Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

Any reason why I can't send a parcel to the UK?
    I can put in a UK number but when you click on country, only Ireland is available even though there is a drop down?

What am I missing?

2TTaHU4.png

Is something to do with import declarations that the UK are bringing in post Brexit. I’ve seen a good few eu sellers stop selling into the uk.

He’s copy from Dutch bike bits:

Brexit

Unfortunately, we will not be able to send parcels to the UK from mid December 2020 onward. Quite apart from uncertainty surrounding the shipping cost, taxation etc. after that time, there is also a problem caused by the British government deciding to impose a unique taxation regime which will require every company in the world in every country in the world outside the UK which exports to the UK to apply and collect British taxes on behalf of the British government. For providing this service they intend to charge a fee to every company in the world in every country in the world which exports to the UK. Clearly this is ludicrous for one country, but imagine if every country in the world had the same idea. If every country decided to behave in the same way then we would have to pay 195 fees every year, keep up with the changes in taxation law for 195 different countries, keep accounts on behalf of 195 different countries and submit payments to 195 tax offices in 195 different countries, and jump through whatever hoops were required to prove that we were doing all of this honestly and without any error.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

whiterebel wrote: »
    Shops who ship online will take out........wait for it........Insurance. They claim, and the insurance goes after UPS.

Parcel Motel obviously have insurance also.

If PM sign for a parcel which later mysteriously disappears in the Finglas Triangle they should make it right with the customer and cover the cost.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

46 Long wrote: »
    Parcel Motel obviously have insurance also.

If PM sign for a parcel which later mysteriously disappears in the Finglas Triangle they should make it right with the customer and cover the cost.

They do for €100. Take out extra cover or don’t use them, or anyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Akesh

whiterebel wrote: »
    That’s exactly what you pay them for. Like almost everyone else they offer a limited liability included in their price. You want full liability cover? Insure it yourself.

Yes, I'm aware of that. They aren't legally required to pay a cent if they lose, destroy, steal a package. Perhaps you would have been happier if I said it was the law in this area that is the problem.

If you pay for a service you should receive that service. Defending these practices is a bit bemusing...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭newmember2

Have used parcelmotel since it started and always found it a great service until just now before Christmas where they received an Amazon UK order that came in 3 boxes. They delivered the 3 boxes on three different days charging me a locker for each box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

newmember? wrote: »
    Have used parcelmotel since it started and always found it a great service until just now before Christmas where they received an Amazon UK order that came in 3 boxes. They delivered the 3 boxes on three different days charging me a locker for each box.

That's down to Amazon not PM.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Haha I can go one better. I ordered something my dad saw on a TV ad. Feickers started sending me flyers then to my parcel motel!

That's down to amazon not PM.

It's not, there was ONE delivery to PM, although don't get me started on Amazon - does anyone know where the setting is to opt out of partial deliveries??

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Fallonben

I ordered a package from the UK on 11th December and gave my virtual PM address. Delivery was delayed in the UK and I got a confirmation email that it was delivered to my PM Newtownabbey address on Xmas eve morning. Since then I have heard nothing from Parcel Motel. I've emailed them several times as I know their 28th December date for using Newtownabbey has now passed, but my parcel was delivered there on 24th Dec???? I honestly don't know what to do to try to get to the bottom of this. Has anyone had any luck contacting PM with a similar situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It's not, there was ONE delivery to PM.

If it came in THREE different boxes that is THREE different deliveries, it is not Parcel Motels problem it is due to Amazon splitting the order which happens plenty of times even if you pick group my items together or pick the day you want them delivered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,850 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Fallonben wrote: »
    I ordered a package from the UK on 11th December and gave my virtual PM address. Delivery was delayed in the UK and I got a confirmation email that it was delivered to my PM Newtownabbey address on Xmas eve morning. Since then I have heard nothing from Parcel Motel. I've emailed them several times as I know their 28th December date for using Newtownabbey has now passed, but my parcel was delivered there on 24th Dec???? I honestly don't know what to do to try to get to the bottom of this. Has anyone had any luck contacting PM with a similar situation?
    It's Christmas you know...

.. give it a few more days.

It was accepted before the cut-off so you'll get it when their services resume.

Yeh, I'm in the same boat with another delivery. I might try and call into them tomorrow when I'm out in Finglas.

Basq wrote: »
    It's Christmas you know...

.. give it a few more days.

It was accepted before the cut-off so you'll get it when their services resume.

Thanks for your reply!

It's not, there was ONE delivery to PM.

It very much is...

Amazon shipped your order in three individual boxes. Being delivered to PM together or not is irreverent.

As far as PM were concerned it was three individual packages & rightly so.

Do you really expect PM with the volume they are dealing with to check each individual address to ensure they combine those with the same address into one consignment? I don't think so.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Xenji wrote: »
    If it came in THREE different boxes that is THREE different deliveries, it is not Parcel Motels problem it is due to Amazon splitting the order which happens plenty of times even if you pick group my items together or pick the day you want them delivered.

It came in one delivery in 3 boxes from the Amazon marketplace seller, it wasn't the case of Amazon splitting the order - if it was then there would have been more than one delivery.

Yeh, I'm in the same boat with another delivery. I might try and call into them tomorrow when I'm out in Finglas.

Did you get confirmation from them to say it was in Newtownabbey?

It very much is...

Amazon shipped your order in three individual boxes. Being delivered to PM together or not is irreverent.

As far as PM were concerned it was three individual packages & rightly so.

Do you really expect PM with the volume they are dealing with to check each individual address to ensure they combine those with the same address into one consignment? I don't think so.

So you're telling me that if you order something and the consignment comes in two boxes you expect to pay twice??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It came in one delivery in 3 boxes from the Amazon marketplace seller, it wasn't the case of Amazon splitting the order - if it was then there would have been more than one delivery.

Parcel Motel charge by package not by delivery and have always done so, its not that difficult to get your head around.

So you're telling me that if you order something and the consignment comes in two boxes you expect to pay twice??

Correct, absolutely. PM are not in the business of babysitting or holding your hand because you're afraid of the dark.

They receive packages on your behalf & forward them onto you. You pay for each package and that is that.

Xenji wrote: »
    Parcel Motel charge by item not by delivery and have always done so, its not that difficult to get your head around.

It's not about getting my head around anything, where does it say they charge by item and not by delivery? I'm sure in all the years I've had another delivery with more than one box and I don't remember this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

It's not about getting my head around anything, where does it say they charge by item and not by delivery? I'm sure in all the years I've had another delivery with more than one box and I don't remember this.

I've never had two parcels put into one locker if that's what you're implying they should do.

""PM are not in the business of babysitting or holding your hand because you're afraid of the dark.".

What are you...12?

JeffKenna wrote: »
    I've never had two parcels put into one locker if that's what you're implying they should do.

No, I would've thought that I'd collect it from the depot as it was too big to fit in a locker.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

It's been clearly stated in their FAQs from day 1.

If you go into the post office to post something that you've split between two separate boxes, you're going to pay separately for each box. Which makes sense. No difference with PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

I had a delivery to the N. Irish PM address on Christmas Eve and heard nothing until today, when I got an email to say my parcel is now in the Dublin depot and will be delivered to my local locker soon.
    I did send a DM to their Instagram account today but figured it was Christmas and there was delays.
    Hopefully you’ll hear word very soon.

What are you...12?

Was one of your items a shovel by any chance?

Someone from PM needs to call round to you & take that shovel off you...

b58615c3ca.gif

Did you get confirmation from them to say it was in Newtownabbey?

I can't remember tbh...I always delete those mails!!...lol

It came in 3 boxes from the Amazon marketplace seller.

There you go, take it up with the Amazon marketplace seller.

I had a delivery to the N. Irish PM address on Christmas Eve and heard nothing until today, when I got an email to say my parcel is now in the Dublin depot and will be delivered to my local locker soon.
    I did send a DM to their Instagram account today but figured it was Christmas and there was delays.
    Hopefully you’ll hear word very soon.

That's brilliant news, thanks a million for replying! Fingers crossed I'll hear something soon too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭VG31

Akesh wrote: »
    Yes, I'm aware of that. They aren't legally required to pay a cent if they lose, destroy, steal a package. Perhaps you would have been happier if I said it was the law in this area that is the problem.

If you pay for a service you should receive that service. Defending these practices is a bit bemusing...

It's no different to sending something through the post or any courier. If you use An Post standard post and they lose it (very unlikely but still possible), you get €0 in compensation.

Likewise if you send something abroad by registered post the liability is usually €150 I think. So if the item costs €500 you only get €150.

Advertisement