Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you think ISIS/Al Queda terror will end eventually?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Extremist ideologies will always exist, it's part of the human condition.

Even if we attain the position where religions have no influence over public policy, and the entire planet is united under a single governing structure, you will have extremist groups who want to break away and be in charge of their own little corner of the planet, ruling with their own set of arbitrary codes. And they'll use violence to try and achieve it.

Even reading my post, some of you will become irrationally angry about the concept that we'd have a one-world government. This tribal instinct will never leave us, most of us will just learn to recognise its irrationality.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

No. Discontent will always find a new way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

baylah17 wrote: »
    They will go and be replaced by another group or groups, look at the lat 30 years or so;
    PLO
    Black September
    PFLP
    Abu Nidal
    Action Direct
    Red Brigades
    Red Army Faction
    PIRA
    Bader-Meinhoff

They had their time and they were overtaken by new terrorist groups.

Not to mention:
    New Provo Front
    Liberte de Quebec
    Asian Dawn...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

KungPao wrote: »
    Not to mention:
    New Provo Front
    Liberte de Quebec
    Asian Dawn...

No, DAWN dear - DAWN!!!! ;)

KungPao wrote: »
    Not to mention:
    New Provo Front
    Liberte de Quebec
    Asian Dawn...

You missed the People's Front of Judea too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Hopefully they will.

No. These Terrorist groups are far too connected to their religion and Islam is based on a warrior culture system. There is no suggestion of forgiveness in any dialogue, which gives them the ability to rehash every slight they've ever received and produce it to justify their cause. Instead, ISIS/Al Queda will morph into another group with similar aims, and it won't stop until the overall culture/religion changes, or they win becoming the dominant culture/religion/society in the world.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Has a certain poster asked for this thread to be shut down yet? :rolleyes:

darkdubh wrote: »
    Has a certain poster asked for this thread to be shut down yet? :rolleyes:

Not as yet no!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

Go on I'll bite - then who brought down the Towers ? Who has been waging jihad across Europe for a decade or more ?

You just need to watch a BBC documentary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD1BRE-DBsA

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Go on I'll bite - then who brought down the Towers ? Who has been waging jihad across Europe for a decade or more ?

Wake up sheeple! You just don't get it, you're not one of the special ones who can see through the MSM lies and questioning what you are being told (just don't question the dullards on the youtube videos or on infowars).

As far as ISIS goes, I think they will burn themselves out. Scummy groups have always been around but ISIS seem to be a bit too cruel and incoherent to be able to remain a functioning organization for long. They will probably turn on each other after a while.

Chrongen wrote: »
    Laugh all you want. They don't exist.

Sorry, you're just attention seeking.

Ipso wrote: »

Have you ever seen or heard anybody who has claimed to be a member of ISIS or IS or ISIL or Al Qaeda?

I haven't.

EVER.

Hmm. Have you a pamphlet I can subscribe to?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Have you ever seen or heard anybody who has claimed to be a member of ISIS or IS or ISIL or Al Qaeda?

I haven't.

EVER.

I've never met an Argentinian, doesn't mean the country doesn't bloody exist.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

Did ISIS exist before the Us ruined Iraq?
    The west and particularly the Us has brought some of this on themselves.

The people that formed it did. If we are to say that intervention in Iraq and Libya helped cause their rise, does that mean the best we can hope for are dictatorships to keep the scumbags under control?

I haven't.

EVER.

I've also never met anyone who claimed to be in the SAS, the Smurfs or the Harlem Globetrotters but I'm sure they're real. Their work proves it.

The people that formed it did. If we are to say that intervention in Iraq and Libya helped cause their rise, does that mean the best we can hope for are dictatorships to keep the scumbags under control?

Conservative estimates have the iraqi civilian death toll from the Us invasion at over 100000. Thats a lot of pissed of family members left behind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

With the amount of Christmas markets that'll be taking place all over Europe in the next month, an attack is inevitable IMO.

Most have been surrounded with concrete barriers now so it will be a lot harder to do a truck attack which seems to be their favoured method as of late.

• Advertisement

Autochange wrote: »
    Conservative estimates have the iraqi civilian death toll from the Us invasion at over 100000. Thats a lot of pissed of family members left behind.

Most of that death toll is down to rival groups/civil war. Of course that fighting was indirectly caused by the US invasion, so are we better of with dictators in power?

Then you have stuff like this happening that is not exactly encouraging.
    http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/inpictures/2017/11/pakistan-police-move-anti-blasphemy-protests-171126075559069.html

Most of that death toll is down to rival groups/civil war. Of course that fighting was indirectly caused by the US invasion, so are we better of with dictators in power?

Then you have stuff like this happening that is not exactly encouraging.
    http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/inpictures/2017/11/pakistan-police-move-anti-blasphemy-protests-171126075559069.html

That depends on whether invading forces are actually really there to free the people.

I've never met an Argentinian, doesn't mean the country doesn't bloody exist.

Well, I suppose that proves it all then.

I've never seen the tooth fairy. Hence her/his existence can't be sub or unsubstantiated either.

Al Qaeda doesn't exist.

Of course the war was one of the most ridiculous foreign policy decisions of recent years; but given what's happened the choices seem to be brutal dictator or civil war.

I've never seen the tooth fairy. Hence her/his existence can't be sub or unsubstantiated either.

Al Qaeda doesn't exist.

So the suicide bombings and attacks are carried out by whom?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Grayson wrote: »
    It's probably worth mentioning that terrorist attacks by right wingers in the US since 9/11 have outnumbered islamic attacks. So it might be that something has already replaced it, just no-ones noticed because there's so much focus on islam because of 9/11.
    Is that number of attacks rather than death toll? Imagine the latter will have a greater impact on the public imagination.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

OnDraught wrote: »
    More than 300 people died in a mosque attack in Egypt on Friday.

Was gonna mention that one my self. Unfortunately Al Queda and IS are probably killing hundreds often in the Middle East and North Africa, but it seems these people are either not White or Western enough for the mainstream media for it to be reported. It was two days after the above events before I heard it, that goes to show the interest.

Al Qaeda doesn't exist.

Asked that hours ago. I'm not expecting a speedy reply.

Asked that hours ago. I'm not expecting a speedy reply.

Disillusioned and mentally weak lone wolves who have had innocent family members or friends killed by Us invading forces?

• Advertisement

Have you ever once witnessed anybody claiming to be a member or these groups?

I haven't.

I've seen people claim membership of the IRA or ETA or Black September or The Tamil Tigers or Shining Path or......(fill in the nomenclature) but I have never once experienced anyone claiming to be a member of Al Qaeda or the Islamic State. IS in Libya/Lebanon...whatever ISIL stands for.

I haven't, I really have not.

Advertisement