Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail September Timetable Changes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Heard from a good source that Drivers havent even been given so much as roster information as to whos working what when this kicks in and they havent even agreeed to all this yet. For such a significant change to things alot of grief is over the lack of information.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Infini wrote: »
    Heard from a good source that Drivers havent even been given so much as roster information as to whos working what when this kicks in and they havent even agreeed to all this yet. For such a significant change to things alot of grief is over the lack of information.

They have been given rosters.
    The “issues” have arisen after receipt of these rosters.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

We have white smoke folks, good to go.
    Roll on next Monday and let the chaos commence.....

Better start taking bets on how many weeks Merrion LC goes without some impatient gobshyte charging through it. Pretty sure that sections gonna be a troublespot.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,671 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

More importantly who came out on top with the issues around rosters?

• Advertisement

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    More importantly who came out on top with the issues around rosters?

The traveling public of course ;)

Better start taking bets on how many weeks Merrion LC goes without some impatient gobshyte charging through it. Pretty sure that sections gonna be a troublespot.

Oh I’d imagine those gates will soften a few coughs in the not too distant future.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

I know I previously said you have perfect hearing, but I can't say the same for your eyes WCH :)

Currently we have black smoke in Landsdowne Road and plenty of it, white smoke in time for Monday is looking increasingly unlikely.

Monday could be an interesting day...

GM228 wrote: »
    I know I previously said you have perfect hearing, but I can't say the same for your eyes WCH :)

Currently we have black smoke in Landsdowne Road and plenty of it, white smoke in time for Monday is looking increasingly unlikely.

Monday could be an interesting day...

Ah ok. My info must be wrong so. Your source *cough* obviously knows more than mine. I’m off to crack skulls:D.

Apologies for getting everyone’s hopes up!!:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Ah, lads, you're killing us with suspense! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

I don't know what all the fuss is about. There's plenty of room to stow a cooler bag in a DART driver's cab.

:)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

I must say I haven't heard positive things about Monday. They may have to defer the timetable to prevent a dispute arising and a disruption to services.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,291 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

There's a bit more to this than "tea breaks" (we shall leave that argument to the LUAS drivers :)) and in fairness I would not call it disruptive behaviour either, there are two parties at play here and indications (from the WRC perspective anyway) is blame is not always one sided.

Is this dispute possibly going to delay these timetable changes?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,291 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

devnull wrote: »
    I must say I haven't heard positive things about Monday. They may have to defer the timetable to prevent a dispute arising and a disruption to services.

I'm highly biased on this given that I would have been losing my express trains from Portmarnock into Connolly... So I hope you're right

• Registered Users Posts: 7,542 ✭✭✭kingshankly

You definitely heard wrong my friend

Talks are concluded, and there is mainly white smoke, 10 minute DART should commence Monday, but, it is possible there may be some industrial unrest.

Talks are concluded, and there is mainly white smoke, 10 minute DART should commence Monday, but, it is possible there may be some industrial unrest.

If trains don't turn up or are disrupted due to operational issues, I guess we know what it is :)

If trains don't turn up or are disrupted due to operational issues, I guess we know what it is :)

All trains will run or no trains will run unless there is a sudden illness in driver grade.

Unions should be ensuring full compliance tomorrow.

All trains will run or no trains will run unless there is a sudden illness in driver grade.

This is not certain

Unions should be ensuring full compliance tomorrow.

Believe it or not they actually tried to, however the issue is with their members, not the union and it has caused severe division between drivers.

This is not certain

Believe it or not they actually tried to, however the issue is with their members, not the union and it has caused severe division between drivers.

So we're talking about possible unofficial industrial action?

• Advertisement

So we're talking about possible unofficial industrial action?

It is certainly a possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

So I use the Dart every week day and there has been zero station information or publicity on this. Going to be a lot of confused commuters tomorrow.

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    So I use the Dart every week day and there has been zero station information or publicity on this. Going to be a lot of confused commuters tomorrow.

It was displayed on the real time boards between the current train and station calls, the following two trains and all of the broken lifts from Rosslare to Dundalk.

Surely that was enough, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

LEIN wrote: »
    It was displayed on the real time boards between the current train and station calls, the following two trains and all of the broken lifts from Rosslare to Dundalk.

Surely that was enough, no?
    While I would kind of agree, they really should have made some PA announcements, even if automated on repeat, especially Thurs, Friday and Sat.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭BlondeBomb

I thought Maynooth lines were going to be increased, especially on weekends?

Still seem to be hourly services.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭thomasj

BlondeBomb wrote:
    I thought Maynooth lines were going to be increased, especially on weekends?

BlondeBomb wrote:
    Still seem to be hourly services.

Won't be until December

This is not certain

They have not tried hard enough! They were successful last year after the unofficial unrest.

Immediate dismissal from the union and IE actually taking legal action to recover financial loss, appears last years apparent action was quietly swept under the carpet?

I still think full service will run but we shall see.

They don't print out timetables anymore these days. You have to download the PDF off the website now for a timetable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

They don't print out timetables anymore these days. You have to download the PDF off the website now for a timetable.

Right but what percentage of commuters are aware that there's a new timetable in place....particularly those who are about to experience a significant change such as entirely losing a commuter service at peak times.

• Advertisement

Right but what percentage of commuters are aware that there's a new timetable in place....particularly those who are about to experience a significant change such as entirely losing a commuter service at peak times.

You'll never get everyone no matter how much you try to be fair. Some people are idiot's unfortunately you can have a big sign up telling them about it and they don't even LOOK at the damn thing half the time such is their lack of awareness of their own surroundings.

Advertisement