Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 United4321

How far down the list do we reckon they will go this set of calls? Patiently waiting!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Wannabe2018

United4321 wrote: »
    How far down the list do we reckon they will go this set of calls? Patiently waiting!

No idea think they got to around 420 in the last set! Where are you on the ML?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 United4321

460-480

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭eslow

United4321 wrote: »
    460-480

In the same merit band as you. Hoping I’ll be receiving a phone call next week. Guessing they will get up to around 470/480 for March start.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭nickolatte94

Hi everyone, had my medical recently, was wondering how long it takes to get SMT results? Or do they only tell you if you fail? Cheers

• Advertisement

Hi everyone, had my medical recently, was wondering how long it takes to get SMT results? Or do they only tell you if you fail? Cheers

Took mine about two weeks to come back in email

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Joceyjoe

I had my medical recently and got results of smt a week later

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Ze0tech

Joceyjoe wrote: »
    I had my medical recently and got results of smt a week later

That's great to hear. They are not hanging about, some took a few weeks. I've my fingers crossed you get your call too!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Joceyjoe

Ze0tech wrote: »
    That's great to hear. They are not hanging about, some took a few weeks. I've my fingers crossed you get your call too!![/quote

Thanks! Not long to go for you now to calls :)

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Ze0tech

That's great to hear. They are not hanging about, some took a few weeks. I've my fingers crossed you get your call too!![/quote

Here is hoping. It seems to be taking forever. It has to be soon for people to sort out notice period etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Tom_90

Here is hoping. It seems to be taking forever. It has to be soon for people to sort out notice period etc
    Surely Monday!

Is it Monday yet?!?!

Any lurkers get the call please post so the rest of us can guage where we stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Adam261

You get them by email but mine took around 5 weeks so don’t worry if you haven’t heard for a while .

Maybe it’s next week?? :0

eslow wrote: »
    Maybe it’s next week?? :0
    You may get lynched by an angry mob lol. There should be a posting ban between 9-5 when we expect calls unless you've had a call

Tom_90 wrote: »
    You may get lynched by an angry mob lol. There should be a posting ban between 9-5 when we expect calls unless you've had a call

Oh no don’t be saying that! The suspense is killing me! Lol

My turn to excite everyone with a notification. Unfortunately it's just to say that today was depressing. Hopefully calls go out tomorrow or at some stage soon. Feels like years since we had some positive news.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Hedgehog100

Hope this doesn’t prompt any heart attacks...
    Long time lurker but this is my first post, I’m 500-550.

Heard plenty of stories of people turning down offers right at the last minute so the list can move quicker than expected.

Just keep the heads up, get out running and keep fit in the meantime. Every week waiting is another week to get fitter. Even if further down the list there’s still a good chance for most of us, as I’d say this list will still be drawn from as late as July, update has to come by Friday going by previous months. Maybe even ... today ...

Hope this doesn’t prompt any heart attacks...
    Long time lurker but this is my first post, I’m 500-550.

Heard plenty of stories of people turning down offers right at the last minute so the list can move quicker than expected.

Just keep the heads up, get out running and keep fit in the meantime. Every week waiting is another week to get fitter. Even if further down the list there’s still a good chance for most of us, as I’d say this list will still be drawn from as late as July, update has to come by Friday going by previous months. Maybe even ... today ...

Cheers mate, it is difficult but keep the heads up and keep pushing yourselves fitness wise.

Anyone know if calls have went our later in the week previously or have they always began on a Monday? Curious

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Arniez12

Cheers mate, it is difficult but keep the heads up and keep pushing yourselves fitness wise.

Anyone know if calls have went our later in the week previously or have they always began on a Monday? Curious

Think they have began on a Tuesday before but not looking like much is happening today either.

Arniez12 wrote: »
    Think they have began on a Tuesday before but not looking like much is happening today either.

Emailed recruitment this afternoon and have been told they are still waiting on confirmation of the March 2019 intake. So doesn’t look like there will be much happening today or this week. Devastated!

Arniez12 wrote: »

Emailed recruitment this afternoon and have been told they are still waiting on confirmation of the March 2019 intake. So doesn’t look like there will be much happening today or this week. Devastated!
    Waiting on a confirmation of March intake in general or just numbers of March intake?

Waiting on a confirmation of March intake in general or just numbers of March intake?

Confirmation of the March intake in general

Confirmation of the March intake in general
    Time to drink that pint of bleach I've been saving

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Hedgehog100

Can’t see how a March intake could be skipped as it would put even more pressure on already stretched numbers.

From what I’ve read in the press, even if there were squads of 50 for every month of 2019 it still wouldnt get the numbers anywhere near what’s needed.

But if there’s no word by Friday then it looks like March will be a non starter

Can’t see how a March intake could be skipped as it would put even more pressure on already stretched numbers.

From what I’ve read in the press, even if there were squads of 50 for every month of 2019 it still wouldnt get the numbers anywhere near what’s needed.

But if there’s no word by Friday then it looks like March will be a non starter
    They won't skip a month and then resume again. If there's no March then that's it. But it's still early days. Calls could still go out next week.

They won't skip a month and then resume again. If there's no March then that's it. But it's still early days. Calls could still go out next week.

Still time for them calls. If they go out next week that’s still 6 weeks to March. So wouldn’t be losing faith just yet... I hope

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Dreamer84

I can't see them binning a list of ready people, especially when they are doing more fitness assessments and medicals

Doesn't make sense tbh,

• Advertisement

Still time for them calls. If they go out next week that’s still 6 weeks to March. So wouldn’t be losing faith just yet... I hope
    Calls will come it's just frustrating that we expected them to go out yesterday and they didn't. Always expect the worse. Would it kill recruitment to actually inform us of what they plan to do post March

Advertisement