Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAMSAT 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭GrabTheCREAM

If it helps anyone, I went to the BOI opposite UCD they said the loan is max 60k and it would be in repayments of €780 every month for 10 years. Even if you only get the loan for the last 2 years or for only 1 year the loan repayments remain €780 but would be for a shorter period of time.

For example, Im fortunate enough to be able to pay for my first two years, so I’ll get the loan for year 3&4 so my repayments will be €780 over 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭ChromosomeT

Interesting, but How reliable is this tho

I'm not religious in the slightest but PLEASE GOD

• Registered Users Posts: 29 moss house

not sure about that

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭futuremedic777

i am sooo nervous, im currently on holiday in NYC, so ill be up till 1am for the outcomes (6am in dublin)

1.5 hours out, wish everyone the best!

• Advertisement

UCD with 59!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 medgirl18

UCD with 59!!

Yay congrats!! 54 didn’t get me UL unfortunately but hopefully next round :(

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭indiep

UL with 56!!

medgirl18 wrote: »
    UCD with 59!!

Yay congrats!! 54 didn’t get me UL unfortunately but hopefully next round :(
    Thank you! Once we see the actual cutoffs come out we’ll have a better idea I think. Really didn’t think I’d get into Ucd hahah

Got UL with 55 which must have been cut off point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 shakywaky

when are the cut-offs released does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Limk88

moss house wrote: »
    Got UL with 55 which must have been cut off point.
    I am on 55 with no offer - must be 55* for UL... Am heartbroken!

I’m so curious to see the cutoffs. Must mean UCD dropped to 58 bc I wouldn’t have got it on 59* I don’t think. So strange

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Pingding

Yeah does anyone know when they put out the cut off scores?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Rainbowdash1

I’m so curious to see the cutoffs. Must mean UCD dropped to 58 bc I wouldn’t have got it on 59* I don’t think. So strange
    Why wouldn't you have gotten in on 59*? Does the * not indicate random selection?

Why wouldn't you have gotten in on 59*? Does the * not indicate random selection?
    I think it’s people >59 get the offer then those on 59 get it in round 1 and 2? I may be wrong tho

Why didn’t you get an offer on same score as me. You must be very close.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Kirby2k07

I tried fiddling with the 2017 and 2016 urls to get a pdf of the cut-offs, no luck yet. Nice to see that Brendan chap was talking through his arse. Sad at the same time tho, he probably derived some bizarre sadistic pleasure in getting people’s hopes up.
    On another note, just realised the deadline to accept the offer is 9th August. Does that mean UCD will only invite us to register by then, or will they email us individually as each candidate accepts their offer?

I agree with you his advice was that 51 would get an offer in UL whereas the reality today is a minimum of 55 is the requirement at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Limk88

No idea, I don't know how the selection works when it is 55*.  I don't really know what to do now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 PlaysDestiny

Got UCD. Brendan was just stirring.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Rainbowdash1

Limk88 wrote: »
    No idea, I don't know how the selection works when it is 55*.  I don't really know what to do now!

Hope for an offer in the next round.
    I'm fairly certain * means that only some who got this score were offered a place. And I think those places are randomly assigned. But for the next round of offers the others on 55 will be first in line.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 westawake35

Hope for an offer in the next round.
    I'm fairly certain * means that only some who got this score were offered a place. And I think those places are randomly assigned. But for the next round of offers the others on 55 will be first in line.

Does anyone know when or where we can see what the cutoffs are for each school?

Kirby2k07 wrote: »

Thanks Kirby

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭e1994

Is it usually released the same day as the results? :)

Haven’t a clue, but if you open up the previous years results and switch year from 2017 to 2018 in the url address you might be able to see it before it’s officially available

• Registered Users Posts: 36 JS0692

e1994 wrote: »
    Is it usually released the same day as the results? :)

I’ve a screenshot of them at noon on the day of round 0 last year.

It’s up now

• Advertisement

It’s up now

UCC 58

UL 55*

RCSI 59*

UCD 59*

Advertisement