Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Santa Strike Force 2017!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭louis346789

Pledging 50 euro. Will make payment now. Please post link to account details for payment

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Beasty wrote: »
    Fortunately I have a spare one in my back pocket:
    IBAN: IE45BOFI90008465748028
    BIC: BOFIIE2D

Or via Paypal

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Keith0R

Hi all,

Keith here just dropping a quick Thank You! on behalf of Barretstown for all the incredible memories you have helped create at camp over the years! We here at Barretstown have been lucky to be on the receiving end of Santa Strike Force over the years and it has made a huge difference to our programme. To name a few, our Lego Room is one of the most popular rooms on camp and it all came from here, including the amazing Barretstown logo on the wall made entirely out of Lego! When a child finds out we have an entire room dedicated to Lego!? That's a special moment to see their face light up. Our forest has some brilliant puzzles and games you can stop and play as you walk through, and they are a great team building activity for new groups getting to know each other, which we have every weekend. Even our music room has benefited from you guys also! Just wanted to stop in and let you all know you are awesome and we can't thank you enough! Camp has benefited so much with your help. You all rock!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭louis346789

Payment 50 done now . Ref ending 823109

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Peatys wrote: »
    Showed this thread to my missus, and she agreed that instead of buying eachother crap, we'll donate the cash..

200 pledged.

Also, instead of this being the last year, can it instead be the year Tom passes the baton to Beasty?

Done.

435816.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Yellow pack crisps

So by my reckoning I owe 595, and that would bring the total to date to €2,775 which does not include a couple of posters who did not specify amounts

Just to add a bit more interest to the weekend, I'll throw another €225 in if/when United beat City on Sunday - I'll be listening out for the cheers on here when we score:)

At least your poor taste in football supporting has led to a good cause 😀

€225 will go in tomorrow!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,381 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I hedged with a hundred quid on United to win at 12:5

I'd like to say we wuz robbed!

I'd like to, but alas....

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

€50 into the pot

Receipt ending 106463F

Best of luck with the fund raising, it's a great cause.

Best of luck as well DeVore :)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,381 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

€225 will go in tomorrow!
    OK I'll match that plus all (genuine - re-reg trolls need not apply) pledges made after you made that post and up to 23:59:59.99 tomorrow, Monday the 11 December (subject to an overall cap, but we've never got near that in the 6 or so years I've been doing this - I will post if we're getting near to my limit though!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Fantastic stuff Beasty as always, fair play :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xaracatz

Xaracatz wrote: »
    I'll put in EUR100 if it's a draw.

:)

Soooo, not a draw.

Anyone care to make a bet with me?

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭_dof_

EUR50 donated, was just waiting for the inevitable Beasty matching :)
    Transaction ending C6125274W

• Registered Users Posts: 7,896 ✭✭✭Patser

Fair play DeVore for all these years of effort, really outstanding work.

And Beasty too for matching others, which I'll now take advantage of.

Normally can put in €50 each year, but got our Irish Water refund there, and since Beasty is matching anyway €250 into the pot. Ref ending 00273N

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Keith0R wrote: »
    Hi all,

Keith here just dropping a quick Thank You! on behalf of Barretstown for all the incredible memories you have helped create at camp over the years! We here at Barretstown have been lucky to be on the receiving end of Santa Strike Force over the years and it has made a huge difference to our programme. To name a few, our Lego Room is one of the most popular rooms on camp and it all came from here, including the amazing Barretstown logo on the wall made entirely out of Lego! When a child finds out we have an entire room dedicated to Lego!? That's a special moment to see their face light up. Our forest has some brilliant puzzles and games you can stop and play as you walk through, and they are a great team building activity for new groups getting to know each other, which we have every weekend. Even our music room has benefited from you guys also! Just wanted to stop in and let you all know you are awesome and we can't thank you enough! Camp has benefited so much with your help. You all rock!
    mmmmgggnnnnhhhh ... all the feels.

Soooo, not a draw.

Anyone care to make a bet with me?

Newcastle v Everton Wednesday? I like Newcastle??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xaracatz

Newcastle v Everton Wednesday? I like Newcastle??

And I like Wednesdays. Deal!

And I like Wednesdays. Deal!

You won’t after this Wednesday 😀

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

€100 from me lodged into the SSF account (username as transaction ref). Cheers for the top up Beasty!

17 mins left....

17 mins left....
    ...'til I extend it 24 hours - matching continues until 23:59:59.99 tonight, Tuesday 12 December

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

€25 receipt ending 403225C merry Christmas boardies

• Registered Users Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Here's another €25 to bring me up to €50, missed out on Beasty boosting the first one but no excuses for missing out on this one :D

Receipt ending LA064610H

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

In for €30

Receipt Ending: LG428780K

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭south

€20 added through paypal Receipt ending : J5987264B

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭brianomc

€50 paid in just now. 3JR230896T236645J

Fair play DeVore and Beasty and all contributors.

...'til I extend it 24 hours - matching continues until 23:59:59.99 tonight, Tuesday 12 December
    OK, last time I'll add another 24 hours - matching extended to 23:59:99 Wednesday 13 December

Plus €50 for every goal United score against Bournemouth tomorrow evening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

€25 into the pot! Receipt number: 2PG22308D5799005A

Fair play Tom and Beasty for all you've done for the kids.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Spoke with a small school in Celbridge today, they deal with a range of special needs and I talked them through what we do. You'd think I was *actually* Santa Claus, they were so excited. "You've made our Christmas!!" .... they were so excited on the phone, the kids in the background started getting excited without understanding why :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

DeVore wrote: »
    Spoke with a small school in Celbridge today, they deal with a range of special needs and I talked them through what we do. You'd think I was *actually* Santa Claus, they were so excited. "You've made our Christmas!!" .... they were so excited on the phone, the kids in the background started getting excited without understanding why :)

St Raphael’s?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,013 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

In for €100 - Receipt : ****42331B6586119

Well done to all for organising :)

Advertisement