Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭emy

tedpan wrote: »
    It takes up to four days from landing in belfast to get to the locker at the moment.
    Yes, you are right, on the 8th evening was shipped, on the 12th at 11am arrived in Belfast and, a few minutes ago I got an email saying, the parcel has arrived at Parcel motel HQ...we are taking very good care of it.....speaking about "taking a good care of it", A few months back I had a laptop packed in a fruit box, no sign on it...fragile...just a banana box, I do not know what was in seller's mind...anyway, it came as expected, broken, badly. Seller accepted his mistake and I returned it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

emy wrote: »
    Yes, you are right, on the 8th evening was shipped, on the 12th at 11am arrived in Belfast and, a few minutes ago I got an email saying, the parcel has arrived at Parcel motel HQ...we are taking very good care of it.....speaking about "taking a good care of it", A few months back I had a laptop packed in a fruit box, no sign on it...fragile...just a banana box, I do not know what was in seller's mind...anyway, it came as expected, broken, badly. Seller accepted his mistake and I returned it.

Ah the joys... Hopefully this one arrives soon 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

Just a warning for anyone planning on using parcel motel.

I had a phone delivered. Went to collect at parcel motel locker. Opened the Locker with my code. Box was in there but nothing in the box.
    How is that possible? It had obviously been stolen.

Still waiting on parcel motels response a week later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Just a warning for anyone planning on using parcel motel.

I had a phone delivered. Went to collect at parcel motel locker. Opened the Locker with my code. Box was in there but nothing in the box.
    How is that possible? It had obviously been stolen.

Still waiting on parcel motels response a week later.

I'm done with parcel motel, their customer service is non existent

• Registered Users Posts: 8,387 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

With DPD creating another 700 new jobs due the high demand for on-line shopping, you would think UPS would take advantage too instead of ignoring whatever customer base they have left...

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 rodia77

Speaking of being done with PM, what are the alternatives? I only know of An Post's AddressPal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

rodia77 wrote: »
    Speaking of being done with PM, what are the alternatives? I only know of An Post's AddressPal.

There's also DPD Parcel Wizard

There's also DPD Parcel Wizard

Ha, I have an account with them but I didn't know they do mail forwarding from the UK, too. I see the address in Newtownabbey, so same issues for some purchases as with PM (eg batteries), and I have to check their insurance terms -- a convenient thing about PM is that you can buy insurance to I think €2.5k for a week or two, An Post in turn seems to apply a ridiculous €40 (€200 for home deliveries) cap.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

DPD or PM shouldn't have a problem with batteries as they only ship by road. I have never had a problem with hem shipping anything with batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭VG31

whiterebel wrote: »
    DPD or PM shouldn't have a problem with batteries as they only ship by road. I have never had a problem with hem shipping anything with batteries.

I imagine they mean Amazon or other companies not delivering items containing Lithium batteries to NI, rather than issues with PM/PW themselves.

• Advertisement

VG31 wrote: »
    I imagine they mean Amazon or other companies not delivering items containing Lithium batteries to NI, rather than issues with PM/PW themselves.

This.

Edit: BTW, DPD seem to cap their liability at €100, not great.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I never have a problem with Amazon delivering batteries to PM or PW?

whiterebel wrote: »
    I never have a problem with Amazon delivering batteries to PM or PW?

This Anker Power Bank for example won't ship to NI.

I don't know why Amazon don't ship batteries here considering it all comes on trucks. At least some deliveries to NI go by air.

Off the top of my head, other types of problematic products that come to mind include aerosol sprays or chemicals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

This Anker Power Bank for example won't ship to NI.

I don't know why Amazon don't ship batteries here considering it all comes on trucks. At least some deliveries to NI go by air.

They ship batteries like AAs to Ireland but no power banks. Same to N.I.
    If something with a battery will ship to N.I it can always go direct to Ireland as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

Are there still delays? The last parcel they sent me they didn't take a photo of it and I am missing one at the moment that PM customer service say they have but can't find....

jk23 wrote: »
    Are there still delays? The last parcel they sent me they didn't take a photo of it and I am missing one at the moment that PM customer service say they have but can't find....

thats what happened to mine, no photo. very suspicious

My last parcel was as normal, delivered to NI at 11:00. Stored in motel at 03:00 the next day.

thats what happened to mine, no photo. very suspicious

What is the status of your parcel? Are you still waiting for it to be delivered from Belfast?..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭Sarn

Delays may be location dependent. My parcel arrived in their depot in Dublin on Saturday afternoon and arrived for collection (Dublin) this evening.

• Advertisement

Sarn wrote: »
    Delays may be location dependent. My parcel arrived in their depot in Dublin on Saturday afternoon and arrived for collection (Dublin) this evening.

My parcel was delivered last Tuesday at 11.19 to the Belfast depot and they can't find in the warehouse

What is the status of your parcel? Are you still waiting for it to be delivered from Belfast?..

The box was delivered, but nothing in it other than bubble wrap

The box was delivered, but nothing in it other than bubble wrap

That's very weird, did you find out who signed for it in Belfast? I know the name of the person and have sent a message to Parcel motel but there was no photo of the last parcel that was delivered however the parcel that is missing was delivered with it ...

That's very weird, did you find out who signed for it in Belfast? I know the name of the person and have sent a message to Parcel motel but there was no photo of the last parcel that was delivered however the parcel that is missing was delivered with it ...

I don't. dublin parcel motel are looking into it. How do you find out who signed for it in belfast.? On my account there is just a graphic box instead of an actual photo of the box. It just doesn't sound right at all.

I don't. dublin parcel motel are looking into it. How do you find out who signed for it in belfast.? On my account there is just a graphic box instead of an actual photo of the box. It just doesn't sound right at all.

Parcelforce told me, I had to pay customs to get it released to the depot. William Moore is the name that signed for it. They are telling me they are searching the warehouse for it but it sounds like it's lost or worse

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Does anyone know can I send parcel to UK but instead storing in locker ,drop it off at main depot?I was trying to call them but no answer and I could not find anything on their site.Thanks

Does anyone know can I send parcel to UK but instead storing in locker ,drop it off at main depot?I was trying to call them but no answer and I could not find anything on their site.Thanks

There's a locker at the Finglas depot so you could drop it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Have always had good results with Parcel Motel. But I have a parcel coming from UK, was scanned into their depot in Dublin Thursday morning and no movement since. Usually it would go out same day or next day to the local collection point. I guess they are busy. I hope it moves Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,782 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Yea parcels are taking 2-3 days longer. Any time this crowd are under pressure they seem to drop customer service and not bother their arses answering the phone. If there was an alternative option in my town I’d take it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Yea parcels are taking 2-3 days longer. Any time this crowd are under pressure they seem to drop customer service and not bother their arses answering the phone. If there was an alternative option in my town I’d take it

Think of the number of staff required to answer the phone and give you the exact same answer as tracking will give you

Advertisement