Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Santa Strike Force 2017!!

Options

Comments

I donated small amounts the last few years because I was in college and broke. I am now in a grad role this year, so I am still not rich but I'll donate a bit more this year, when I get paid on Dec 20th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Such a great cause :) €20 donated ******4721823W

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,381 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

It's been a relatively quiet 24 hours in here. Sunday's are typically quieter, and in celebration of United's performance this evening at Arsenal I'll put in €20 for all genuine pledges (one €20 per poster, but anyone that has already pledged tatranska:p is allowed to pledge again and I'll put in another €20!) made between now and 11:59.999999..... on Sunday 3 December

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Hipps72

Great annual thread for excellent causes - Eur50 sent Receipt number ending 429374A

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Innocent123

Great cause €50 donated, receipt ending 8484c

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Beasty wrote: »
    It's been a relatively quiet 24 hours in here. Sunday's are typically quieter, and in celebration of United's performance this evening at Arsenal I'll put in €20 for all genuine pledges (one €20 per poster, but anyone that has already pledged tatranska:p is allowed to pledge again and I'll put in another €20!) made between now and 11:59.999999..... on Sunday 3 December

I'm being victimised.... what's the whistleblowers helpline number? :D

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,381 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I'm being victimised.... what's the whistleblowers helpline number? :D
    You call that victimisation? victimisation???

Just you wait til tomorrow, boyo - I'll show you some victimisation...

:pac:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Tom, I just read a post on FB saying Crumlin hospital are desperate for xbox controllers. Could you give them a shout Maybe?

I don't want to link to a private FB page here but if it's ok I'll tag you in the post.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Pledging €50, will put it through tomorrow.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Beasty wrote: »
    You call that victimisation? victimisation???

Just you wait til tomorrow, boyo - I'll show you some victimisation...

:pac:.

Another €20 gone through ending *****8EE209111D :D

• Advertisement

Another €20 gone through ending *****8EE209111D :D
    OK, anyone any idea how much I'm in for now?

Oh what the hell! - I'll put in another €25 for all (genuine) pledges made between 23.30 on Sunday 3 December and 23:59:59.999999... (my deadline was all wrong last night - I misstated the last minute:o) on Monday 4 December

GLaDOS, as yours is going in tomorrow it will qualify for €25 rather than €20

Happy Big Moon everybody....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Thank you beasty you big fcuking legend!!

€25 just donated.

********0718843V

No idea why we need to star out some of the numbers but enough people have done it to make me sufficiently suspicious :D

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I'll pledge €25, it'll have to wait a few days til payday though, otherwise computer says no:o

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Pledging €50, will put it through tomorrow.

Signed, sealed and delivered.

17E608865B648503W.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

€20 just gone through.
    Wish I could give more but I have a few others I try to give something to.

Thanks guys for doing this
    Beasty you are a legend, and thanks and best wishes de Vore!

*********F500053S

Right, come on guys and gals - wake up, as this is the last time I'm doing this. Pledge upped to €30 for genuine pledge(rs) between now and 23:59:59 Tuesday 5 December, plus another €50 for every goal United score against the Ruskies tomorrow evening

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 63 ✭✭thedeere

Perharps people just want to donate money without some one taking the glory for it. I’ll pledge €30 and pay within 48 hours but don’t want anyone adding to it. If it’s not worthy then just say and I won’t pay.
    I don’t understand the need to come on top of everyone’s contribution.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

thedeere wrote: »
    Perharps people just want to donate money without some one taking the glory for it. I’ll pledge €30 and pay within 48 hours but don’t want anyone adding to it. If it’s not worthy then just say and I won’t pay.

I don't think donating is about taking the glory. Kind of a weird way of looking at it imo.

This is a common way to get people to donate/contribute as they know that the charity is getting what they can afford + a contribution on top which costs them nothing.

The posts also keep the thread active and in the top couple of pages on boards etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

heroics wrote: »
    The posts also keep the thread active and in the top couple of pages on boards etc.
    On that, does the thread fare better or worse when unstickied?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Ficheall wrote: »
    On that, does the thread fare better or worse when unstickied?

It's normally stickied, but there are issues with stickys on mobile not appearing or something. So it's left floating now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

It's showing as currently stickied for me. (Legacy version)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

The links to click on to donate...not working for me on the touch site (do on full site,just for mobile users)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

I've created a floating ssf thread that we'll bump so everyone can see it. It contains a link to this thread and nude pics of beasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

*Closes account*

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xaracatz

Beasty is a legend, and has encouraged some fun on charitable contributions (not to mention the monies he has put in). From being in here the past few years, everybody's donations are really appreciated - we give what we can, and it makes
    a difference!

€50 for me for now (**********870335N) - and I look forward to bleeding Beasty dry this year! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Yellow pack crisps

Let’s get Xmas started and people sone f*cking things!! €500! Transaction ending 1050

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

I'm going to commit to €50 but it'll be over the next 10 days or so.

You are perfectly entitled to adopt that position, and I will thank you for the donation regardless. All I'm trying to do is help build a sense of community around here and I will continue to support this cause in ways that contribute to that aim

Yes I'll admit some of the reactions to what I pledge gives me a warm feeling inside. There are other things I can and do support, but I like to devote the one thing I can that does not need a lot of effort, as I know my free time to help out in other ways is limited.

There are 2 main reasons I choose to support this cause and attempt to encourage others to do the same. Firstly I know how much DeVore as well as others (particularly some of the AH mods over the years) have put into this, and that not a cent is taken away to cover any overheads or other expenses. Secondly this is one cause I feel I can make a big difference to.

The consensus around here appears that most people who get involved are happy for me to help out in this way. To date (and I've been doing this for what, 5 years now?)I think you are the first to express some dissatisfaction in this way. If plenty of others start doing the same I would be happy to reconsider my approach.

Conspectus wrote: »
    It contains a link to this thread and nude pics of beasty.
    FFS! You said they were for your own use only:o

• Advertisement

*Closes account*

:pac:

I'll pledge a fiver if you really do :D

Advertisement