutely don't have to. PayPal will refund you the return costs (up to 12/year AFAIR).

https://www.paypal.com/ie/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

sugarman wrote: »
    Thanks, I saw that, but its complicated since I used PM to avail of free UK shipping and free returns.

It is not. Ask the vendor for address and ship it there.

Use a courier broker if your parcel is big - you should not pay more than €25 for 20kg parcel. You can also use PM - but just use it to ship to UK address, not to avail of their forward-to-Royal-mail service.

Why not?! They might loose your parcel, keep claiming it was handled to Royal Mail, but you will have no proof of that happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

I just spotted that you can have parcels dropped to your chosen/preferred place now as well as a Motel. When did this come in? I don't remember getting an email about it... Was using Parcel Wizard cos they offered this.

Other question is at what point can you redirect the parcel in question? Before it gets to the hub or after? Does it ask on a case by case delivery? I have be a big carton on the way so I just want to redirect it this one time only.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭pfx1942

You can change this from settings page.

There is 3 options.

1. Parcel motel only,
    2. Home only,
    3. Parcel motel for all standard sized and home for oversized items.

As far as I know, you have to change this before parcel gets to hub.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

god's toy wrote: »
    I just spotted that you can have parcels dropped to your chosen/preferred place now as well as a Motel. When did this come in? I don't remember getting an email about it... Was using Parcel Wizard cos they offered this.

Other question is at what point can you redirect the parcel in question? Before it gets to the hub or after? Does it ask on a case by case delivery? I have be a big carton on the way so I just want to redirect it this one time only.

I used it in December so before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

So my delivery was cancelled. On the login to the website it just says 'cancelled', on contacting the reps over email they say the 'label was cancelled'

What label is this now? Anyone have any ideas why said label would be cancelled?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

MOD: MERGED

Advertisement